PDA

View Full Version : Houston Boat Show JANUARY 8 - 17, 2010 - THE RELIANT CENTER

LaAngler
01-03-2010, 04:06 PM
anyone want to carpool from lafayette area?

should be some good deals on tackle there and some nice sleds

Reel Bender
01-03-2010, 04:26 PM
The little guy posted up he would be there 3-4 days. We asked that he let us know which days so, we would be sure to miss him.

The rest of ya'll let us know when you will be here, maybe we can get together and down a few iced teas!!!

Ray
01-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I am going, but it will be a Monday or Tuesday. I don't want to fight the weekend
crowds.
Leaving Lake Charles in the morning and coming home in the evening.

huntin fool
01-03-2010, 04:56 PM
The little guy posted up he would be there 3-4 days. We asked that he let us know which days so, we would be sure to miss him.

The rest of ya'll let us know when you will be here, maybe we can get together and down a few iced teas!!!

Yall don't drink Beer over there? Wussys. :p

Trying to convince my dad to go to the boat show..

"W"
01-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Im going for 3 or 4 days......just not sure what days.....Have to keep them Texans guessing

Raymond
01-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Heading over the morning of the 16th for an all dayer with the wife and #2 son. Spending the night so someone suggest somewhere good to eat.
I have 8 tickets for the 16th and only need 6 so if anyone would like them
please let me know.

Ray
01-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Saltgrass Steakhouse is pretty dang good. They are all over Houston.
It is a Landry's owned place.
Pappasitos, Pappa and Pappadeaux's are pretty good too. All owned by
the same people.
Taste of Texas is prolly the bestest steak house in Houston. But it is way out
on the West side of Houston on I-10.
There is an Italian joint called something like Zeo's or Zea's, but not sure about
spelling.
Houston if full of good eatin' places. You can stop at almost any strip mall and
find sumtin good to eat.

Reel Bender
01-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Im going for 3 or 4 days......just not sure what days.....Have to keep them Texans guessing

Thats alright, we'll know when your here.

The rush of Hot air will give it away!!!!!:eek:

:D

Raymond
01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks Ray but, I was thinking more inline with a "Man against Food" kind of place.;) Does anyone know if Guidos is still open? I used to eat there as a kid and they had great seafood.

Ray
01-04-2010, 08:47 AM
There is still a Guidos on the Seawall in Galveston.

mikedatiger
01-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Heading over the morning of the 16th for an all dayer with the wife and #2 son. Spending the night so someone suggest somewhere good to eat.
I have 8 tickets for the 16th and only need 6 so if anyone would like them
please let me know.

Go to Lupe Tortilla - trust me, these are the best fajitas you will ever eat! This is my go-to restaurant when people come in from out of town. Relatively inexpensive and the best homemade tortillas around.

Goode Company Seafood is great as is Goode Company BBQ. Recommend a stop at Goode Company BBQ at least for lunch. As Ray mentioned, Pappadeaux Seafood is good as well.

PM me if you need some more info or directions.

catch.and.fillet
01-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Near Reliant Center, I like Baytown Seafood near the Texans practice facility on S Main/Hwy 90. Their fried shrimp are huge and include sizes like Large and Jumbo. The jumbo butterfly shrimp are killer.

Pappadeaux's and Pappasito's on 610 near Reliant is dangerous. Don't leave anything in your car.

If you come a little north, Goode Company Seafood and BarBQ on Kirby near Westpark is good. Any restaurant in Rice Village is good. For good Tex Mex, throw a dart in that area.

Raymond
01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Go to Lupe Tortilla - trust me, these are the best fajitas you will ever eat! This is my go-to restaurant when people come in from out of town. Relatively inexpensive and the best homemade tortillas around.

Goode Company Seafood is great as is Goode Company BBQ. Recommend a stop at Goode Company BBQ at least for lunch. As Ray mentioned, Pappadeaux Seafood is good as well.

PM me if you need some more info or directions.

Will the wife's Grocery Getta be there when we come out???

mikedatiger
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Will the wife's Grocery Getta be there when we come out???

Man, this ain't da hood :work: You will be fine at both Lupe Tortilla and Goode Company Seafood/Goode Company BBQ. They are both located right off of 59...

Depending on what time you go these places will be packed!!!

Trust me on Lupe - get the fajitas.

longsidelandry
01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I may have to make a day trip there on the 16th

adamsfence
01-04-2010, 12:09 PM
i will be there on the 16th

Yer_Corks_Under
01-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Gaido's in Galveston is still open. While in Houston look up Thelma's bbq. Great que and CF Pork Chops.

fishmaster911
01-04-2010, 01:33 PM
I might try to make it out there the 15&16 ! Make a weekend with the fam.

2ndamendment
01-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Our normal boat show trip is on the second Saturday. We drive to Houston and stop for lunch at Hooters then go to the boat show. Walk the show for roughly 7 hours and still do not see everything. Then on the way home stop in Beaumont at Outback and have a steak and beer. Makes for a trip.

Montauk17
01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
anyone want to carpool from lafayette area?

should be some good deals on tackle there and some nice sleds

I may be interested in going,nothing else to do....

LaAngler
01-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I may be interested in going,nothing else to do....

will send you a PM thursday