PDA

View Full Version : A Few Days Down The Road

Capt. Matt Caire
06-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Had some trips last week, and have not had time to get on here and make some reports. The fishing is great down in Buras right now. Last week due to the North winds that decided to come upon us and then would switch to South later in the day, we were forced to go to the West side of the river. As we would arrive to the beaches we were met with dirty water from the South winds the evenings before. But as the day went on the pretty green water would make its way in with a 2' tide. So later in the morning till after lunch the water would clean up and the fish would bite good for us. All the reefs along the beaches and the beach is producing fish. The best advice I could give you is find some clean water and bait away from the crowds. Now that it is summer, there are tons of boats out there even on mondays and tuesdays. But its all good there is plenty of fish. The Sandy Point Rigs should be producing some fish, I made a trip out there the other day buy the water was horrible. The East Side of the river: there are birds diving all over and some piles of birds have good fish under them, as others have the baby dinks under them. The outside islands are also producing fish as well as the rigs. Best baits are anything white and chart. or purple and chart., and black and chart. Also the bigger baits will produce larger fish such as Slug go's and Norton Sand Eels. Good Luck to all, and set your alarms extra early if you want to be the first one there. Here are a few pics I took.

Big Flounder
06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Nice pile of fish!

Big Lake Blondie
06-01-2009, 02:54 PM
What a haul! That's a good day! :D

"W"
06-01-2009, 02:54 PM
LA fishing at its best!!!! Nice Haul their MATT

LaAngler
06-01-2009, 02:55 PM
wow! some of the best fishing in the world down there

ChrisR
06-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Nice Catch....

Salty
06-01-2009, 02:56 PM
LA fishing at its best!!!! Nice Haul their MATT

There ya geaux, Bruce. :)

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Awesome haul there capt.

FREON
06-01-2009, 03:54 PM
congratz on da ketchin and als a vary well ritten report.