PDA

View Full Version : yo-yo'n

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Went and set 4 out on the wharf just to see if it would be worth setting all my Yo-Yo's out on the river, well, i had just baited the 2nd yo-yo when the 1st went off, nice bass, this happened 4 more times (5 bass caught in 30 minutes) I ended up pulling them after i caught 5. Didn't want to use all my shiners, i'll put out all my yo-yo's tomorrow eve.

quick question...any of yall leave yo-yo's overnight????

Salty
01-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Hey, Yo-Yo...post a pic of a yo-yo.

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey, Yo-Yo...post a pic of a yo-yo.

you really gunna make me go out to my boat and take a pic???

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 08:49 PM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-68763359379937_2085_4291156

thanks google

Reel Bender
01-25-2010, 08:50 PM
you really gunna make me go out to my boat and take a pic???

Yep!!! Cause I wanna see a pic also.:D

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Yall aint ever seen a yo-yo before??? Seriously??

Reel Bender
01-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Seriously!

Salty
01-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Yall aint ever seen a yo-yo before??? Seriously??

We've met.

Salty
01-25-2010, 08:54 PM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-68763359379937_2085_4291156

thanks google

Instructions?

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Instructions?

It basically is a self triggered reel, you pull the string out to desired length and set the "trigger" in on of the grooves, when a fish bites the hook, the trigger slips out of the groove, causing the "yo-yo" to spin (reel the line up) with it spinning, it sets the hook for you.

Salty
01-25-2010, 09:00 PM
I "googled" "fishing with yo-yo's" and up popped a pic of you and W at the weirs.

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 09:01 PM
I "googled" "fishing with yo-yo's" and up came a pic of you and W at the weirs.

I aint going to lie, Yo-yo fishing is pretty fun! its addicting!

Salty
01-25-2010, 09:02 PM
What if I was to hang one of them minners under a tree top?

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 09:10 PM
What if I was to hang one of them minners under a tree top?

Minners? shiners? and you'd prolly catch some sac a lait

Salty
01-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Fool, these things are only $2?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=&id=0003097110774a&navCount=0&podId=0003097&parentId=&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=UK&rid=&parentType=&indexId=&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=fishing%20with%20a%20yo-yo&cm_ite=netcon&rid=2146251080&hasJS=true

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Fool, these things are only $2?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=&id=0003097110774a&navCount=0&podId=0003097&parentId=&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=UK&rid=&parentType=&indexId=&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=fishing%20with%20a%20yo-yo&cm_ite=netcon&rid=2146251080&hasJS=true

I buy mine by the dozen at academy for $21

Salty
01-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Minners? shiners? and you'd prolly catch some sac a lait

Is it more fun than jiggin' for 'em?

Mediumheavyaction6'6
01-25-2010, 09:16 PM
salty leave the little guy alone. i think you already caught him on the yo-yo

Salty
01-25-2010, 09:18 PM
salty leave the little guy alone. i think you already caught him on the yo-yo

I'm serious. I got a place I wanna try 'em that's loaded with white perch. Does it snatch the fish out the water?

huntin fool
Is it more fun than jiggin' for 'em?

I love it. You can set em out and by the time you set your last one, you prolly are already hooked up with em.
Instead of having to sit there and hold the rod and wait patiently you can just set some yo-yo's and go do something else.

I aint got much patience to jig for sacalait, i'd rather bass fish.

QUACKHEAD
Can't use em in Texas. It's aginst the LAW! Gotta be careful on Toledo Bend and stay on the correct side of the Sabine River.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
01-25-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm serious. I got a place I wanna try 'em that's loaded with white perch. Does it snatch the fish out the water?

ok, sorry i didn't realize you were serious. continue!

Salty
01-25-2010, 09:20 PM
I love it. You can set em out and by the time you set your last one, you prolly are already hooked up with em.
Instead of having to sit there and hold the rod and wait patiently you can just set some yo-yo's and go do something else.

I aint got much patience to jig for sacalait, i'd rather bass fish.

Like what...shoot some hoops?

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 09:21 PM

it does exactly what it did to the bass in the picture.

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Like what...shoot some hoops?

go ride down river and bass fish....

they are kinda like limb lines for catfish, except yo-yo's actually set the hook for you.

