PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee Bushes

Jcredeur
02-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Anyone on here have experience with clearing out Cherokee Bushes or Cherokee Rose? Usually we would use the dozer but I have some growing on a fence line to some land we have. I would prefer not to bulldoze the fence. Any advise on herbicides would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weedeater
02-28-2014, 10:26 AM
2-4-d would most likely kill it and you can mix roundup (or knock off brand) in same jug to kill brush and grass out of fence line....

Jcredeur
02-28-2014, 11:48 AM
That's what I was thinking. I used the same mix on my fence lines in the past but never had to deal with these suckers.

weedeater
02-28-2014, 12:06 PM
That's about the most non selective mixture you can get, I would pic a non windy day and spray the leaves of the bush

Jcredeur
02-28-2014, 01:20 PM
That sounds good... Thank you

Lil Silver
02-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Grazon P+D

Gerald
03-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Suggestion

If you try spraying, only do a small section to see if it works. You would not want to get a bunch of over spray and kill everything within 10 feet.

Lil Silver
03-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Grazon will work good to kill the cherokee bushes (woody stem). It won't kill your pasture grass either. It's made to spray on pastures even while your cattle are present, that's why they call it Graz-On. Good on anything woody stem, blacberry, cockleburr, indigo, deadly on tallow trees. You can mix it a little on the "hot" side at 6 oz. / gallon. You can get it at feed stores in the 2 1/2 gallon jug at around $70. They have generic now. I think the last one I bought was called Trooper+D. I use this in my hay fields (Alicia) and yard. Works good on stinging grass too. Don't get it around oak or nice little trees in your yard. It won't kill a pine tree. Doesn't have a run off problem and doesn't sterilize the ground to have a "dead zone" in the dirt.

Jcredeur
03-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Cool deal, thank you. Are these restricted herbicides in Louisiana? I don't have my applicators license yet but it won't be long....

Lil Silver
03-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Yeah, this one requires a license to purchase. You got a buddy licensed? Check around at some feed stores.

Jcredeur
03-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Yes I can get someone to get it.. I just need to break down an take the test.... Thank you.

Lil Silver
03-05-2014, 12:05 PM
UR welcome. These cool temps we are having right now will be slower results, but you will get what you want. There should be something on cherokee bush in the application rates.