PDA

View Full Version : fig tree

BIG1LOST
03-05-2014, 07:33 PM
my wife wanted a fig tree.I planted a fig tree.A white fig.I never heard of a white fig.It is now 3years old.Been makin' figs for 2years.They never get biggern' a quarter in diameter.One day they're hard as a rock.2 days later they're mushy and fallin' off the tree.Then the tree gets leaf rust.About 3 to 5 weeks later they start fallin' off.I trim it to tree UP,not bush OUT.WHAT THE HELL !!!:confused:

lil bubba
03-05-2014, 08:12 PM
never heard of a white fig....i have celest fig and they bout the size of a quarter. i cut mine back every year to about 5 feet high x 6 feet wide. you make it a tree and you wont be able to pick the figs. you may want to try and spray the tree-bush to get rid of the disease or whatever it has . send an e/mail to LSU ag center and they'll be glad to help you determine what the problem is.

BIG1LOST
03-05-2014, 11:18 PM
I thought it might be the celest.I don't care about the figs anymore as I am gonna plant a brown or two,and grow this one for shade.It's at the corner of the house that gets a good breeze and a chair in the shade with a good cigar and a double of something at least 12 years old,after a big lunch, goes with any summer day.