PDA

View Full Version : Rockefeller 5/20

killa k
05-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Got off work early yesterday and took the wife and kiddos down to Rockefeller to go crabbing, water started moving around 5 yesterday afternoon. Caught 4 dozen or so good crabs, 10 lbs of 80-100 shrimp, and 6 reds. Best of all everyone had a good time and the wife didn't complain once, great trip!
BBQ Crabs tonite!:churn:

CAJUN THUNDER
05-21-2009, 08:25 AM
sounds like a great trip!!

LaAngler
05-21-2009, 09:22 AM
that's some good eats

killa k
05-21-2009, 09:42 AM
yeah, buddy!

Gerald
05-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Great report.

I would have though the shrimp count would have been better. The season is opening at the end of the month......hope they grow a bunch in the next week.

I remember reading about the growth rate of shrimp.....it is fairly fast, but don't remember exactly what it said.

CatDaddy
05-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Great report.

I would have though the shrimp count would have been better. The season is opening at the end of the month......hope they grow a bunch in the next week.

I remember reading about the growth rate of shrimp.....it is fairly fast, but don't remember exactly what it said.

KEYAWWW!!! i like dem blue tip crabs me... i eat dat yea.. they was full? I know the moon aint full and all, how full were they, and was the fat sweet?

killa k
05-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Great report.

I have no doubt by the time shrimp season is open there'll be some monsters in there. I had a hand full of 30 ct, but there were a lot really small ones. Put up 5 quarts of bait shrimp and had 4.5lbs of peeled, made po-boys for lunch...had to invite my momma over just to slap her!

BBQ crabs for dinner!

Marshrat
05-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Great report.

Gerald, the shrimp will grow about 1 count size a week once the water temp gets over 75 degrees. Could be wrong on the temp but it is pretty close.

Warren

killa k
05-24-2009, 12:20 AM
KEYAWWW!!! i like dem blue tip crabs me... i eat dat yea.. they was full? I know the moon aint full and all, how full were they, and was the fat sweet?

Ma, yea dey was full...now I be full too.:spineyes: