PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Halloween Fatties

mikedatiger
10-31-2009, 01:10 PM
I've posted this recipe before, but wanted to post some pics to go along with it. This recipe is for Smoked Fatties:

Ingredients:
Jimmie Dean Maple Flavored Breakfast Sausage
Poblano Pepper
Cream Cheese
BBQ Rub
Bacon
BBQ Sauce

Directions:
Smoke the Poblano pepper until charred and soft. Remove from heat, seed, and peel off the charred layer (kind of like a plastic film).
Flatten out the sausage roll on wax paper and season with your favorite BBQ rub.
Stuff the poblano with cream cheese and place in the center of the sausage. Roll up the sausage - will look like a fattie.
Optional, but wrap the fattie with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Then season with more rub.
Smoke on about 225 for 3 hours - baste every 30/40 minutes with your favorite mop. I spray it with Beer/Apple Juice to keep it moist.
Take it off, slather with sauce and enjoy.
About to throw em on the smoker and will post more pics. Have a 9lb brisket going and 5lbs of Don's Boudin for later as well...Getting ready for the big neighborhood Halloween Bash.

Jordan
10-31-2009, 01:48 PM
That looks good !!!!!

all star rod
10-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Man that looks good........We making a chicken (hen) n susage gumbo for tonight!!!!

Ray
10-31-2009, 05:21 PM
I just had chicken gumbo and tater salad. Now it's time to drank a few beers.
I can't get the fish stank off my hands.
I am going to pass my finger under everyone's nose tonight and ask them to guess where my fingers have been...

callmaker
11-02-2009, 04:43 PM
will have to try that soon

ROOSTER
11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Man i keep fallin for these!! smoke fatties? i got all worked up:smokin: