PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ready

Gerald
10-20-2009, 09:45 AM
My day did not start out well…..but turned out to be a good day.

I was planning to go scouting early, but slept in a little late. Then after I got ready and loaded up…..my truck would not start. With never a hint of trouble, the almost 5 year old battery did not have the juice to crank so it got replaced.

I finally got up to Clear Creek WMA a little after noon. The sun was shinning and there was still a little chill to the air with a light breeze…….much better than the almost 90 F and humid conditions about 2 weeks ago when I went.

I wanted to check out a better way to get to a spot I had looked at last trip. I approached from a different direction and the .56 mile walk was not too bad. I had bought a new Garmin GPS so I am still getting use to using this one. This time it took me to a spot 22 feet to the north of the tree that I had marked. Other times the GPS has been with in 3 to 5 feet of accuracy.

While making this walk, I had found a fresh scrap, so I went back in that area and also found a couple of small rubs. Looks like the either sex hunt should hit in the middle of the rut this year.

I checked out several more areas and found some promising spots. I saw several other people doing some scouting and there were 6 trailer and several tents in the campground.

SULPHITE
10-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Cool scouting pics...keep'em coming...

longsidelandry
10-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Nice, looks like you have a promising spot

Jordan
10-20-2009, 10:10 AM
thats a heck of a rub

LaAngler
10-20-2009, 10:16 AM
nice!!!!!

longsidelandry
10-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Seeing pictures like that really gets me ready for hunting season!