PDA

View Full Version : Progress Reports- Tell us how you doing

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Well, water weight is a nice confidence booster when you first cut back on eating and you do any exercise. Yesterday I was 255 today 250! It is always like this in the beginning. I will drop quite a few pounds the first two weeks. I am not complaining it helps me stay focused. I encourage all those who are attempting this to get a scale if you don't have one and weigh yourself as often as possible. It can be discouraging some days but it will keep you focused.

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-12-2009, 09:59 AM
passed up the normal breakfast biscuit from mc donalds for a breakfast bar

SULPHITE
11-12-2009, 10:14 AM
did my 2 mile run and abs yesterday! Oatmeal and protien shake in the am!! GET IT!!!

fishinpox
11-12-2009, 11:00 AM
i ate like a pig at the hotel buffet this morning man im a sucker for bacon and pancakes!!!

SULPHITE
11-12-2009, 11:14 AM
stay on track pox!

longsidelandry
11-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I had a pack of grits for breakfast along with my black coffee. Hitting up some subway for lunch...I could eat that every day!

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Looking good guys! I think we got a good shot at this with all this support.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Pox! I need you to step it up bro! You don't have as much to lose but that doesn't mean you don't have as much to gain.

Fishmaster
11-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Every time i weigh my self i right it in a note book. So I see a long term avg.

Fishmaster
11-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Be careful!

You can rack up calories quick at subway!
Go to there website and they have a chart of everything they have and nutrition values.
Make you sandwich, before you go to subway. One healthy sandwhich I like to get is.....
-------------------------calories
-6" Hearty Italian Bread, 220
-LIGHT mayonnaise ------ 50
-PROVOLONE cheese ----- 50
-Green Peppers -------------0>
-Jalapeno Peppers ----------0>*PEPPERS SPEED UP YOUR METABOLISM*
-Tomato -------------------- 5
-TURKEY Breast --------- 280

Just trying to help y'all get a idea. That's just what I get, and it sure is GOOD!

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Be careful!

?

Fishmaster
11-12-2009, 12:42 PM
It took awhile to write that up,,

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Be careful!

You can rack up calories quick at subway!
Go to there website and they have a chart of everything they have and nutrition values.
Make you sandwich, before you go to subway. One healthy sandwhich I like to get is.....
-------------------------calories
-6" Hearty Italian Bread, 220
-LIGHT mayonnaise ------ 50
-PROVOLONE cheese ----- 50
-Green Peppers -------------0>
-Jalapeno Peppers ----------0>*PEPPERS SPEED UP YOUR METABOLISM*
-Tomato -------------------- 5
-TURKEY Breast --------- 280

Just trying to help y'all get a idea. That's just what I get, and it sure is GOOD!

Nice post Fishmaster! These are the kinds of things we can do to help each other out.

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Instead of usig that trolling motor. Paddle

Ray
11-12-2009, 03:21 PM
I eat a couple of biscuits for breakfast every morning, with a jelly called
Cajun Power. I like the Blackberry, but they also have Blueberry and
Strawberry. They have zero sugar and hardly any calories in it. Best part
is it taste just as good or better than jelly with sugar in it.
But, the downside to dieting, I had 3 of the biggest fried chicken wings
for lunch today, with a side of fried taters. Does Diet Coke cancel out
the fat in the wings?

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I eat a couple of biscuits for breakfast every morning, with a jelly called
Cajun Power. I like the Blackberry, but they also have Blueberry and
Strawberry. They have zero sugar and hardly any calories in it. Best part
is it taste just as good or better than jelly with sugar in it.
But, the downside to dieting, I had 3 of the biggest fried chicken wings
for lunch today, with a side of fried taters. Does Diet Coke cancel out
the fat in the wings?

I think you are on the right track with your jelly. The wings and taters not so much. If you are going to eat "bad" lunch time is the best time for it. That being said those babies are loaded with all the bad stuff you want to stay away from. Unfortunately, the diet coke only reduces the number of calories you consumed not eliminate the calories you consumed.

