PDA

View Full Version : I-Phone

fishfighter
03-05-2013, 02:27 PM
what is different about the I-Phone 5 compared to the 4s, is it worth the extra $150 difference in the price

meaux fishing
03-05-2013, 02:41 PM
From what I was told if you have a 4s there is not much noticeable difference except for screen size

Hopedale Hustler
03-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Garbage...same dayumm thing just barely longer...I just switched from apple iphone 5 to galaxy note 2 and its the best thing I ever did and I was a 5 year iphone fan...apple is just making the same phone over and over again now I believe the android/galaxy market is ahere the future lies

DannyI
03-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Sales rep told me same thing, size of display larger than 4S, and not much better on speed. So I upgraded to 4S and kept da money in my pocket. Very satisfied.

scott craft
03-06-2013, 05:10 PM
The iPhone 5 has a better processor and is LTE capable. If you live in an area where LTE is available it's quite a step up in speed. To me the extra money the 5 costs over the 4S is well worth it for a phone you'll have almost two years.

BassAssasin
03-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Yea the LTE coverage is sweet! And fast if not faster than a lot of wifi

scott craft
03-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Yea the LTE coverage is sweet! And fast if not faster than a lot of wifi

My WiFi at home can't touch Verizon's LTE around Lake Charles.

Dink
03-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Galaxy S3!! Android is where its at. Apple does some things great, but they havent come up with anything new in awhile......

Plus, the operating system is easier

swamp snorkler
03-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Galaxy S3!! Android is where its at. Apple does some things great, but they havent come up with anything new in awhile......

Quoted for the troof

scott craft
03-07-2013, 08:17 AM

I prefer android out of the two, but there's nothing wrong with an iPhone. I'm not very trusting of Google either.

Goosepond Monster
03-07-2013, 11:16 AM
I switched from a 4 to a 5 at the beginning of the year. Overall I am happy with the upgrade. My only complaint is the battery on the 5 doesn't last as long as I expected it would. On my 4 I could get two to three days per charge and now I am charging the 5 every other day with normal usage, but it seems on the weekend I have to charge it daily when I spend more time using it.

scott craft
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
If you're charging your phone every other day that's much better than most are doing.

fishfighter
03-07-2013, 01:02 PM
well talked to att and verizon last night, i will probably be switching to verizon and the ihone 5, will go with the 5 cause some b-day money helps cushion the difference in phone cost, i will know for sure if verizon is better than att after i get out on the water or in the woods

Goooh
03-07-2013, 01:11 PM
I switched to Verizon because that's what my company runs, not long after my wife switched too. Sooooo much better on all fronts - much faster net speed, no dropped calls, calls actually come through...

I'll never go back.

Plus the iPhone is a workhorse, I spend the entire day working and playing and streaming music and in two years have never had an issue. Doesn't freeze, rarely lags when multitasking, I wish everything utility/tool in life would work as smoothly and consistently as an iPhone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott craft
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
well talked to att and verizon last night, i will probably be switching to verizon and the ihone 5, will go with the 5 cause some b-day money helps cushion the difference in phone cost, i will know for sure if verizon is better than att after i get out on the water or in the woods

The only negative with the Verizon iPhone 5 is that it won't do voice and data at the same time on 3G or 4G. That's not a big deal to me but for some it is.

Dink
03-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Android on Verizon does.....dont see why Iphone wouldnt?

scott craft
03-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Android on Verizon does.....dont see why Iphone wouldnt?

Apple left out the antenna that is necessary to keep the phone as thin as possible.

fishfighter
03-07-2013, 02:17 PM
does that mean i can't look something up online if i am talking with some one on the phone with verizon, i have an iphone 3gs and i can talk and surf at the same time with att!!!!

scott craft
03-07-2013, 02:19 PM
does that mean i can't look something up online if i am talking with some one on the phone with verizon, i have an iphone 3gs and i can talk and surf at the same time with att!!!!

Correct. Some Verizon phones can do that on 3G, all of them can do it on 4G except the iPhone.

fishfighter
03-07-2013, 02:22 PM
well that makes no sense, does that mean that apple makes different phones for different networks, that would be silly, why can it be done on att and not verizon

Goooh
03-07-2013, 03:08 PM
well that makes no sense, does that mean that apple makes different phones for different networks, that would be silly, why can it be done on att and not verizon

Yep, screen for AT&T won't fit Verizon.

The surfing and talking is my only complaint, I thought it was a silly need until I needed maps while talking and driving, then it's even worse when using it as a hotspot on your PC and you lose your net during a phone call... Not surfing during long, boring conference calls either!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpeff31787
03-07-2013, 03:30 PM
different stroke for different folks I guess.. I switched from android to iphone, and I much rather my Iphone. My wife has the 5 and i have the 4s, 5 is faster and it may have a better display. Its hard to tell because I keep my display brightness around 40%

meaux fishing
03-07-2013, 03:42 PM

Because AT&T had a deal with Apple first. So when Verizon wanted the iPhone, AT&T agreed to let them have it but AT&T's version had to be better

scott craft
03-07-2013, 05:25 PM

Verizon and AT&T use different network technologies. Verizon's network is capable of talk and surf at the same time on 3G and 4G, but it requires extra stuff in the phone. From what I understand if Apple would have put the extra antenna in for Verizon the phone would have had to be thicker. That's why you see AT&T commercials talking about their iPhone talking and surfing at the same time. If you really want to switch to Verizon and talking and surfing at the same time there are other phones that can do that, like the Galaxy S3 and the Note 2. I believe all the HTC phones can do it too. I'm not sure about the Motorola phones.

fishfighter
03-08-2013, 08:19 AM
well thanks for every one's input, decision was made and decision was changed, finally chose the galaxy s 3 on verizon, only been 12hours so far, but i think i am liking it, not much of a change from apple app store to the android market, but we will see what the next two years hold :eek:

scott craft
03-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Hope you like it.It should do pretty good for you, it's a solid phone.