PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 15

fun w son
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
I have a 15hp Yamaha that started fine when i picked it up 1 year ago. it's getting fuel cauce the plugs are wet but no fire. what and how do i do to check the electrical on this motor????

bay_slayer
01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Just a reminder...........is the kill switch/lanyard on?

fun w son
01-04-2010, 02:58 PM
yea i checked that. is there a way to see if it is working correctly???

bay_slayer
01-04-2010, 06:15 PM
yes.........if you have a multi-meter or an ohm meter. you can check on the back side of the switch to see if the contacts are opening and closing

Gerald
01-05-2010, 01:59 AM
I have a 15hp Yamaha that started fine when i picked it up 1 year ago. it's getting fuel cauce the plugs are wet but no fire. what and how do i do to check the electrical on this motor????

We need more information to help you.

Tell us more information......how much have you used this engine? When was the last time you ran the engine? Did the engine run good or were there some problems? When was the last time you bought or added gas to the tank? How "old" was the gas that you put into the tank?

NO FIRE???? How did you check to know that there is "NO FIRE"? What exactly does the engine do when you try to start it? What have you done [tried ? ] to get it started?

it's getting fuel cauce the plugs are wet .... Are the plugs wet with fuel or WATER???? Are the plugs clean? How old are the plugs?

Jordan
01-05-2010, 09:55 AM
good questions, we need answers to help ya fix the problem !

yellalilyslicker
01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Don't know for sure but I think some of the smaller yamaha motors had a fuse box under the motor cover and it had a fuse for your ignition system.

fun w son
01-06-2010, 08:32 AM
thanks guys!

the engine ran great when i picked it up started first crank!
it's been sitting on a stand for about 9 months. about a year ago i changed the exhuast plate on the side the block, it had a hole in it.
the plugs were changed at that time as well.
the fuel is about 9 months old.

the compresson is good on both top and bottom. the plugs are a little black but nothing serious. when i pull the plugs and plug them in and pull the rope, no blue spark.with the plugs in, you pull the rope no popping at all no signs of popping or trying to start.
I say "wet" when the plugs come out and the smell like fuel, no "milky look"

thanks for the help gents

Jordan your Avator "Rocks"!!!!!!

fun w son
01-06-2010, 08:33 AM
don't remember seeing a "Fuse box"?????

fun w son
01-07-2010, 08:45 AM
is there a way to by-pass the kill botton????

Gerald
01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
--------------I started to answer your question......but not sure if what I said was correct.....so tried to delete.

fun w son
01-13-2010, 09:02 AM
i unplugged the stop botton and still no blue spark???????