PDA

View Full Version : June bugs

Cappy
07-29-2014, 01:21 PM
I aint ever seen this before, but a couple nights agol while walking our new dog, I noticed that one of the little(2 1/2") tall pecan trees I planted this spring was crawling with june bugs. I didn't think much about it but the next day I noticed some of the leaves were eaten. That evening after dark when I walked by I could see the june bugs actively nibbling leaves off of the young tree. This morning the leaves were half gone from the tree and I got scared. Dusted it good with Seven and have my fingers crossed. I was wondering if you guys ever saw this or know if the seven will work. I plan to check after dark and see what I see, but was wondering what yall thought??

duckman1911
07-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Man I hate to hear that. Didn't realize june bugs would attack a tree like that. I hope it makes it.

Cappy
08-02-2014, 09:40 AM
This morning I noticed a bout a hand full of dead june bugs under each tree so it seems the 7 dust musta worked. One tree is pretty ate up guess it will make it time will tell.

Cappy
08-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Well the June bugs seem to have given up the seven dust worked, and the trees are looking healthier though still chewed up after yesterdays nice rain. So for what ever reason Seven dust, late in the season, nice rain or the heart felt prayers I said over them they seem to be doing better. I think the answer all of the above.