Ray
11-12-2009, 03:29 PM
I was fishing and stopped at Cormie's to wash the boat. Everything they had there was fried and I didn't want to drive home and make a samich. I was bad. I will be better.
Tomorrow, baked or grilled fish for lunch.

Ray
11-12-2009, 03:29 PM
I know about the Diet Coke thing. I was just being goofy. LOL

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 03:30 PM
I just want to say I am no expert. I have lost a lot of weight in my life so I do know how to do it. I am also married to a registered dietitian so I do have the inside scoop. I have been replying to peoples' post because it helps me stay on track.

jpeff31787
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Instead of usig that trolling motor. Paddle

:*****: i like it

longsidelandry
11-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Hit up some Subway for lunch, I got the buffalo chicken w/ light ranch dressing and loaded it down with veggies to fill me up. I been drinking water like crazy to help keep me full since I have zero "snacks" at my desk and so I don't go to the vending machine.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 03:32 PM
I know about the Diet Coke thing. I was just being goofy. LOL

Yeah I figured that but I forgot to put the lol after my statement. Sorry about that, it may have come across as condescending.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Hit up some Subway for lunch, I got the buffalo chicken w/ light ranch dressing and loaded it down with veggies to fill me up. I been drinking water like crazy to help keep me full since I have zero "snacks" at my desk and so I don't go to the vending machine.

I too have been drinking a lot of water. It does help for a while but eventually your stomach is like feed me now! I figure it helps me with exercise too all those trips to the bathroom.:*****:

SULPHITE
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
I was fishing and stopped at Cormie's to wash the boat. Everything they had there was fried and I didn't want to drive home and make a samich. I was bad. I will be better.
Tomorrow, baked or grilled fish for lunch.

Ray majority of the time the have a turkey sandwhich on wheat bread in the cooler with all the sandwhiches!!!!! Thats the ticket...got fresh tomatoes and lettuce on it as well!!!

Ray
11-12-2009, 03:36 PM
http://www.cajunpowersauce.com/product.cfm?p=08ACCA35-B205-099E-6B675A46E28B0430&stoken=62rZhglcaKFrIfMMhq5YLH4xEH%2BDar3%2FgIHITVE 9hf74QnUmC3Oozw%3D%3D

I get it at Market Basket on Nelson Rd. in Lake Charles. The only place I have found it so far.

Amount per serving:
Calories: 10
Calories from fat: 0g
Sugars: 2g
Sodium: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 3g
Protein: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg

Sweetened only with fruit!

Ray
11-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Ray majority of the time the have a turkey sandwhich on wheat bread in the cooler with all the sandwhiches!!!!! Thats the ticket...got fresh tomatoes and lettuce on it as well!!!

My problem, I don't like vegetables, like Lettuce and Maters.
I usually bring a couple sandwiches with me, no mayo, just mustard,
but I brought a couple of satsuma's instead. I ate them in the boat
but it wasn't enough. Tomorrow, I will bring a dozen or so. I love
fruit. I bought a sack of satsuma's on the way home from work just
South of Belle Chase. My supply got wiped out for Hurricane Rita.
My dad had a bunch of trees in Cameron.

huntin fool
11-12-2009, 04:59 PM
75 sit ups on the ab lounge last night.

ran about a 1/2 mile today aswell.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
75 sit ups on the ab lounge last night.

ran about a 1/2 mile today aswell.

I have said it before I will say it again. You da man FOOL!

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Just got back from a 2 mile walk with the dog. Going to eat my oatmeal for supper and weigh it up tomorrow.

huntin fool
11-12-2009, 06:49 PM
I have said it before I will say it again. You da man FOOL!

just polished off 50 sit ups for tonight...I guess i'm welcome here..i'm more so for a goal of exercising...

