PDA

View Full Version : Split opener

huntin fool
12-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Ducks have finally moved down...prayers have been answered!!
Seen ducks, some just didn't want to decoy.

Anyways, hunted with Shawn Braquet today in Johnson Bayou. Walked out with 4 birds (1 widgeon drake,2 teal, and oh so famous spoony) Lost a pinny and teal :cry:

Killed my first widgeon, Pretty bird! Going on the wall.

I only have a pic of the widgeon...

Thanks for the great hunt shawn! Glad we seen some ducks

huntin fool
12-19-2009, 02:29 PM
not the best pic..but

Next 2 weeks im off from school...All i can say is the ducks better be skeered

cajunsorc
12-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Pretty widgeon, man....I have noticed that all of the birds are in their late season plumage already! Had a beautiful pintail drake this morning. We had a good but not great day 15 ducks (pintail, mallard, mottleduck, teal) and 2 specks that came and squated at about 15 yds! Gotta love it. Hoping the birds will be more distributed tomorrow. Got a good pic of my lab bringing in the specks..try to post later.

Shawn Braquet
12-19-2009, 02:43 PM
wish my lab would have impressed me today but he lost a teal due to it diving down and not coming up and the pintail also was lost that way, crazy how they are smarter than the dog.Had fun fool maybe thursday if your not busy we'll do it again.

jlincecum
12-19-2009, 03:14 PM
nice job.......we only killed 8 specks this morning. by far our best hunt of the year.

Slidellkid
12-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Well, last Monday we had about 10,000 mallards and pintails on our place. Yesterday we didn't have as many but still plenty of big ducks. This morning the teal bombarded us, but no big ducks were to be seen. No idea where all the big ducks went but we had a good time filling four limits of teal.

Shawn Braquet
12-19-2009, 06:49 PM
at this point id just like to fill a limit with anything just to say i did it lol

Ray
12-19-2009, 07:25 PM
We fished the East bank of Big Lake and heard only 1 shot between 7 am and 8:30 am.

all star rod
12-20-2009, 10:36 AM
We fished the East bank of Big Lake and heard only 1 shot between 7 am and 8:30 am.

I wish I would of fired a shot today (SUN)....Nothing this morning. On SAT, we got 8 which I was suprised since the sun was out and no wind blowing in Kaplan.

huntin fool
12-20-2009, 12:11 PM
I wish I would of fired a shot today (SUN)....Nothing this morning. On SAT, we got 8 which I was suprised since the sun was out and no wind blowing in Kaplan.

yall aint seeing any birds??

Kinda sounds like the birds are stacked in one area of the state...

Raymond
12-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Just got back from Grand Chenier and had a great opening weekend.
Hunted the grass and had 21 sat;6 mallards, 3 mottles, 3 pintail,2 greys,
and 7 blue/grw teal.
Back in the same spot this morning 3 guns 18 birds; 10 mallards, 2 blue wing, 3 pintail, 3 mottles. Still holding substantial numbers of mallards,pintails, mottles and teal but you have to work for them.
Water seems to be coming up everyday so I really don't know how much longer we can expect them to hang around. Will post pics tomorrow when I recieve them from my partners.

Hopedale Hustler
12-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Just got back from Grand Chenier and had a great opening weekend.
Hunted the grass and had 21 sat;6 mallards, 3 mottles, 3 pintail,2 greys,
and 7 blue/grw teal.
Back in the same spot this morning 3 guns 18 birds; 10 mallards, 2 blue wing, 3 pintail, 3 mottles. Still holding substantial numbers of mallards,pintails, mottles and teal but you have to work for them.
Water seems to be coming up everyday so I really don't know how much longer we can expect them to hang around. Will post pics tomorrow when I recieve them from my partners.

post pics R Little....that sounds like a beautiful looking bunch of ducks...good to hear somebodys wearing the mallards out....we shot 1 this weekend.....had to limit out on teal today due to the lack of big ducks but yesterday we shot a mallard 3 pins and 4 teal....kinda slow..this is by far the worst duck season i can remember....when i was a lil boy i remember my paw paw taking me to manchac swamp and telling me to stand by this tree...and i'd stand there in my hip boots with my 410 and watch them shoot mallard after mallard...if i knew how to scan a pic i would put a pic of him and his two brothers back in the day with a pile of mallards infront of them...i talked to a biologist this morning and he said he's afraid this is the beginning of a end to this sport we all know...i sure hope thats not the case...

all star rod
12-20-2009, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=huntin fool;93265]yall aint seeing any birds??

We saw quite a few yesterday. I was very happy to shoot what we did yesterday since it was a blue bird day. Normally we shoot nothing like we did today. TUES and WED should be good for us in the rice field.

May hit the Lake tomorrow!

Shawn Braquet
12-21-2009, 10:13 AM
hey fool you didnt tell them what you killed while I was looking for that pintail, you know your goose

B-Stealth
12-21-2009, 11:28 AM
hey fool you didnt tell them what you killed while I was looking for that pintail, you know your goose

Was it an Obama Goose??

huntin fool
12-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Was it an Obama Goose??

:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:

good times....:spineyes:

huntin fool
12-21-2009, 11:38 AM

They was cupped up and commited...Jonathon told me to cut em!! :*****::*****:

Raymond
12-21-2009, 12:37 PM
http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8101&stc=1&d=1261416994

Shawn Braquet
12-21-2009, 02:13 PM
man that pick makes me jealous, id like to be able to shoot at that many oh well maybe thursday we'll be swattin em like mosquitos

huntin fool
12-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Shawn...I just brought that duck, they close at 5...They won't be open on Thrusday...

Steve's new shop is awesome.

Rollin out...normally don't hunt the afternoon, but If i aint killin in the mornins, I'll kill in the evenings!

Raymond
12-21-2009, 02:54 PM
12/20/2009
http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8103&stc=1&d=1261425221

longsidelandry
12-21-2009, 03:20 PM
man that pick makes me jealous, id like to be able to shoot at that many oh well maybe thursday we'll be swattin em like mosquitos
I'd like to be able to shoot at ONE!!!! I made 2 duck hunts this year and am itching to make alot more once the new year starts and I'm able to take some more vacation. My honeymoon screwed me up this year, usually I hunt alot more than what I've been able to so far.

Raymond
12-21-2009, 03:40 PM

No need for the jealously Shawn, I will have spots open after Christmas and if you are willing to drive it is a go. Worst part of the hunt is making the drive to Grand Chenier by myself.:shaking: