PDA

View Full Version : Deer Season 2009

Big Lake Blondie
10-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Well fellows, it's that time of year again...Anybody got any deer stories to start the 2009 season off with? Have any of ya'll already gotten a deer this year???:) We've already been in the woods since bow season in September...

Snappa Slappa
10-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Well my lease is in Mittie and its not really known for having too many deer. Last weekend was the opening weekend for muzzleloading so we had about 15 hunters out there. There were 4 deer killed (all does) 3 missed and 34 seen all together. I dont think we seen that many for the whole year in 2008 so hopefully it will be a good season.

Big Lake Blondie
10-16-2009, 11:58 PM
we had a friend get a 10 point last weekend on muzzleloader...and that sucker was FAT...157 pounds and was solid white around the meat...and was chock full of acorns...makes for a cold winter...my husband text me earlier he got a pig...pig, deeer, they all eat...

Red Devil
10-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm not bowhuntin this year, But I'm ready for Oct 31st. I'll post with a big un. Hopefully. I'm super pumped up.

huntin fool
10-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Just got back...camped out last night...got up sat in my stand, and started counting wabbits.

NO deer, between me and dad we seen 1 yote, 2 bobcats (no shots given) 10 wabbits

Gerald
10-17-2009, 12:29 PM
You can not kill a Deer at home..........stay in the stand longer.

Shoot all the Yote's and Bobcats that you can.....they are not good for a hunting lease.

longsidelandry
10-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Haven't hunted yet but we went to the lease last weekend and saw 6 just riding on the roads checking our plots out. I hope it's a good season for everybody.

huntin fool
10-17-2009, 01:32 PM
You can not kill a Deer at home......stay in the stand longer.

Shoot all the Yote's and Bobcats that you can.....they are not good for a hunting lease.

Going back this evening, Sitting in my ground blind at my duck pond, if i dont see the deer then i'll see ducks!

longsidelandry
10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Going back this evening, Sitting in my ground blind at my duck pond, if i dont see the deer then i'll see ducks!

Fool...DON'T SHOOT THE DUCKS!!! It's only a few weeks away, don't get trigger happy lol.

Jordan
10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Passed on a yearlin this morning. She woulda dressed out at about 40 lbs

Red Devil
10-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Passed on a yearlin this morning. She woulda dressed out at about 40 lbs
Can you say TENDER????????

huntin fool
10-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Fool...DON'T SHOOT THE DUCKS!!! It's only a few weeks away, don't get trigger happy lol.

Scrath the ground blind at pond...momma wants to come hunting, since she doesn't climb trees, i'll be nice and let her have the ground blind.

While i wait up in my stand, freezing my .... off with the wind.

longsidelandry
10-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Scrath the ground blind at pond...momma wants to come hunting, since she doesn't climb trees, i'll be nice and let her have the ground blind.

While i wait up in my stand, freezing my .... off with the wind.

Yea that wind is pretty chilly. There was a few times I was wishing I had wore long sleeves or at least brought my jacket with me to the skeet shoot this morning.

huntin fool
10-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Yea that wind is pretty chilly. There was a few times I was wishing I had wore long sleeves or at least brought my jacket with me to the skeet shoot this morning.

it was COLD this morning in ragley....i had my duck hunting bibs, longsleeve, a hoodie, and when the wind was kicking a jacket!

Gerald
10-17-2009, 06:58 PM
My rule of thumb......

For every 5 mph that the wind is blowing = 5 F colder.

If the humidity is high.....it will feel colder than that.

I walk in carring my climber, with a short or long sleeve shirt in 30 F temperatures to keep from sweating. I carry the rest of my cloths to put on after I cool off from walking into the woods.