PDA

View Full Version : Extrema 2 or SBE2

huntin fool
01-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Which do yall prefer..

I know its which ever one fit best..but im leaning towards the Extrema 2. From what ive read/heard aslong as you keep it clean, it is great! Which appplies with all guns. I love the kick off system will help with me shooting 12 ga 3 1/2 loads at geese.

So what do yall prefer? Any problems?

cajunsorc
01-03-2010, 08:10 PM
had an Xtrema 2 for 4 years now.....clean it once a year....shoot about 2 cases through it between cleanings.....never...and i mean never had issues with cycling shells...you can even "float" a 4th shell!!! love it wouldn't want anything else.

Will"E"Fish
01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
I've shot baretta's for many year's . The new extrema's are bar none my only choice .As long as it's 12 ga. shell it will shoot it.

"W"
01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Which do yall prefer..

I know its which ever one fit best..but im leaning towards the Extrema 2. From what ive read/heard aslong as you keep it clean, it is great! Which appplies with all guns. I love the kick off system will help with me shooting 12 ga 3 1/2 loads at geese.

So what do yall prefer? Any problems?

Get a real GUN.........:p

shellman
01-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Extrma 2...there are the **** man......shoots lo power just as well as well as 3 1/2 shot shells...

huntin fool
01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
had an Xtrema 2 for 4 years now.....clean it once a year....shoot about 2 cases through it between cleanings.....never...and i mean never had issues with cycling shells...you can even "float" a 4th shell!!! love it wouldn't want anything else.

I'm leaning towards it.

your going to have to show me the "floating 4th shell" and maybe have to show me how to pay the ticket when i get caught for "floating the 4th shell" :eek:...Aint dat illegal? Ohwell :*****:

H2OFwlKlr
01-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Xtrema 2 with the Kick Off, shoot 3 1/2's all day, sky bust with the best of them!

Got one, love it!

huntin fool
01-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I think thats what i plan on getting...

It will be a long lasting gun, and i hope it has its fair share of skybusting...

SO how good is that Kick off system? Like a 14 yr old, 80 lb kid can handle a couple of 3 1/2 shots?

H2OFwlKlr
01-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I think thats what i plan on getting...

It will be a long lasting gun, and i hope it has its fair share of skybusting...

SO how good is that Kick off system? Like a 14 yr old, 80 lb kid can handle a couple of 3 1/2 shots?

As I mentioned on a few post before, bought mine without the Kick Off trying to save a little money, mistake! Got the Kick Off and it was like shooting 2 3/4 shells all day long! I think right now you can get $350 in Beretta gear or a free Kick Off check into it, try G&H in Gueydan!

all star rod
01-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Fool you cannot go wrong with either gun. Matter of fact, I think Bretta owns Benelli or visa versa.....
Also, have you checked out the Winchester Super X3. This is their new auto loader. I have heard good things about this gun.

huntin fool
01-03-2010, 09:51 PM
That kick off is pretty thick, im pretty sure I'll be able to handle heavy goose loads.

Checked Lafayyett shooters, they have the one i was looking at...with the 26 in barrel

H2OFwlKlr
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
That kick off is pretty thick, im pretty sure I'll be able to handle heavy goose loads.

Checked Lafayyett shooters, they have the one i was looking at...with the 26 in barrel

You'll be able to handle the big loads, very smooth shooting gun. I also have the 26 inch barrel, you'll like it!

huntin fool
01-03-2010, 10:01 PM
You'll be able to handle the big loads, very smooth shooting gun. I also have the 26 inch barrel, you'll like it!

What size/brand choke do you use with it?

H2OFwlKlr
01-03-2010, 10:04 PM
What size/brand choke do you use with it?

It comes with 5 chokes, I use the improved cylinder.

huntin fool
01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
It comes with 5 chokes, I use the improved cylinder.

Didn't relize it came with different chokes.

From what i've read its a good all around gun. It can take the beating from the nasty waterfowling weather, and also do just as good for dove hunting/ clay shooting

Slidellkid
01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Fool, that Beretta with the kick off is a pretty long gun - better make sure it fits you ok. Once you put some heavy clothes on it might be too long for you. You can buy thinner recoil pads for the SBE2 but you cannot change the length of the Extrema with the kick off.