Salty
01-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Might see if I can con my buddy into goin' to Academy tomorrow. This is like stealin'. :)

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Might see if I can con my buddy into goin' to Academy tomorrow. This is like stealin'. :)

now becareful Salty, idk if you fishing a pond or waterway. Some waterways only allow a certain amt of Yo-yo's per person/ regulations.

Quackhead yall ever leave yalls over night???

QUACKHEAD
01-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Here is a couple of more pics.

Ray
01-25-2010, 09:33 PM
We fished out of a camp on the old Sabine River, South of Merryville, when I was in high school and use them. When we painted them hunter orange to make them easy to find and they got stolen the first night. We painted them green after that.

Salty
01-25-2010, 09:33 PM
now becareful Salty, idk if you fishing a pond or waterway. Some waterways only allow a certain amt of Yo-yo's per person/ regulations.

Quackhead yall ever leave yalls over night???

No worries...it's a private bar pit.

The thing that concerns me is that this thing is loaded with all kinds of underwater timber from Katrina. Hang-ups might be a real pain.

QUACKHEAD
01-25-2010, 09:34 PM
oh, also good catch Fool, I would have left them out, but that's just me I leave my yo-yo's out for about 3 weeks and run them just about every night between me and Kornbread. He is out there now with a couple of our friends checking them. We have been averageing
about 2- 48 quart ice chest a night counting the night run and morning.

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 09:35 PM
No worries...it's a private bar pit.

The thing that concerns me is that this thing is loaded with all kinds of underwater timber from Katrina. Hang-ups might be a real pain.

I only set mine like 6in-a foot under surface, how deep you wanting to set yours??

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 09:36 PM
oh, also good catch Fool, I would have left them out, but that's just me I leave my yo-yo's out for about 3 weeks and run them just about every night between me and Kornbread. He is out there now with a couple of our friends checking them. We have been averageing
about 2- 48 quart ice chest a night counting the night run and morning.

ok, so yall do leave yalls out over night? Yall ever have any problems with fish kill?

I didn't figure it would be a problem since there gills usually stay underwater, but???

Salty
01-25-2010, 09:36 PM
I only set mine like 6in-a foot under surface, how deep you wanting to set yours??

I would think them perch would be deeper than that. I ain't interested in yearlin' bass.

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 09:40 PM
I would think them perch would be deeper than that. I ain't interested in yearlin' bass.

i plan on setting some deep and some shallow, just set them shallow for the evening.

Salty
01-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Quack, y'all catch perch at night? Full moon comin' up.

QUACKHEAD
01-25-2010, 09:52 PM
ok, so yall do leave yalls out over night? Yall ever have any problems with fish kill?

I didn't figure it would be a problem since there gills usually stay underwater, but???

Some time they are dead when we go check em, but the air/water temp is usually pretty cold, never had one that was spoiled if that's what your asking. Depth of the set is no more than 6 inches, sometimes if the wind is not blowin hard we set em just to where the gills stay wet on the shiner. W/perch will not face down to feed, they always look up. Nights with a little moon or full is the fill your ice chest nights. We bait right before dark, run them a couple hours later, and rebait while we are checking them. As long as we are not tired we run em every couple of hours. Once we get tired we go home get some rest, wake up early, around 7 we try to be there to run em. We won't bait them till the evening. turtles, gar and trash fish will get the shiners more during the day.

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Quack, y'all catch perch at night? Full moon comin' up.

When abouts is that full moon?

Salty
01-25-2010, 10:00 PM
When abouts is that full moon?

Dunno but it's fillin' up....maybe next week?

Salty
01-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Some time they are dead when we go check em, but the air/water temp is usually pretty cold, never had one that was spoiled if that's what your asking. Depth of the set is no more than 6 inches, sometimes if the wind is not blowin hard we set em just to where the gills stay wet on the shiner. W/perch will not face down to feed, they always look up. Nights with a little moon or full is the fill your ice chest nights. We bait right before dark, run them a couple hours later, and rebait while we are checking them. As long as we are not tired we run em every couple of hours. Once we get tired we go home get some rest, wake up early, around 7 we try to be there to run em. We won't bait them till the evening. turtles, gar and trash fish will get the shiners more during the day.

This is interesting info.