Red Devil
11-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Not one diet coke today. That's a milestone for me, I drink em like water.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-12-2009, 10:29 PM
just polished off 50 sit ups for tonight...I guess i'm welcome here..i'm more so for a goal of exercising...

you know you are welcome here! if nothing else you will make all of us big dudes want to be smaller like you.

eman
11-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm not as heavy as some but bigger than some others.
Was 6'1" @265 - 270 lbs. still 6'1" But have dropped to 245lbs.
thought i was getting good excercise at work. i am an electrician so i am on my feet walking and climbing ladders 8 hrs + a day.
My doc asked me how long i have been doing costruction work ?
my answer was , At least 30 yrs.
He informed me that i really wasn't getting any excercise at all???
After doing anything for an extended time your body gets used to it so it's no longer exercise.
My weight loss has been from getting sober. (55 days)
Was consuming mass quantities of jim or jack every night.
Lost 20 - 25 lbs in less than 2 months.
Now if i could make myself eat healthy i could probably drop another 25.:headknocker:

fishinpox
11-12-2009, 11:14 PM
all right im not to motavated so its gonna be smal step with me and yall keep pushin me i need it im a lazy sob!!!. so im gonna give up soft drinks and only drink water, and if im gonna eat fast food it will be like subway or mcd's grilled snack wraps no fries or fried ****!!!

longsidelandry
11-13-2009, 12:11 AM
all right im not to motavated so its gonna be smal step with me and yall keep pushin me i need it im a lazy sob!!!. so im gonna give up soft drinks and only drink water, and if im gonna eat fast food it will be like subway or mcd's grilled snack wraps no fries or fried ****!!!

That's what I plan on doing. I'm on the road a few days a week so some days I have no choice but to eat at McD's or BK but from now on it's just grilled chicken wraps/sandwiches and a bottle of water.

Fishmaster
11-13-2009, 01:04 AM
go with the salad and chicken they have them at almost all the fast food places, go easy on the ranch and you CAN take off cheese if it's there. and bacon bites are a killer! Just eat the salad part.... ha, you can even get two if one dosent fill your needs stay away from all that bread!

-Over&Out!
FM

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-13-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm not as heavy as some but bigger than some others.
Was 6'1" @265 - 270 lbs. still 6'1" But have dropped to 245lbs.
thought i was getting good excercise at work. i am an electrician so i am on my feet walking and climbing ladders 8 hrs + a day.
My doc asked me how long i have been doing costruction work ?
my answer was , At least 30 yrs.
He informed me that i really wasn't getting any excercise at all???
After doing anything for an extended time your body gets used to it so it's no longer exercise.
My weight loss has been from getting sober. (55 days)
Was consuming mass quantities of jim or jack every night.
Lost 20 - 25 lbs in less than 2 months.
Now if i could make myself eat healthy i could probably drop another 25.:headknocker:

eman, congratulations on the sobriety thing! My dad has been an alcoholic for the last 20 years so I know what you are going through. As far as the exercise thing....it can be as little as 30 minutes a day. You can even do it in 10 minute intervals.

Ray
11-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Biscuits and Cajun Power jelly for breakfast.
2 satsumas for snack.
Looking at grilling some specks for lunch.
Not sure for supper. Wife wants sushi.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Biscuits and Cajun Power jelly for breakfast.
2 satsumas for snack.
Looking at grilling some specks for lunch.
Not sure for supper. Wife wants sushi.

I love sushi! I always feel like i am eating healthy when i eat that stuff. Well, I guess I am eating healthy.

Fishmaster
11-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Breafest- A bagle with cinnamon& sugar; with a big glass of 2% milk.

Snack- A satsuma, we have a huge tree.....

lunch- Spicy tuna fish sandwich, with jalapeno peepers, white onion, and some spices... I be leave that truly works that if you eat more peepers it stop "im hungry signal" going to your brain.
ALSO only on ONE pice of 100% wheat bread. With a big glass of water..... YummmYummm

CatDaddy
11-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Anyone know where I can get some Crystal Meth? Ill loose 50 lbs by next week......lmao

But really? when is weigh in?

Ray
11-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Spicy Sushi with crab, tuna, avacado, shrimp and topped off with fish eggs and some orange hot sauce.

Fantastic.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-13-2009, 09:51 PM
i too had sushi! It was delish.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Anyone know where I can get some Crystal Meth? Ill loose 50 lbs by next week......lmao

But really? when is weigh in?

