PDA

View Full Version : Got a pair.....

lil bubba
06-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Ain't much but it's all I got......Been a bad year for me....

Matt G
06-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Nothing wrong with that. I only planted a couple tomatoes in pots this year and they have been splitting on the vine while they were still green. Too much damn rain. I'M glad I didn't go all out like I had planned. Maybe next year.

Cappy
06-20-2015, 08:30 AM
Wanna talk about a weird year?? By far the most productive thing in our yard we did NOT plant was our volunteer squash. That thing is filling the kitchen with butternut squash and they are very good. The things went nuts and I guarantee ya I could pick 6 big squash with out moving. The other stuff I did plant............... not so much.

lil bubba
06-21-2015, 03:49 PM
I planted yellow squash and got 4 so far....spaghetti squash ain't got even a decent plant...Only tomato in a container ever had luck with is cherry tomato's ....This one is 7 feet tall and 5 feet across on my skinning rack....My bison tomato's are still producing but they are not a big tomato and will have a minor split but very little seeds and don't seem to mind dry conditions....I have one in a 3 gallon bucket done just as good as one in a 15 gallon container and just as good as the one in the garden out back....They are the best tasting tomato I have ever had....My tender green and straight eight cukes are still giving me enough to eat daily with all this heat.....Tender green don't make a big cuke but are tender and sweet and will definitely have a place next year.....