PDA

View Full Version : Wild mushrooms

swamp snorkler
12-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Anybod eat wild mushrooms, and how do you cook them. My favorite way is a wild mushroom stew with a side of fresh italian sausage.

I'm off till January 4th so hopefully we have a foggy wet morning and I can hit the woods and pick some up.

Bluechip
12-22-2009, 10:55 PM
The ones we used to pick were made into "tea" :spineyes: :spineyes:

"W"
12-22-2009, 10:55 PM
I heard you boil em and drink the juice

swamp snorkler
12-22-2009, 10:59 PM
The ones we used to pick were made into "tea" :spineyes: :spineyes:
You get those from Cow Pastures not the woods, and that is some nasty stuff:confused:

Bluechip
12-22-2009, 11:01 PM
You get those from Cow Pastures not the woods, and that is some nasty stuff:confused:

You right about that....but your recipe does sound very good..I love fresh Italian sausage...

LaAngler
12-22-2009, 11:57 PM
once i drank a half of a small coffee cup full and nothing happened. About 30 minutes later.........:eek:

huntin fool
12-23-2009, 10:54 AM
hmm....Boil em and drink it....Hafta try that oneday...:*****:

LaAngler
12-23-2009, 11:14 AM

don't or you'll end up like me.....:redface:

"W"
12-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Poor little tink tink drank that stuff and he lost his legs , they were racing legs

huntin fool
12-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Poor little tink tink drank that stuff and he lost his legs , they were racing legs

Now he got 2 lil bent paper clips for legs! poor lil tink tink

And the last place you wanna be in a foot race, is behind the dude with no foots!

longsidelandry
12-23-2009, 11:39 AM
:*****:Now he got 2 lil bent paper clips for legs! poor lil tink tink

And the last place you wanna be in a foot race, is behind the dude with no foots!
They disqualified him because he had an unfair advantage......You talkin about the ***** with no legs??!!! :*****::*****:

huntin fool
12-23-2009, 11:44 AM
:*****:
They disqualified him because he had an unfair advantage......You talkin about the ***** with no legs??!!! :*****::*****:
you gotta be intouch with your syar player to pull some gangsta .... like that!

I know....poor lil tink tink...you seen the one with the tiger??

longsidelandry
12-23-2009, 11:57 AM
you gotta be intouch with your syar player to pull some gangsta .... like that!

I know....poor lil tink tink...you seen the one with the tiger??
I downloaded and watched the whole thing yesterday at work lol

Hopedale Hustler
12-23-2009, 12:00 PM
whoa now..gone for a day at the campe come back and yall are talkin bout dope....hahaha

2ndamendment
12-23-2009, 02:19 PM

Young man stay away from the shroons.:spineyes::spineyes:

Yer_Corks_Under
12-23-2009, 02:37 PM
My grandmother picked a bunch one time and fed them to the dogs first, didn't kill them so she fed them to step grandfather didn't kill him so then she ate them.

longsidelandry
12-23-2009, 02:49 PM
My grandmother picked a bunch one time and fed them to the dogs first, didn't kill them so she fed them to step grandfather didn't kill him so then she ate them.
:*****: That sounds like something my wife would do...

"W"
12-23-2009, 02:50 PM
:*****:

If your a hater and your in a race........The last person you want to be behind is the ........ With no legs.............you legs tired? My legs Tried,,, His legs aint tried.......just sparks everywhere......tink tink tink tink tink

swamp snorkler
12-23-2009, 02:57 PM
If your a hater and your in a race........The last person you want to be behind is the ........ With no legs.............you legs tired? My legs Tried,,, His legs aint tried.......just sparks everywhere......tink tink tink tink tink
WTH yall talking about

swamp snorkler
12-23-2009, 02:58 PM
If you pick them off a dead Willow tree or a Tupelo tree you will be fine.

fishinpox
12-23-2009, 04:06 PM
them things make ya :puke:, after that its on:birthday:then a little later:help: cuz your heads:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: eventually you:smokin: chill out . i havent ate them things in years . im bringin the tea to the sc tourney :p

LaAngler
12-23-2009, 04:32 PM
they say the hippies in austin will pay big money for them since they don't grow up there. wonder if it's legal to sell em

"W"
12-23-2009, 04:39 PM
they say the hippies in austin will pay big money for them since they don't grow up there. wonder if it's legal to sell em
:p:p:p:p:p:p:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:

fishinpox
12-23-2009, 04:44 PM

hell no it anit legal!!! cows must be grain fed to grow the trippy kind. you can grow em in your house. you can order the spore syringe online and do alittle amount of research and yeild large harvests of shrooms

swamp snorkler
12-23-2009, 05:49 PM
hell no it anit legal!!! cows must be grain fed to grow the trippy kind. you can grow em in your house. you can order the spore syringe online and do alittle amount of research and yeild large harvests of shrooms
Takes a hard core hippie to do this.

Red Devil
12-23-2009, 09:10 PM
And once you drink it, DO NOT LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress that enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluechip
12-23-2009, 09:11 PM
And once you drink it, DO NOT LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress that enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:*****::*****:Very true......

eman
12-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I paid good money for these flash backs and i plan on keeping them!

Gerald
12-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Here is one type of mushroom that is [suppose to be ??] very good eating.

It is called a Chanterelle and grows in south Louisiana swamps.

I was taking a picture of the Copperhead while out doing some scouting for Deer.

I guess I was not real steady, trying to get a close up picture.

swamp snorkler
12-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Here is one type of mushroom that is [suppose to be ??] very good eating.

It is called a Chanterelle and grows in south Louisiana swamps.

I was taking a picture of the Copperhead while out doing some scouting for Deer.

I guess I was not real steady, trying to get a close up picture.
I have a cousin married to a frenchman, when he came down to visit my uncle took him hunting in the swamp and he was eating those things. They make a dish called a wild mushroom ragou.

blackmamba
12-24-2009, 11:27 AM
It sounds like slot of you guys have some experience with the shrooms bit y'all are all wrong...gotta mix it with grape koolaid....I know a guy who put one whole cap between 2 pcs of white bread and ate the whole thing..talk about dry

meaux fishing
12-24-2009, 11:39 AM

I like looking in the mirror....:eek: but im weird like that:spineyes:

meaux fishing
12-24-2009, 11:43 AM

Thats not necessarily my families cows are grass fed... and the shrooms were plentiful....prolly still are just dont mess with that any more..... I know people that had the aquarium in the closet too

meaux fishing
12-24-2009, 11:46 AM
It sounds like slot of you guys have some experience with the shrooms bit y'all are all wrong...gotta mix it with grape koolaid....I know a guy who put one whole cap between 2 pcs of white bread and ate the whole thing..talk about dry

one time i had one that covered a wendys hamburger..... delicious

Bluechip
12-24-2009, 11:51 AM
one time i had one that covered a wendys hamburger..... delicious

:eek:....I bet it was..

Gerald
12-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Any one know if this typ is any good to eat.

eman
12-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Any one know if this typ is any good to eat.
No those are the type we call fairy rings . Don't know the real name but they are poisonus.