PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic Suggestion

Reggoh
03-28-2016, 07:24 AM
I have a 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab. It just turned 204,000 miles and I feel like the truck sits at least a few inches lower than when I bought it. It doesn't ride awful but I definitely notice a difference. I think I may need some suspension work done on it to freshen up the ride and avoid and potential trouble in the future.

Besides shocks, what are some things I should expect to change on the front end and also on the back end. I would like to get some estimates for the work but I want to know what to ask an estimate for. I don't want to get it somewhere and then come back with all kinds of things wrong and exceed my estimated expenditure.

TIA

Baychamp1
03-28-2016, 06:32 PM
I have a 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab. It just turned 204,000 miles and I feel like the truck sits at least a few inches lower than when I bought it. It doesn't ride awful but I definitely notice a difference. I think I may need some suspension work done on it to freshen up the ride and avoid and potential trouble in the future.

Besides shocks, what are some things I should expect to change on the front end and also on the back end. I would like to get some estimates for the work but I want to know what to ask an estimate for. I don't want to get it somewhere and then come back with all kinds of things wrong and exceed my estimated expenditure.

TIA

I use Ken Conner on Country Club in Lake Charles for suspension work, they should look at coil springs, leaf springs, shocks, check your front end out. You could always split up some of that work if its more than your comfortable with doing all at one time. Not saying you need to change all that, if you've never changed your shocks, you know their probably worn out, you may be satisfied just replacing them. I also like to be there early when they open, stay with the vehicle until they finish their assessment & show me what they found while it's up on the rack before I ok the work