PDA

View Full Version : okuma reels

fishmaster911
12-23-2009, 05:58 PM
do any of u guys have any info on okuma spinning reels ? im looking into getting a okuma trio. i want to find out as much as i can about these reels before i buy one. i cant decide the okuma trio or go buy me another shimano!

mikedatiger
12-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Here is a link to a great review. I have had my eyes on an Okuma Serrano but having trouble pulling the trigger. On paper, it looks superior to a Curado, but it's hard to beat Shimano.

Hope this helps

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast09okuma.html

fishmaster911
12-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Here is a link to a great review. I have had my eyes on an Okuma Serrano but having trouble pulling the trigger. On paper, it looks superior to a Curado, but it's hard to beat Shimano.

Hope this helps

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast09okuma.html

i must have read that 100 times ! like u said its hard to beat Shimano thats y im :confused:

mikedatiger
12-23-2009, 06:23 PM
We'll I decided I am going to pull the trigger on the Serrano. It's made for inshore fishing and has a 3 year warranty. From what I hear, they make good stuff, but all heresay. Just can't find anyone that fishes em...

eman
12-23-2009, 06:29 PM
We all fish the okuma inspiras and have been very satisfied w/ them.
I know a few guides that use the inspiras for their clients.

Ray
12-23-2009, 07:58 PM
We all fish the okuma inspiras and have been very satisfied w/ them.
I know a few guides that use the inspiras for their clients.

I fished with Bob Gouges from Between the Banks. He uses only Okuma Inspira reels and Okuma rods. He said a set up costs about $250.
Okuma gives him the rods every year in exchange for mentioning them on his show.

Fishmaster
12-23-2009, 08:11 PM
All i can say if you use them stay away from bull reds. I had one for two years and this past summer i sent it back to get fixed because it FELL APART, the sent me the parts list of everything the had to fix, it was just about all the guts in the real...... over $90 worth of parts all i can say is thank god for the warranty, they did say that has never happen before (my luck...) but ever sence i got it back it's been pulling them big boys in without a problem. My gears in the real where COMPLETELY worn down, along with worn out bearings and a few other parts but other than that it's a good reel

outcast
12-24-2009, 07:41 AM
I have an Okuma Inspira 30 on a Okuma C3 7' ML rod and love it. by far the best spinning combo ive ever owned. I also have the Okuma V200 baitcaster on a C3 7' Medium. Im about to give one of those serrano's a try, been looking at them at Bowie's in Baton Rouge.

Salty
12-24-2009, 12:36 PM
All i can say if you use them stay away from bull reds. I had one for two years and this past summer i sent it back to get fixed because it FELL APART, the sent me the parts list of everything the had to fix, it was just about all the guts in the real...... over $90 worth of parts all i can say is thank god for the warranty, they did say that has never happen before (my luck...) but ever sence i got it back it's been pulling them big boys in without a problem. My gears in the real where COMPLETELY worn down, along with worn out bearings and a few other parts but other than that it's a good reel

:eek: :confused:

Fishmaster
12-24-2009, 12:39 PM
:eek: :confused:

haha I guess I got a lemon because it's great now........... :smokin:

fishmaster911
01-09-2010, 06:06 PM
its here ! i just got my okuma trio in today, its sweet ! i cant wait to hook up with that big red to test out that new drag system out !