PDA

View Full Version : Tillers

simplepeddler
05-02-2016, 01:37 PM
What are you guys using for walk behinds?

DannyI
05-03-2016, 11:33 PM
Troy Built

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Cappy
05-04-2016, 07:17 AM
As yall may know I have several small raised bed gardens so usually I just turn it over with a shovel but I do own one of those ultra lite Mantis tillers and it is great for what it is. small and plenty power for what I need and I sue it to edge too. My buddy Sam has a big trow built for his big garden but he uses the Mantis for between rows and such kinda like ya use a hoe. he keeps it at his place and when I need it I get it. We live 3 miles apart. For small gardening that thing is a real bobcat of a tiller.

saute86
05-04-2016, 10:01 AM
An old troy built late 80's model. DO NOT buy a new Troy Bilt they are junk. Find an old one before mid 1990 s. Parts are hard to find local but anything you need is on eBay. I just re-powered mine with a Harbor Freight special for $129 out the door with the 3 yr replacement warranty. It was cheaper than rebuilding my carburetor on the 27 year old tiller. My seals are still good and has never leaked a drop of oil. This is a pony it is belt driven and does all I need but an old Troy Bilt Horse is pto driven and is the Cadillac of tillers. What ever you buy get a rear tine tiller. After the first pass I can run mine one handed. A front tine will beat you to death.

simplepeddler
05-04-2016, 02:09 PM
I am doing raised bed now, thinking of going rows next year.

Saute, you till and then hill the rows by hand?