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 10:04 PM
This is interesting info.

x2

QUACKHEAD
01-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Don't mean to steal your thread but also we fish off a deep body of water and fish in about 4 feet of water. A creek runs thru the area, it is about 6-8 feet and it adjoins the river about 300 yards away which is about 25 to 40 feet deep. If you have stumps but no place to tie, get any type or rod and drive it into the stum. (rebar, or the frames from the flower arrangments after a funeral.) Bend it over and wa-la... you have something to tie to. Perch also will look for timber or roots. Catfish loves perch so they need protection. We also catch a few catfish which I don't mind, I likes the catfish, as long as they are cleaned right. NO RED MEAT! Thats what will make you get up from the table. Trim it off and cut the belly out. Unless it is an op, belly meat is good.

yak'em-n-stack'em
01-25-2010, 10:23 PM
http://www.thetoyshop.com/media/toyshop/products/Character/Other/Zoom/403956.jpg
I gotta say Yomega makes the best.

The xbrain was one of my favorites

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Don't mean to steal your thread but also we fish off a deep body of water and fish in about 4 feet of water. A creek runs thru the area, it is about 6-8 feet and it adjoins the river about 300 yards away which is about 25 to 40 feet deep. If you have stumps but no place to tie, get any type or rod and drive it into the stum. (rebar, or the frames from the flower arrangments after a funeral.) Bend it over and wa-la... you have something to tie to. Perch also will look for timber or roots. Catfish loves perch so they need protection. We also catch a few catfish which I don't mind, I likes the catfish, as long as they are cleaned right. NO RED MEAT! Thats what will make you get up from the table. Trim it off and cut the belly out. Unless it is an op, belly meat is good.

We mainly have one DEEP river channel, and cypress banks running along side of it. Plenty of cypress knees/tress, Guess i'll have to try the bend rebar and stick it in the bank or stump. Only thing I worry about is ppl stealing em. I try to cover the front halfway with moss, so it's not so obvious..Might consider painting em black and just tying a orange marker 3 trees down so i know its in the area

huntin fool
01-25-2010, 10:26 PM
http://www.thetoyshop.com/media/toyshop/products/Character/Other/Zoom/403956.jpg
I gotta say Yomega makes the best.

The xbrain was one of my favorites

i had the blue x-brain, baby was SWEET! :*****:

SULPHITE
01-25-2010, 10:28 PM
i actually had one of those...

yak'em-n-stack'em
01-25-2010, 10:35 PM
me too

that and the black mamba

QUACKHEAD
01-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Not sure where you are Fool, Calcasieu , houston river ... Moss bluff has a couple of marshes. One between Westlake and Mossbluff off Perkins Ferry the other at the Moss Bluff and Lake Charles Bridge. Also I would think English Bayou should be good. I think that's the one close to Sam Houston under the Bridge before you get to the park?? Been a long time since being there, I get confused. But I would think either of the marshes should be worth trying. I use to pole fishem at the Gulf states ditch at the mouth of the channel, and at the ditch between there and the barrier. Drop a jig to the bottom in spring. Down the latter ditch should be good for yo-yo's. Use to be anyway, lots of brush on both banks, plus it was a dead end narrow ditch. Most people that knows it don't go down it till spring looking for bass.

Salty
01-25-2010, 10:55 PM
The place I'm thinkin' of tryin' 'em is just top after top after top. Some buddies tried there with cane poles the other day and said it was so thick that they could barely get down.

QUACKHEAD
01-25-2010, 11:11 PM
If there are perch or bass there you'll pull em out Salty. We have used cane in shallow water to have something to tie the yo yo to. It's not rocket science, you don't have to get W involved. anything that you can stick in the mud to hold a fish fight. The yoyo will fight the fish and tire them out in just a few seconds. It's pretty cool if your close to the bank and hear them trip. When the fish starts fighting you can hear the yo yo hitting the side of what ever you tied them to and hear the string as it is going out then in.

huntin fool
01-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Not sure where you are Fool, Calcasieu , houston river ... Moss bluff has a couple of marshes. One between Westlake and Mossbluff off Perkins Ferry the other at the Moss Bluff and Lake Charles Bridge. Also I would think English Bayou should be good. I think that's the one close to Sam Houston under the Bridge before you get to the park?? Been a long time since being there, I get confused. But I would think either of the marshes should be worth trying. I use to pole fishem at the Gulf states ditch at the mouth of the channel, and at the ditch between there and the barrier. Drop a jig to the bottom in spring. Down the latter ditch should be good for yo-yo's. Use to be anyway, lots of brush on both banks, plus it was a dead end narrow ditch. Most people that knows it don't go down it till spring looking for bass.

im on West fork, i have the lil Burns behind my house (nothing but stumps!) but i dont think there are many white perch back there. Not after rita.