I am not sure what to do about the weigh in. It would probably be best to do it on Friday afternoons. If we wait until monday everyone will have cheated over the weekend. I say that we start next Friday. Everyone can weigh in one the topic (pun intended). Lets see what everyone else thinks.

CatDaddy
11-13-2009, 09:57 PM
I am not sure what to do about the weigh in. It would probably be best to do it on Friday afternoons. If we wait until monday everyone will have cheated over the weekend. I say that we start next Friday. Everyone can weigh in one the topic (pun intended). Lets see what everyone else thinks.

Fine with me... Sounds good

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Have you been doing good cat? you must be losing some weight if you want to weigh in. lol

Red Devil
11-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Two days without diet coke. Doin pretty good.

huntin fool
11-14-2009, 09:43 AM
I tink...today trudging thru the marsh was exercise...so i did my work out for today!

Ray
11-14-2009, 10:35 AM
I gotta mow the grass and change the oil in my wife's car today.
That is my exercise.

And I am going to drink diet beer instead of regular beer.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Well, I weighed this morning again. I weigh everyday and despite not exercising anything but my left arm jigging for trout I am down 10 lbs! I am at 245! I am getting ready to go for my 2 mile walk. Feeling good about this I am really excited to keep seeing results.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Just got off the treadmill. Over two miles and 40 minutes of running and walking. I am working my way into a full jog but that takes a little while since it has been a long time since I worked out.

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-16-2009, 06:44 PM
ive lost a few, i can just tell by my gut

1 real meal a day sucks, but i like the results

i cant wait to get a good thanksgiving meal lol

can we get a thread on advice for thanksgiving

fishinpox
11-16-2009, 07:20 PM
i ate a oatmeal cookie for breakfast with juice, snack b4 lunch carrotts, lunch grilled chicken snack wraps (2) , no soda and lots of water today. when i weighed myself last night i was 199 now 24hrs later im 197 2 lbs!

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-16-2009, 07:22 PM
you my boy pox. you keep that up and you will keep all your socks!

fishinpox
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
you my boy pox. you keep that up and you will keep all your socks!

i think that is how i lost 2 lbs!!!

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
hahaaha

thats what i heard pox

all star rod
11-16-2009, 08:35 PM
POX, it would be more if you wore insulated socks!!!:*****:
Good job.....As they say, the hardest thing to do is to lose that last 10-20 pounds!

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-17-2009, 02:48 AM
well, im down to 202 as of tonight

that would be 8 pounds

cabwiz2
11-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Just a little thought to all of you rice and gravy guys. Instead of using rice steam cauliflower and smash it up the put the gravy on it. Sounds funny but it isn t all that bad and you still get to eat the meal. And remember to use lean cuts of meat or deer. Helped me out alot when I was on the diet thing. I have to have the rice and gravy at least once a week.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Just a little thought to all of you rice and gravy guys. Instead of using rice steam cauliflower and smash it up the put the gravy on it. Sounds funny but it isn t all that bad and you still get to eat the meal. And remember to use lean cuts of meat or deer. Helped me out alot when I was on the diet thing. I have to have the rice and gravy at least once a week.

That is a really good idea! I am going to have to try that next time I eat my staple meal.

longsidelandry
11-17-2009, 09:17 AM

:puke: I can't stand cauliflower. I'll hit up the brown rice instead though. I made my wife go to the store and get some "healthy" food.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Just got back from my two mile walk with the dog. Weighed myself yesterday and I was down to 243 so I am down 12 lbs!

CatDaddy
11-18-2009, 08:52 PM
im at 200 now... thats 25 lbs in 3 weeks..

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-18-2009, 09:03 PM

dang! catdaddy you are the man. that is some serious weight lose.

this should be an inspiration to the rest of us. i want to see some progress reports from all the people who said they were going to join me in this.

CatDaddy
11-18-2009, 09:26 PM
dang! catdaddy you are the man. that is some serious weight lose.

this should be an inspiration to the rest of us. i want to see some progress reports from all the people who said they were going to join me in this.

lol.... I always loose alot of weight during hunting season... I do alot of walking in the marsh... I may be old, but im still a hard core hunter...

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-18-2009, 09:29 PM
either way you are still the man.

