PDA

View Full Version : Garden loving these temps

wetaline
12-27-2015, 03:41 PM
My vegetable garden is still doing good! Picked some more tomatoes, bell peppers still growing, broccoli and cabbage looking great.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/27/9ef180e4f319a573b0b7873b4b52fcc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluechip
12-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Sweet.... Yes it is perfect garden weather for winter.

lil bubba
12-28-2015, 10:32 AM
Heat and humidity killed mine except what I got in containers...Celery , Shallots , and Brussull Sprouts...I had a bunch of blocks sit'n around , used them for a border...Filled in a couple 2 high to see how shallots might do...Think I'll fill in a couple and plant marigolds for the tomato's...Got a few lil tomato's sprouting for spring...

wetaline
12-28-2015, 12:54 PM
I have my garden mulched in with a lot of hay. When the temps drop, I push hay up the base of the plant to about 1/4-1/2 of the way up the plant. The same thing you do with citrus trees. Then I cover the plants well. Thought my eggplants were gone but they are producing again also. That plant is HUGE! Has lots of blossoms on it again and some small eggplants. Gave away so many this summer that it was unreal. Hope the mild weather continues a bit longer (except for the mosquitoes!).

red robin
12-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Heat and humidity killed mine except what I got in containers...Celery , Shallots , and Brussull Sprouts...I had a bunch of blocks sit'n around , used them for a border...Filled in a couple 2 high to see how shallots might do...Think I'll fill in a couple and plant marigolds for the tomato's...Got a few lil tomato's sprouting for spring...

I like those cinder block you use,I have to move my garden because of too much shade and was wondering what I could use besides wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk