PDA

View Full Version : Public Duck Hunting Up North

specktator
12-04-2014, 12:48 PM
A few buddies and myself are trying to possibly make a run up north to Missouri, Kansas, or Oklahoma and try out some public land duck hunting. I've been doing some research online. Anyone been in the last few years looking to share a little info on some areas to look into?

noodle creek
12-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Missouri River in Niobrara, Nebraska. Platte River in Nebraska. Cheyenne Bottoms in Kansas. Anywhere in Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska that has water usually holds birds. Tons of geese in ag fields, with plenty of ducks too. Find a few good looking public areas on google earth and just take off. You'll find the birds.

I make oil
12-05-2014, 01:58 AM
Just got back from Colorado last week. Pagosa Springs area. TONS and TONS of geese. I'd think you'd have no problems finding birds.

Marque
12-05-2014, 05:47 AM
We used to absolutely slaughter the birds on public land in Wyoming. They are so fat and stupid they come in like you were throwing them bread at the park. I know when I worked in Western Oklahoma the geese were such a nuisance the local land owners were advertising free hunting on flyers at the local sporting goods store. That was in Elk City.

swamp snorkler
12-05-2014, 07:13 AM
A few buddies and myself are trying to possibly make a run up north to Missouri, Kansas, or Oklahoma and try out some public land duck hunting. I've been doing some research online. Anyone been in the last few years looking to share a little info on some areas to look into?

I'd love to shoot a duck or a goose over a dry field.

MarshRat89
12-05-2014, 09:10 AM

PM CampCanard he can help you out with Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm

DaPointIsDaBomb
12-05-2014, 09:14 AM
all them places too far north of Lacassine Flyway to be any good

Crawl79
12-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Pretty sure the local grain elevators in Kansas and Nebraska post names and numbers of farmers that allot hunting to keep birds out.

For turkey season seems like every farm pond has plenty of ducks and geese on them and hardly any locals I have ever talked to have ever even killed a duck much less hunted them.