I'll try Indian Bayou, and Gulf States Ditch some more.

QUACKHEAD
01-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Man, when I was young we use to tear the bass and bream up back there. We caught a few white perch and frogs as big as a small dog. That's where I use to hang out in a 14 foot alum with a 6 hp Johnson. No trolling motor back then on my boat. Short handled paddleor a pole. I also learned how to throw a bait caster up in there. That was a few years back.....probley 38 years ago. It hadn't been fresh water that long then. Before that we use to go crabbing at the ferry (where the bridge is now) about 42 years ago. Between Mossbluff and Westlake.

QUACKHEAD
01-26-2010, 09:07 AM
There should be another ditch between Gulf States Ditch and the Saltwater Barrier, I don't know anything about the developements to land since I left there 26 years ago. Only visited land based areas since. I have just gotten back into the saltwater stuff a year or so back. I am finding out there are a lot of changes.

B-Stealth
01-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Every god fearing, whiskey drinking, red blooded American should run yo yo's atleast once in their life. It really is a thrill when their hitting good; they will keep you running in circles if its good. One night we stayed out like 4 hours because they were hitting so fast; as soon as we would get to the end of our string there would be fish at the begenning.

Tear em up Fool.

2ndamendment
01-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Quackhead this is some nice information/experiences being exchanged between you and Fool. Your experience being passed to the younger generation.
Like hearing those back in the day stories of the way things were here in the Bluff area. Did you live in the Bluff? I have been residing in the Bluff for 13 years.

Feesherman
01-26-2010, 12:57 PM
There should be another ditch between Gulf States Ditch and the Saltwater Barrier, I don't know anything about the developements to land since I left there 26 years ago. Only visited land based areas since. I have just gotten back into the saltwater stuff a year or so back. I am finding out there are a lot of changes.

Yes, that ditch is still there.

adamsfence
01-26-2010, 02:49 PM
does anyone remember the signs that was in the little burns that u could see off the hey rf bridge

huntin fool
01-26-2010, 04:20 PM
does anyone remember the signs that was in the little burns that u could see off the hey rf bridge

Yes, that ditch is still there.

Man, when I was young we use to tear the bass and bream up back there. We caught a few white perch and frogs as big as a small dog. That's where I use to hang out in a 14 foot alum with a 6 hp Johnson. No trolling motor back then on my boat. Short handled paddleor a pole. I also learned how to throw a bait caster up in there. That was a few years back.....probley 38 years ago. It hadn't been fresh water that long then. Before that we use to go crabbing at the ferry (where the bridge is now) about 42 years ago. Between Mossbluff and Westlake.

Feesh im assuming yall talking about on the West Side of the river?

Quackhead,the westlake/mb bridge?? Didn't know a ferry crossed there, at the end of my road i know one crossed (hints the "ferry Rd")

QUACKHEAD
01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
The ditch is on the west side, same as Gulf States Ditch. I was kinda young my self at the time but it seems it was pretty much where the bridge is. I can remember once we crossed it you was on hwy 378. Moss Bluff wasn't much back then, but there was a small hardware store up close to where the High School is but across the road, you could get basic fishing supplies there. There is alot of Marsh land on the Westlake side an either sider of 378. As you are crossing the Bridge to Westlake , if you turn right and follow the road, it use to dead end about 300 yards. We would shoot Wood Ducks roosting late in the evening. On the other side of 378 about where the rope swing (Been there for years)is if you walk thru the woods just a couple hundred feet you will hit a big marsh there aswell. It use to be a good blue gill hole there. The water was about 2-4 feet deep in most of it. The P. ferry road had always been horrible to drive from the time you turned off of 378. It was paved about 1/2 mile then pot holes and mud to the end. The old wooden bridge that crossed the ditch that fed water into that marsh was the only access to get your boat back there. There wasn't many Houses on the road back then and the ones that were was close to 378.

QUACKHEAD
01-26-2010, 05:20 PM

What is the "hey rf bridge"???

