PDA

View Full Version : Calcasieu eXtreme Rods

jchief
12-12-2012, 09:42 PM
If you are thinking about a rod for Christmas, let me know by Saturday. I can get a couple more done.

I was able to get some more of the Castaway blanks I am building the $90 ML plastics rod on. They won't last long. If you want one and don't want to buy it now, I will take a $30 deposit to hold the blank for 6 months for you.

Thanks for all of your business.

fishfighter
01-22-2013, 02:33 PM
hey jude i just told railside feed and supply to get with you on some ymb jigheads

jchief
01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Thanks. Brad, bgizzle, has made contact with them and they should be stocking them in April

Really appreciate it

fishfighter
01-22-2013, 05:04 PM
yeah i was over there for lunch today, asked them if they had any, told them they should really get some, i still haven't tried them, never in stock any where when i think about looking for them

jchief
01-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Get with Brad, he has some.

fishfighter
01-22-2013, 05:15 PM
i think i tried before, if i remember correctly he didn't have the right paint and weight combination i was wanting, looking for chartruese 1/8&1/4 oz

Montauk17
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Color of the jighead does not matter bro....plain works fine and you don't have to worry about the paint chipping off.

fishfighter
01-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Color of the jighead does not matter bro....plain works fine and you don't have to worry about the paint chipping off.

you probably right, but i have fished side by side two different colors and have caught more on one than the other, may be just coincidence but you know how it is when you have a certain feeling about what you fishing with, but i am all about anything that helps, so i will pick up some unpainted ones also and experiment :spineyes::spineyes::spineyes:

bgizzle
01-22-2013, 07:21 PM
I don't have and colored like Jude said but I do have a few left. A couple guys tried but they were from out of state. I take care of south Louisiana. I'm about to stock up again here in the next week or so. I've been in hunt mode and a few guys said they wanted some so I held em then they crawfished. Ill make a Count n post em. Ill email you soon Jude.

fishfighter
01-22-2013, 07:46 PM
We will have to meet up one day for lunch, let me know what day you can meet me and where, broussard/lafayette area, i will buy some from you to try them out

Montauk17
01-22-2013, 10:27 PM
you probably right, but i have fished side by side two different colors and have caught more on one than the other, may be just coincidence but you know how it is when you have a certain feeling about what you fishing with, but i am all about anything that helps, so i will pick up some unpainted ones also and experiment :spineyes::spineyes::spineyes:

I have caught countless fish on plain jigheads,trust me the fish don't shy away from them. The lure color and presentation has more to do with making them bite.

bgizzle
01-22-2013, 10:33 PM
We will have to meet up one day for lunch, let me know what day you can meet me and where, broussard/lafayette area, i will buy some from you to try them out

Friday possibly unless you want to wait until next shipment I am going to try and make it before weekend and I can get you exactly what you want.

bgizzle
01-22-2013, 10:38 PM
I have caught countless fish on plain jigheads,trust me the fish don't shy away from them. The lure color and presentation has more to do with making them bite.

I agree. You prolly fish better than the person on the side of you. I've NEVER fished with color jigheads but the best fisherman I know personal friend wise fishes mostly with chart head. He said he's always done it so y change it but what difference can it really make? Make a solid point to your theory or hey lets go fishing;) and ill use unpainted. If I see it for myself ill switch for life. Other than that you just good my friend and your underestimating your abilities.

meaux fishing
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
I think on certain days head color can make a difference. I used to use chart heads only but when I switched to plain I actually found I caught more fish in all water conditions.

fishfighter
01-23-2013, 08:03 AM
Friday possibly unless you want to wait until next shipment I am going to try and make it before weekend and I can get you exactly what you want.

let me know when you get your shipment in, i will be first in line!!!

i want some red, white, chart. and of course i will have to get some plain
1/8 & 1/4 (5 each)

and don't forget about my hustling discount:grinpimp:

jchief
01-23-2013, 08:05 AM
I am out of town till Tuesday and we are low on inventory right now. Like Brad said, we are all in hunt mode.

We will be stocking up soon though.