PDA

View Full Version : Second Split Report

BellPepperHead
12-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Ok guys here goes. Ended the weekend with a four man limit on Saturday and Sunday. They have tons and tons of teal in my area which is what we killed. Saturday morning we should not have shot our teal so early and waited cause Saturday proved to be the day for the mallards. Everyone who passed on the teal absolutely smoked the mallards after 9 o'clock in some of the other holes we hunt near by and all ended up killing double digit mallards...oh well lesson learned. Sunday was much of the same with tons of teal early, but we stopped at 12 in hopes of catching the mallards later, well we only caught one bunch at about 9:30 so at 10 the descion was made to finish off the limit with teal which we did. The amount of mallards and pintail we saw Saturday afternoon was tremendous so hopefully they all stick around for the remainder of the season and everyone can get a piece of the action. Will be back at Wed. morning until January 3rd so hopefully I will have a good report to come back with then. Until then good luck to everyone.

Ray
12-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Them's all good eatin' ducks.
I love teal the bestest.

longsidelandry
12-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Sweet, nice report and even nicer limits! Where do you hunt at?

Shawn Braquet
12-21-2009, 10:36 AM
nice

BellPepperHead
12-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Sweet, nice report and even nicer limits! Where do you hunt at?

We hunt in Avoyelles parish.