Salty
01-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Feesh im assuming yall talking about on the West Side of the river?

Quackhead,the westlake/mb bridge?? Didn't know a ferry crossed there, at the end of my road i know one crossed (hence, the "ferry Rd")

:)

adamsfence
01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
What is the "hey rf bridge"???

I'm on my phone sorry 171 bridge.....moss bluff was big in kkk there was a sign in the burns

huntin fool
01-26-2010, 06:39 PM
The ditch is on the west side, same as Gulf States Ditch. I was kinda young my self at the time but it seems it was pretty much where the bridge is. I can remember once we crossed it you was on hwy 378. Moss Bluff wasn't much back then, but there was a small hardware store up close to where the High School is but across the road, you could get basic fishing supplies there. There is alot of Marsh land on the Westlake side an either sider of 378. As you are crossing the Bridge to Westlake , if you turn right and follow the road, it use to dead end about 300 yards. We would shoot Wood Ducks roosting late in the evening. On the other side of 378 about where the rope swing (Been there for years)is if you walk thru the woods just a couple hundred feet you will hit a big marsh there aswell. It use to be a good blue gill hole there. The water was about 2-4 feet deep in most of it. The P. ferry road had always been horrible to drive from the time you turned off of 378. It was paved about 1/2 mile then pot holes and mud to the end. The old wooden bridge that crossed the ditch that fed water into that marsh was the only access to get your boat back there. There wasn't many Houses on the road back then and the ones that were was close to 378.

hey hey hey back backi gimma 50 ft away from my house! :*****:

yep that rope swing marsh is now about 6ft deep in areas.

the wooden bridges are now tank cars split in half (culverts)

huntin fool
01-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm on my phone sorry 171 bridge.....moss bluff was big in kkk there was a sign in the burns

that said "you are now entering KKK terriorty...Welcome to Moss Bluff" or something like dat"

Country Boy
01-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Same here fool, no patience but is fun when there biting.

adamsfence
01-26-2010, 07:03 PM
that said "you are now entering KKK terriorty...Welcome to Moss Bluff" or something like dat"

yeah thats it also they used to have big meetings on coffee rd

huntin fool
01-26-2010, 07:07 PM
yeah thats it also they used to have big meetings on coffee rd

didn't know dat....

2ndamendment
01-26-2010, 08:31 PM
When the old 171 wooden bridge was in service(where the boat launch is now), as you crossed the bridge heading North, there was a ice cream stand on the corner. There are metal buildings(businesses) there now.

huntin fool
01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
When the old 171 wooden bridge was in service(where the boat launch is now), as you crossed the bridge heading North, there was a ice cream stand on the corner. There are metal buildings(businesses) there now.

The old bridge? the one they blew up??

Dad used to tell me stories how they used to go camp on that thing after they tore it down.

2ndamendment
01-26-2010, 08:56 PM
The old bridge? the one they blew up??

Dad used to tell me stories how they used to go camp on that thing after they tore it down.

That is the one.

QUACKHEAD
01-26-2010, 11:04 PM

That was the Old Town Road Bridge. Wow, I almost forgot about that one. It was a wooden bridge that was very narrow. 2 cars could cross it each direction but if an 18 wheeler came across it he had it by himself. Fool, we were both right on the Ferry's that crossed. I called my brother and asked him about it. He said there use to be one that went from Smith Ferry Rd in Westlake to Perkins Ferry back in the late 40's thru the late 50's. The road was bad on both sides so they decided to close the one that had gone back and forth and made a better pass at Hwy 378. That was toward the end of the 50's or early 60's. The new ferry was just north of the current bridge about 70 yards. I do remember that it did not use a conventional motor and prop to go back and forth but 2 cables that was used to pull the ferry back and forth. If a boat needed to cross the ferry's path the ferry had to release the tention
on the cable and it would drop the cable to the bottom of the river, once the boat passed the ferry pulled tention back on the cable and would pull itself across again.

Adam, I remember the sign very well. I'll discuss more of the sign when we ever meet. There use to be one on the Moss Bluff side of the new Bridge also when it was put in back in the late 60's or early 70's when ever it was put in.

