PDA

View Full Version : duck decoys

speck-chaser
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
what do yall find are the best decoys for the money right now? Needing to add a few to the spread,had some stolen from the lease last season. Been reading the reviews from bass pro and cabelas. Alot of paint chipping going on and moveable heads that wont stay on,and leaky plugs and keels.

SULPHITE
11-17-2009, 11:07 PM
i am no expert but everyone always says green head gear!!

Fishmaster
11-17-2009, 11:09 PM
G.H.G!!! Good price, Good look, and they hold up very Good!

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-17-2009, 11:25 PM
just go to someone else's lease and ***** their decoys hahaha

but i have heard good things about GHG

speck-chaser
11-17-2009, 11:26 PM
just go to someone else's lease and ***** their decoys hahaha

but i have heard good things about GHG

was it you sneaking around our lease last year you lil ninga? lol

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-17-2009, 11:27 PM
depends, how many greenhead and pintail decoys are you missing

speck-chaser
11-17-2009, 11:28 PM
didnt have no pintails.

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-17-2009, 11:28 PM
not anymore at least

Shawn Braquet
11-18-2009, 11:48 AM
I use flambeaus and have worked fine for me have six dozen going on 3 years and still holding up good

Deadly D
11-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Avery makes some real good deeks but they are $$$$

Wackin n stakin
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Green head gear!!!!

yellalilyslicker
01-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Green head gear!!!!
Same here,GHG

BellPepperHead
01-04-2010, 09:07 AM
GHG Pro Gear awesome dekes

H2OFwlKlr
01-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Same here,GHG

Yella, yours aren't peeling. All the paint on ours is peeling off, and they are just 3 years old. Beautiful when we bought them, but they look rough now! The pintail seem to be the worst!

adamsfence
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
2 liter bottles painted black work for us

Raymond
01-04-2010, 12:18 PM
G&H are the best on the market, a little pricey but they hold up well year after year. We still have the ghg and crapbeau's for our big holes (300 +) but for grass hunting it is G&H only. Also, G&H are the ONLY decoys still made in America (Oklahoma)!:D

Shawn Braquet
01-04-2010, 12:54 PM
i've had good luck with my uv vision flambeaus but didnt have good luck with the older ones, i clean my dekes after every season but do no maintenance in between

Jordan
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
clean them ?? like touch them up ? re-paint them ? or just rinse the dirt and mud off ??

Shawn Braquet
01-04-2010, 12:59 PM
brush and soap and water but a soft brush, i will be touching up some of my pintail dekes before next year though as maybe a half dozen have a little chipping but not bad for the third year, and I pick my dekes up every day so a lot of beating on them

QUACKHEAD
01-04-2010, 01:18 PM
How many you throw out Shawn. I use about 65 and being on a river oxbow, we use rail road spikes for wieghts. I leave mine out all season but will change them up about every 2 weeks. c shape then O with large opening. then rows north south pattern. Too much involved to pick up every hunt, although this year wouldn't have been so bad. This year sucks for us due to the boat launches being closed because of water levels. Good luck to all you that can hunt, cutem when you can.

speck-chaser
01-04-2010, 08:56 PM
when I bought my new G&H I put about 3 or 4 coats of flat laquer on them. Hopefully that will keep the paint from flaking. I also bought some of the featherlight inflateable decoys with the molded moveable heads from cherokee outdoors. These things are awesome. They look about as real as you can get and all it takes is a fart to make them move. They have weighted bottoms,and have no keel wich keeps them from always facing into the wind,which ducks usually always do before they are ready to get up and fly away. And did I mention they are as light as heck?

Raymond
01-04-2010, 09:01 PM
when I bought my new G&H I put about 3 or 4 coats of flat laquer on them. Hopefully that will keep the paint from flaking. I also bought some of the featherlight inflateable decoys with the molded moveable heads from cherokee outdoors. These things are awesome. They look about as real as you can get and all it takes is a fart to make them move. They have weighted bottoms,and have no keel wich keeps them from always facing into the wind,which ducks usually always do before they are ready to get up and fly away. And did I mention they are as light as heck?

Paint will not Flake on a G&H decoy, you pay a premium for them to be the best.

Not made in China Regards

speck-chaser
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
my mistake, I meant green head gear. After buying those featherlights though, I will probably wont buy anything else,unless they completely self-destruct. Their color will not chip either cause its a picture that is actuall molded into the vinyl.

Shawn Braquet
01-05-2010, 09:58 PM
How many you throw out Shawn. I use about 65 and being on a river oxbow, we use rail road spikes for wieghts. I leave mine out all season but will change them up about every 2 weeks. c shape then O with large opening. then rows north south pattern. Too much involved to pick up every hunt, although this year wouldn't have been so bad. This year sucks for us due to the boat launches being closed because of water levels. Good luck to all you that can hunt, cutem when you can.

I throw out 6 dozen every day and pull them, but I can walk my marsh and use lead weights which i wrap around the keel not the head to prevent damage. I use a U and J shape a lot and it works well also used a W shape a few times early in the season to give some people better shooting from the grass. I just get to the grass in the morning here lately and depending on the wind I put out what and how I feel like.