PDA

View Full Version : Braid

Goooh
03-16-2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjXek07jD38&sns=em

Capt.B
03-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Dude is a douche....I fish "it" (braid) with lead only....and will school his butt fishing a grub with an 1/8 oz lead......I went through the transition from mono to braid and it was strange at first....you may lose 5yds or so in distance...but the sensitivity does not compare............JMHO:cool:

Goooh
03-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Dude is a douche....I fish "it" (braid) with lead only....and will school his butt fishing a grub with an 1/8 oz lead......I went through the transition from mono to braid and it was strange at first....you may lose 5yds or so in distance...but the sensitivity does not compare............JMHO:cool:

Yes, it was pretty funny though. I likes the braid. I'm a weekend warrior , but my full time job is high performance synthetic ropes. We make and test ropes that use the same base fibers, but they have tensile strengths exceeding 5,000,000 lbs.

My question about braid though is visibility - I get fire line for free from the fiber manufacturer and love it for all the obvious reason. Should I be concerned with tying a mono leader onto the olive green fire line? Will bass care? Will anything really notice it? I've never been under water to look at it from a fish's perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montauk17
03-16-2013, 08:40 PM
How did you find this useless video? Obviously he has no idea what he is talking about. Braid is better than mono in every way. Zero line twist,last forever,zero stretch,and you can feel a fish breath on your line. Hell I even use 10lb power pro for my sacalait rods.

Goooh
03-16-2013, 08:43 PM
How did you find this useless video? Obviously he has no idea what he is talking about. Braid is better than mono in every way. Zero line twist,last forever,zero stretch,and you can feel a fish breath on your line. Hell I even use 10lb power pro for my sacalait rods.

I was trying to find info on visibility. Can't you guys just laugh?! Tell me you haven't pimped your braid at a red light?

Montauk17
03-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Yes, it was pretty funny though. I likes the braid. I'm a weekend warrior , but my full time job is high performance synthetic ropes. We make and test ropes that use the same base fibers, but they have tensile strengths exceeding 5,000,000 lbs.

My question about braid though is visibility - I get fire line for free from the fiber manufacturer and love it for all the obvious reason. Should I be concerned with tying a mono leader onto the olive green fire line? Will bass care? Will anything really notice it? I've never been under water to look at it from a fish's perspective.

No need for a leader bass fishing in south louisiana. Water is not clear enough to spook the fish. No need for a leader fishing redfish either. For trout sometimes I use a leader,not all the time though.

PaulMyers
03-16-2013, 08:51 PM

I've fished with straight mono, straight braid and braid with leader and don't think the fish have noticed the difference. But then again, I don't think fish can see my baits either, I never catch any fish. :o

I sure have fun trying though!

Gasper Master
03-16-2013, 10:12 PM
We were out in Tiger Shoals one day, fishing live cocahoes. Two of us where spanking the trout and one guys wasn't catching crap. I saw he had braid all the way to the hook and told him that was his problem. He picked up a rod with mono and two sparkle beetles and started catching two at a time. We followed suit, LOL.

Capt.B
03-16-2013, 10:17 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalktie in a 4 wrap surgeon knot....never had a fail in the knot....don't over think esp with 4' of flouro

"W"
03-16-2013, 10:46 PM
I like braid for topwater and hard baits, I still use mono for my plastics... I feel I can work a plastic better with mono

Montauk17
03-16-2013, 10:49 PM
We were out in Tiger Shoals one day, fishing live cocahoes. Two of us where spanking the trout and one guys wasn't catching crap. I saw he had braid all the way to the hook and told him that was his problem. He picked up a rod with mono and two sparkle beetles and started catching two at a time. We followed suit, LOL.

Yeah in clear water those trout can get line shy.....if it is muddy or stained no problem. Fishing trout is the only time I use a leader.