PDA

View Full Version : Twitter IPO

meaux fishing
10-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Anybody think it is worth a shot considering what facebook has done? I see that they have posted a net loss in the first half of the year though. I was thinking if the price is low it may be a good buy and hold on for a little while and see if they can achieve the growth they hope. What do ya'll think?

I make oil
10-04-2013, 08:36 AM
I think Twiter is a me too company. They do have a following but not nearly the same as FB. I'm not interested. Just me though. Internet stocks are very wishy washy to me. If they don't provide a product or service what do they really do? Examples, EBay and Amazon. They came on the sceen early and grew to what they are now. eBay was smart and got into finance with PayPal Amazon partnered with sellers and became a internet storefront for others.

MySpace came out before Facebook and started the social media craze but they tried to be to cute and were not user friendly which caused older users to avoid it. Kids got bored once the newness wore off. Facebook came along and made social media easy and accessible. Now nearly everyone has a FB account. The simplicity and ease of use along with the popularity of smart phones had driven them. Twitter is more like along the lines of myspace I see it as a pop flash in the pan. The whole hashtag thing?

Just my opinion.

meaux fishing
10-04-2013, 11:24 AM
I think Twiter is a me too company. They do have a following but not nearly the same as FB. I'm not interested. Just me though. Internet stocks are very wishy washy to me. If they don't provide a product or service what do they really do? Examples, EBay and Amazon. They came on the sceen early and grew to what they are now. eBay was smart and got into finance with PayPal Amazon partnered with sellers and became a internet storefront for others.

MySpace came out before Facebook and started the social media craze but they tried to be to cute and were not user friendly which caused older users to avoid it. Kids got bored once the newness wore off. Facebook came along and made social media easy and accessible. Now nearly everyone has a FB account. The simplicity and ease of use along with the popularity of smart phones had driven them. Twitter is more like along the lines of myspace I see it as a pop flash in the pan. The whole hashtag thing?

Just my opinion.

That was my thoughts about it too. I just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something here. They are saying it is too complicated for some people, but they are trying to make it more accessible. But with only 200million+ users compared to FB's 5 billion users it just can't generate the revenue FB can. I personally won't use it just cause I think it's stupid. I really don't care what you're doing right now. When I was at ULM they actually made us sign up for an account in a class I haven't touched it since.