PDA

View Full Version : Power Pole Worth It?

pascagoula
05-22-2009, 03:32 PM
I've fished in a boat one time that had a Power Pole in use. I was amazed. The guy used the PP as much as he did his trolling motor. How many of you have a Power Pole on your boat and is it worth it? I'm leaning toward yes. What do ya think?

bigdog
05-22-2009, 03:41 PM
It seen Pricy for what it does. I install a Wang:rotfl: On mine, and love it.

Here the link for there website.

http://wanganchor.com/

The Old Caster
05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"W"
05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
I've fished in a boat one time that had a Power Pole in use. I was amazed. The guy used the PP as much as he did his trolling motor. How many of you have a Power Pole on your boat and is it worth it? I'm leaning toward yes. What do ya think?

YES....Worth EVERY DIME!! I fished in a boat 2 weeks ago with on!! AWESOME

Big Flounder
05-22-2009, 03:55 PM
That is pretty sweet. How long have you had yours? What size boat is yours on? Will it hold in a strong current?

bigdog
05-22-2009, 04:13 PM
That is pretty sweet. How long have you had yours? What size boat is yours on? Will it hold in a strong current?

It installed on a 186 Avenger, I'd Had it about a year now. I'd like to fish Buras and the rock jetties, and the Pen in Lafitte with it. No problems so far and it holds well. I have used at Breton island to hold my boat in the surf.

Big Flounder
05-22-2009, 04:17 PM
It installed on a 186 Avenger, I'd Had it about a year now. I'd like to fish Buras and the rock jetties, and the Pen in Lafitte with it. No problems so far and it holds well. I have used at Breton island to hold my boat in the surf.
Is it hard to pull up?

bigdog
05-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Is it hard to pull up?

NO, Just like using a Cajun Anchor with out the rope attach.

Big Flounder
05-22-2009, 04:26 PM
NO, Just like using a Cajun Anchor with out the rope attach.
Thanks man. Might just have to get me a Wang

Cutty713
05-22-2009, 04:37 PM
The wangs are nice but no where nearly as handy as a Power Pole with a wireless remote switch. I've been using one since 2005. I will NEVER own a boat without one again! I use it just as much as my trolling motor as said above. I fished 2 days the spring without it b/c I broke my remote, I still had a switch on the console, but was lost without it hanging around my neck. Try one for a day or two and you will start saving your money to buy one. I have yet to have my boat break free while I was using it. It holds great.

bigdog
05-22-2009, 04:50 PM
I will Agree With you, there are nice to have (power pole) and very convent. But I like going by the old saying kept it simple stupid (KISS). Just my luck it break down and will get stuck in the marsh.

Big Flounder
05-22-2009, 10:02 PM
The wangs are nice but no where nearly as handy as a Power Pole with a wireless remote switch. I've been using one since 2005. I will NEVER own a boat without one again! I use it just as much as my trolling motor as said above. I fished 2 days the spring without it b/c I broke my remote, I still had a switch on the console, but was lost without it hanging around my neck. Try one for a day or two and you will start saving your money to buy one. I have yet to have my boat break free while I was using it. It holds great.
I agree with you 100%. I fish with a guy very often that has one and I love it but I don't plan on owning the boat I have for 2 much longer only to get a bigger one. I will have one on the new boat. I plan on buying a used boat and hopefully I'll find one that already has one installed.

wtretrievers
05-23-2009, 12:50 AM
I've owend a few boats in my time. I currently own a 24' skeeter with a power pole. I will Never own another boat without one. Bass boat or bay boat! It's worth every penny!