Also, Beretta has already announced their newest gun...can't remember the name but it's really light and has what is called the kick off 3 on it. Beretta has apparently put a lot of effort into this one and it might be worth waiting on it to take a look. The Browning Maxus and Winchester SX3 also get great reviews as well.

huntin fool
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Fool, that Beretta with the kick off is a pretty long gun - better make sure it fits you ok. Once you put some heavy clothes on it might be too long for you. You can buy thinner recoil pads for the SBE2 but you cannot change the length of the Extrema with the kick off.

Also, Beretta has already announced their newest gun...can't remember the name but it's really light and has what is called the kick off 3 on it. Beretta has apparently put a lot of effort into this one and it might be worth waiting on it to take a look. The Browning Maxus and Winchester SX3 also get great reviews as well.

I shouldered the berretta the other day and loved it. Next time i shoulder it i'll rember to wear my huntin jacket to make sure i like it. The dude did say abouot the kick off 3 coming out. He said not only does it have the kick off, but it has something right behind the chamber inside the gun to help reduce the recoil even more.

H2OFwlKlr
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Fool, just remember, the reason all these guns have a recoil system of some kind is because they are getting lighter and lighter. The lighter they get, the harder they kick, it is simple physics. I have a Browning 10 gauge automatic, and it kicks less than any 12 gauge I have shot 3 1/2's with, because it weighs at least 10 pounds. The X2 and the SBE2 weigh in at a little over 7 pounds. The new Super X 3 weighs almost a full half pound less, as do most of the newer models, including Beretta's.

speck-chaser
01-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm leaning towards it.

your going to have to show me the "floating 4th shell" and maybe have to show me how to pay the ticket when i get caught for "floating the 4th shell" :eek:...Aint dat illegal? Ohwell :*****:

its alot easier to eject that 4th shell than unscrew that cap and put that plug back in.

cajunsorc
01-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm leaning towards it.

The gun will only hold 2 in the magazine and 1 in the barrel......totally legal.

Raymond
01-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Lease partner just recieved one of these for Christmas and loves it.
http://www.joeletchenguns.com/xplordetails.jpg

SULPHITE
01-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Thank you R little...Now I have to come up with another lie to buy this shotgun...looks frickin awesome...would love for it to come in a camo pattern. its got the best of both worlds a391 and the xtrema...dang...I want this gun...$1600 phewww....

Raymond
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Partner says that 3 1/2"ers feel like 2 3/4's and it is balanced better than my SBE.:eek: Will probably buy one sooner than later, have to buy another old school SBE first.

SULPHITE
01-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I like'em period...

huntin fool
01-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Some people say i have to keep them extremely clean others say the clean it once a year...I try and clean mine after every trip, so hopefully i wont have problems.

Im curious about how it handles 3 1/2in.

Shawn Braquet
01-05-2010, 12:53 AM
fool you've seen the power of the sbe2 need I say more!!! lol I liked both when I shopped but im a small frame guy as you know and that black eagle just fit me a whole lot better with the shorter forend it "felt" better to me. Can't go wrong either way I would hope at least beings your spending 1300+ for each

Jordan
01-05-2010, 09:57 AM
raymond... c'mon man, another chart ? thats the "midget's" ammo to shoot out !!!

specktator
01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
anything else and u just pi%$^ng in the wind! extrema's are just too bulky! no gun throws up, shoulders, or shoots better than an SBE II hands down. especially for a little shrimp like u it will fit perfect! and if the kick is too much for u, u need to stick with fishing!

all star rod
01-05-2010, 03:56 PM
What is their "BENELLI" saying.......Performance worth the Price!:grinpimp:
Wish when I got my SBE2 I would of got the camo instead of the black...

specktator
01-05-2010, 05:28 PM
What is their "BENELLI" saying.......Performance worth the Price!:grinpimp:
Wish when I got my SBE2 I would of got the camo instead of the black...
Yeh mine is Max-4
As Phil would say "Boom! Boom! Boom!"
I wish i could load that Duckman benelli video. how do u load videos on here?

specktator
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS-VYNZhBUk
yes i got it!

H2OFwlKlr
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Never thought I would see the day when "the Duckman" would say something because he got paid too! He likes it? They sponsor him, it's all about the money!

Fool, sorry did not mean to highjack thread, remember they are all good guns, personal preference is the only degreee of seperation.

huntin fool
01-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Never thought I would see the day when "the Duckman" would say something because he got paid too! He likes it? They sponsor him, it's all about the money!

Fool, sorry did not mean to highjack thread, remember they are all good guns, personal preference is the only degreee of seperation.

Notice the black cloud on the stump? Can't film a commercial without there other sponsors!

