PDA

View Full Version : It's Fertilizer Time!

Cappy
02-15-2016, 07:07 PM
This month is when ya posed ta fertilize your citrus and fruit trees to help them out before the spring push. Here is how we do it and yo have seen some of our results.
http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/2016/02/giving-our-yarduhfertilizer.html

simplepeddler
02-19-2016, 04:21 PM

Here is mine Cap........got it today........40 pounds down in 20 minutes!

Cappy
02-20-2016, 10:37 AM
You will see a difference. I saw a neighbor pounding in Jobes plant sticks one time. I told him my way and being a money guy he checked the weight of the fertilizer in the sticks ad the cost then compared my way. A few days later he called me amazed that his cost way more. I don't remember the difference but he was paying several times more for much less fertilizer. When I first started doing this years ago I could put down 100 lbs in a couple hours drinking beer with one hand when I did it. Sadly now its an all day chore and when I am done I am sweating as ya can see if ya look close in the video. I aint the man I used to be but I still have the prettiest fruit trees in da hood.

Cappy
02-20-2016, 10:41 AM
Where did ya find your stick its nicer than ours we dont have a handle. Made from an ole axle ours is heavy too. Of course the price was right free and It's not mine it's sorta community property.

simplepeddler
02-20-2016, 06:42 PM
I had a buddy make it.......it's a 7 foot peice of bar stock.....32 bucks then had it cut and weld.

Cappy
02-21-2016, 12:58 PM
Wonderful man it will last you and your kids their life times. We have in the past skipped a year and be it coincidence or not noticed a big difference not so much in numbers but in size and quantity and growth rate,

Matt G
02-04-2017, 12:41 PM
It's about that time again. Researching how to fertilize the fig tree I planted last year brought me here. Thanks for the info Cappy! Any tips on pruning it, or did I miss the pruning period?

Cappy
02-04-2017, 08:18 PM
We always prune stuff around now but ya can prune year around long as ya dont take more than a third of the growth. Still early but I been thinking about it got a few yard projects to get done first

eman
02-13-2017, 06:15 PM
was out yesterday and looked at my satsuma thinking about pruning. Dang thing is already flowering.

Cappy
02-23-2017, 02:50 PM
Yea and the yard smells wonderful was gonna fertilize tomorrow but we got company coming Friday an d plenty else to do. Definally tome to get er done

Cappy
03-03-2017, 06:22 PM
late this year cause of weather company holidays and several other excuses but today I punched 123 holes in the yard and put a lb of 13-13-13 in each hole. Aint easy but well worth it in my opinion. any of our citrus trees or plum trees would easly pay for the fertilizer if we sold em but we dont we eat what we can and give the rest away