CatDaddy
11-18-2009, 09:45 PM
imma take a picture of my belt.... hang on

ill show you what it looks like

CatDaddy
11-18-2009, 10:11 PM
here is my belt. you can see the marks on it where i have had to adjust over the last few weeks...

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-18-2009, 10:17 PM
gotta love the visual conformation. I am excited to start seeing some results too.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Alright, just wanted to let everyone know that the official weigh in is tomorrow. This may be the first weigh in for some but those who have posted weights before should weigh tomorrow morning and let everyone know how you are doing. (good or bad)

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Just got off the treadmill. Burnt 415 calories and went 2.3 miles. I am ready for the weigh in tomorrow. Anybody else weighing in?

fritz20
11-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Pox said he ate a fried truck tire today. I don't think he should way in. One of these days I will join you fine gentleman on your quest to downsize, but until then god-bless.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Jogged 2.3 miles this morning and burned 430 calories. Feeling good just waiting for the weight to start falling off.

CatDaddy
11-21-2009, 11:40 AM
I been running up and down stairs out here all week..

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
stairs are one of the best workouts you can get it is muscle building and cardio. the best full body is swimming from what i understand.

CatDaddy
11-21-2009, 11:45 AM
stairs are one of the best workouts you can get it is muscle building and cardio. the best full body is swimming from what i understand.

Yea... I always did hear that about swimming..

eman
11-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Dang , Cat musta found that crystal!:*****:

eman
11-26-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm going to cheat and weigh in this am. 240 lbs lost another 5.
Not going to weigh in for another week after lunch today

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Ok, I had a little holiday hiccup but I am ready to continue on the journey. I weighed myself this morning and it looks like a gained about 2 lbs. I am going to get back on the exercise today along with the eating better. I need to get back to where I was before the end of the week. That is my personal goal for this week. Anyone else who wants to share their holiday goods or bads feel free.

SULPHITE
11-30-2009, 11:05 AM
terrible...ate every cassarole I could put on my plate along with plenty of beer...wheeww slipped off a little!!

Jordan
11-30-2009, 11:39 AM
i skipped thanksgiving dinner, thats where i normally pack on the LBS... i went hunting with CAPT D and FOOL instead, only ate a ham sammich (0 mayo and heavy mustard, garlic powder and lotsa tony's) on Honey Wheat bread.....

Mediumheavyaction6'6
11-30-2009, 12:35 PM
i skipped thanksgiving dinner, thats where i normally pack on the LBS... i went hunting with CAPT D and FOOL instead, only ate a ham sammich (0 mayo and heavy mustard, garlic powder and lotsa tony's) on Honey Wheat bread.....

dang Jordan you are a better man than me.

adamsfence
12-14-2009, 08:44 PM
everybody quit or what?

Mediumheavyaction6'6
12-14-2009, 08:49 PM
i am going to admit that i have taken a small detour. the holidays have taken their tole on my commitment. i am planning on picking it back up after the first of the year. i can't speak for everyone else.

SULPHITE
12-14-2009, 08:50 PM
its been tough here too!!

huntin fool
12-14-2009, 08:56 PM
i met my goal!

I gained weight!

had to go buy new pants...

Mediumheavyaction6'6
12-14-2009, 08:58 PM
i met my goal!

I gained weight!

had to go buy new pants...

next comes the bra bring on the moobs

huntin fool
12-14-2009, 08:58 PM
next comes the bra bring on the moobs

:shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:

cowmantrav
12-16-2009, 03:32 PM
How can I join in to the challenge? Could stand to loose a few LBs

Mediumheavyaction6'6
12-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Just get yourself started and keep us updated on your progress. If you go to the quiters and losers forum you will find a lot of helpful information on weight loss.

Montauk17
12-16-2009, 08:08 PM
i am going to admit that i have taken a small detour. the holidays have taken their tole on my commitment. i am planning on picking it back up after the first of the year. i can't speak for everyone else.

Im with you on that one bro,we have some family coming in from honduras so we will have all kind of good food I cant pass up.

LittleRob
12-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey the holidays are almost over, hang in there.