I dont blame them though, if i got a free gun etc i'd love it too!

H2OFwlKlr
01-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Notice the black cloud on the stump? Can't film a commercial without there other sponsors!

I dont blame them though, if i got a free gun etc i'd love it too!

My point, Exactly!

specktator
01-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Hey different strokes for different folks I guess! Won't ever catch me shooting a beretta!

Is it October YET?
01-06-2010, 03:05 PM
One word- VINCI

It is fugly but it puts the SBEII and the Extrema to shame!!! Take a look at one before you buy anything else. They are easier to clean and far less recoil. 3 1/2's are like shooting a 20 guage. Why spend that much on a Buick when you can have a Bently.

SULPHITE
01-06-2010, 03:07 PM
The black vinci is ugly...but the camo I wouldn't mind...I thought the vincis only shot 3"

Is it October YET?
01-06-2010, 03:11 PM
The black vinci is ugly...but the camo I wouldn't mind...I thought the vincis only shot 3"

You are correct. my fingers are moving faster than my mind. I call it a "Jordan moment.":grinpimp:

SULPHITE
01-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Heck its okay we all have em!! :D

Oh crap here comes jordan...:thefinger:

Is it October YET?
01-06-2010, 03:21 PM
:shaking::shaking::shaking:

Why :shaking::shaking::shaking:?

I own both Benelli's and have shot the Extrema several times. All around function, ease of cleaning and recoil is much better. I guess it just fits my fat face better. Some guys like Ford and others Chevy. ;)

all star rod
01-06-2010, 03:33 PM
One word- VINCI

It is fugly but it puts the SBEII and the Extrema to shame!!! Take a look at one before you buy anything else. They are easier to clean and far less recoil. 3 1/2's are like shooting a 20 guage. Why spend that much on a Buick when you can have a Bently.

FYI.....the VINCI does not shoot 3-1/2" shell....only up to 3" and I do not know Benelli did that.
However, they are some sharp looking guns!

Shawn Braquet
01-06-2010, 06:52 PM
deadly D, did your sbe have the comfortech stock? I think the sbe2 with comfortech and extrema with kickoff have the same recoil. Not sure though i haven't shot the extrema with kickoff.

Shawn Braquet
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I heard they were close if not the same. I guess to each his own. Most guns that people complain about are normally due to the lack of cleaning like already stated.

Shawn Braquet
01-06-2010, 07:02 PM
man them wingmasters are smooth still, haven't had the luxury of shooting a model 12

all star rod
01-07-2010, 07:11 PM
MY SBE2 has the comfort tech.....not too much kick. I have never shot the SBE!

Goatro
01-08-2010, 12:31 PM
SBE2 nuff said!

all star rod
01-08-2010, 01:57 PM
The only time mine has ever jammed is when I am shoot a shot directly over my head and if I do not put the gun hard against my shoulder I have had a jam. Had mine since 2004 jammed maybe 5-6 times.

longsidelandry
01-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Ok guys had 2 guys hunting wiyh me this morning and one had a new SBE and the other had one about a 1 1/2 yr old and guess what they didnt go boom boom boom . Both of them jammed all morning long. I laughed my butt off watching them shifting shells. Good thing they shot excellant
lol The only time my gun jams is.....NEVER!!!! BPS all the way, I'll never go hunting with a different gun!

all star rod
01-08-2010, 02:32 PM
lol The only time my gun jams is.....NEVER!!!! BPS all the way, I'll never go hunting with a different gun!

Longside about how boxes of shells have you passed thru your BPS this year during teal and duck seaon?????

longsidelandry
01-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Longside about how boxes of shells have you passed thru your BPS this year during teal and duck seaon?????
lol why you gotta bring that up...I only shot 2 shots this hunting season :*****:

all star rod
01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
lol why you gotta bring that up...I only shot 2 shots this hunting season :*****:

That is why your B.S. never jams!!:*****::*****:

longsidelandry
01-08-2010, 03:06 PM
That is why your B.S. never jams!!:*****::*****:
lol man I've been having that gun since 8th grade (12 years ago) and it's been through the worst possible conditions when we were hunting at shell island and wax lake about 6-7 times a year and it's sat under saltwater twice (Rita and Ike) for a couple of days.

LaAngler
01-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Get a real GUN.........:p

hell yeah love my bps

all star rod
01-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Pretty gun to put on the wall or keep in a gun case to show others......but if you want a gun for "WATERFOWL HUNTING" - BENELLI SBE2......Performance worth the price!!!