PDA

View Full Version : best corky?

flounder_smacker
05-20-2009, 12:32 PM
whats the best corky model/color combination you guys use?

Jordan
05-20-2009, 12:36 PM
havent used any, would like to buy some, dont know where to get any....??? I just use LSU sand EELS and swimming chubs

"W"
05-20-2009, 12:40 PM
whats the best corky model/color combination you guys use?

A FREE ONE!!!!!:rotfl:

LaAngler
05-20-2009, 01:05 PM
pearl/chartreuse & dayglow

fat boy floaters and sinkers, devil sinkers

this one is a fat boy texas chicken floater

wtretrievers
05-20-2009, 01:32 PM
The pink hologram will hammer the gafftop! & the silver w/ chart tail is good during the hardhead mating season, cause I know good in well this lil guy wasnt trying to eat it!!! J/K!
I have several different colors but mainly throw the pink or the silver w/ chart tail. Have done real with both. Just the 2 I like. The pink probably is my favorite.

Gilbert
05-20-2009, 01:33 PM
hahaha....those pics are classic.

pink fatboy is the best one.

SULPHITE
05-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Wish you could get the jointed bloodhounds...

flounder_smacker
05-20-2009, 03:08 PM
where do you get them?? tried finding them online. i in the lafayette area.

SULPHITE
05-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Corkies or bloodhounds??

wtretrievers
05-20-2009, 03:14 PM
where do you get them?? tried finding them online. i in the lafayette area.
http://www.corkybandl.com/
Call them. He sells from his house. He does not ship. There is one guy that buys from him & sales & ships them.

"W"
05-20-2009, 03:33 PM
I prefer the Rubberbacks better than Corky!

LaAngler
05-20-2009, 03:51 PM
johnnys sport shop in eagle lake will ship them but they are $8.75 a pop

Mr. Brown might be shipping them now if you call and tell him your frome out of state.

SULPHITE
05-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Gulf Coast Tackle in LC used to carry them...the guy that owns GCT is developing his own type of corky...

"W"
05-20-2009, 04:00 PM
YOU want a good trout bait?? look in that trouts mouth!! They can't handle it!! Norton Sand eel:amen:

SULPHITE
05-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Mardi gras or LSU Norton are my fav.:smokin:

flounder_smacker
05-20-2009, 04:21 PM
i do fish with the lsu never tried the nortons. i might have to pick some up. im a bait freak. i buy just about anything that looks good. i havent even used most of the stuff i bought it just sits in the box. i guess its my fishing hobbie hobbie. i dont have any corkys and saw on st that they work so i will give them a try and if no luck then they will be in the box. i like the sand els but most my fish are caught with h&h cocahoes. is what my pops taught me on and everytime i go out i catch fish on them. maybe them vbay specks are looking for something different i dont know. i started using the gambler flappin shad mojo color last year and they seem to like that one real good. but lately only thing working is black chartruse with the water like it is.

"W"
05-20-2009, 04:54 PM
i do fish with the lsu never tried the nortons. i might have to pick some up. im a bait freak. i buy just about anything that looks good. i havent even used most of the stuff i bought it just sits in the box. i guess its my fishing hobbie hobbie. i dont have any corkys and saw on st that they work so i will give them a try and if no luck then they will be in the box. i like the sand els but most my fish are caught with h&h cocahoes. is what my pops taught me on and everytime i go out i catch fish on them. maybe them vbay specks are looking for something different i dont know. i started using the gambler flappin shad mojo color last year and they seem to like that one real good. but lately only thing working is black chartruse with the water like it is.

If I have ever learned on thing about fishing it is too many baits will get you in too much trouble…..Stick to the basics don’t let the market guys fool you!!! I use only Norton sand eels jr and have a few other hard baits like catch 2000’s,spooks,bombers and catch 5’s… You don’t need all that new fancy plastic that comes out every day!!! You can catch just as many trout on a simple Sparkle beetle for 3cents as $1.15 Gulp!!!

LaAngler
05-20-2009, 05:02 PM
the corky should work in vermillion bay when the fish are in less than 4-5 feet of water. i have heard of people wading outside of marsh island, that would be the best way to fish that lure. i'll bet the fish haven't seen many of them out there.

ROOSTER
05-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Corky's are all i throw just about,i like the sand-devils pearl/red spot on the bottom and the all pearl colored one.I was just there a couple of weeks ago.

"W"
05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Corky's are all i throw just about,i like the sand-devils pearl/red spot on the bottom and the all pearl colored one.I was just there a couple of weeks ago.

ROOSTER CAN I HAVE MY TV BACK:*****::rotfl::*****:

ROOSTER
05-20-2009, 05:13 PM
ROOSTER CAN I HAVE MY TV BACK:*****::rotfl::*****:Yup....for a hand full of beers.

dbarham
05-20-2009, 07:03 PM
i like the pink coky devil the red gill. its the one!