PDA

View Full Version : The Muscadines are ready

saute86
08-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Today I picked a gallon of muscadines. I could of got more but didn't have a tall enough ladder. Monday I will go back with a tarp and some rope to shake the vines. This is a volunteer vine coming out of the compose pile at my parents home. Next to it are banana trees that are volunteer also. I would love to get the dirt out of the compost pile but the yard man threw branches in it for years and its a tangled mess. When I got home I cooked them down to make the juice. I cooked the grapes down with a little bit of water then passed them through a food mill then strained them with a chinois. It was thick after it boiled with the sugar. Boy it tasted good off the frozen plate. It made 9 pints. I can't wait to eat those biscuits in the am.

iron man
08-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Man I love muscadines. We stopped hunting after finding a ton and started collecting for some muscadine white lightnin but wound up making them into a pie and eating all of them in about a week

saute86
08-07-2016, 02:31 PM
I love making wine too. I will soon go find some wild ones in a couple of week to make wine with.