2ndAmendment, As you probley have figured out I was raised in Westlake. I worked at Olin Chemical till 84. They had a big lay off as did most of the plants. With no work in the area I worked here and there and finally decided to join the Navy. I got very lucky and was accepted into the Bio- Medical repair school. After the Navy I went to work for the VA. 20 years later I'm writing a book on Salty Cajun. lol Lots of cool memories...:D

Montauk17
01-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Man you guys are making me want to go set some yo yo's for some sac a lait and cats now!! :)

Feesherman
01-27-2010, 07:46 AM
That was the Old Town Road Bridge. Wow, I almost forgot about that one. It was a wooden bridge that was very narrow. 2 cars could cross it each direction but if an 18 wheeler came across it he had it by himself. Fool, we were both right on the Ferry's that crossed. I called my brother and asked him about it. He said there use to be one that went from Smith Ferry Rd in Westlake to Perkins Ferry back in the late 40's thru the late 50's. The road was bad on both sides so they decided to close the one that had gone back and forth and made a better pass at Hwy 378. That was toward the end of the 50's or early 60's. The new ferry was just north of the current bridge about 70 yards. I do remember that it did not use a conventional motor and prop to go back and forth but 2 cables that was used to pull the ferry back and forth. If a boat needed to cross the ferry's path the ferry had to release the tention
on the cable and it would drop the cable to the bottom of the river, once the boat passed the ferry pulled tention back on the cable and would pull itself across again.

Adam, I remember the sign very well. I'll discuss more of the sign when we ever meet. There use to be one on the Moss Bluff side of the new Bridge also when it was put in back in the late 60's or early 70's when ever it was put in.

2ndAmendment, As you probley have figured out I was raised in Westlake. I worked at Olin Chemical till 84. They had a big lay off as did most of the plants. With no work in the area I worked here and there and finally decided to join the Navy. I got very lucky and was accepted into the Bio- Medical repair school. After the Navy I went to work for the VA. 20 years later I'm writing a book on Salty Cajun. lol Lots of cool memories...:D

My paw paw retired from Olin. Retired a looooooong time ago so not sure if you may have known him or not. His name is Ferdie Vidrine. Anyway, I was raised in Westlake as well.

huntin fool
01-27-2010, 07:52 AM
olin turned to MSRC right? Or lyndell?

QUACKHEAD
01-27-2010, 09:08 AM
My paw paw retired from Olin. Retired a looooooong time ago so not sure if you may have known him or not. His name is Ferdie Vidrine. Anyway, I was raised in Westlake as well.

I knew a Vidrine from school but can't recall the first name.He was also in the Volunteer Fire Dept when I was there. As far as your paw-paw, I don't recall him either, but you never really got to meet people in the other units.

Fool, I think your right, once I left LC area I never turned back. You go to MBHS? Tell the Brad B His Uncle Bryan said hi and wished he was going to Grand Isle with me and his dad next month.

huntin fool
01-27-2010, 04:22 PM
I knew a Vidrine from school but can't recall the first name.He was also in the Volunteer Fire Dept when I was there. As far as your paw-paw, I don't recall him either, but you never really got to meet people in the other units.

Fool, I think your right, once I left LC area I never turned back. You go to MBHS? Tell the Brad B His Uncle Bryan said hi and wished he was going to Grand Isle with me and his dad next month.

Brad Book?

I go to the Middle school last year in mddle and then ill be up der.

longsidelandry
01-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Brad Book?

You hung out with W today fool??

Salty
01-27-2010, 04:42 PM
You hung out with W today fool??

Fool works for NASA.

QUACKHEAD
01-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Brad Book?

That would be him.

Feesherman
01-28-2010, 07:47 AM
Brad Book?

You prolly know my niece. She is Madison Murphy.

huntin fool
01-28-2010, 07:50 AM
You prolly know my niece. She is Madison Murphy.

i live right next door to her grandma and her dad.

Feesherman
01-28-2010, 09:40 AM
i live right next door to her grandma and her dad.

I'm sorry.

adamsfence
01-28-2010, 02:10 PM
lol

huntin fool
01-28-2010, 06:37 PM
you sorry about which one the dad or grandma?? lol

Feesherman
01-29-2010, 07:50 AM
you sorry about which one the dad or grandma?? lol

The sperm donor.

huntin fool
01-29-2010, 06:12 PM
The sperm donor.

ahh yeah.....

we don't talk to em much..they 1 house down

Feesherman
01-30-2010, 09:22 AM
ahh yeah.....

we don't talk to em much..they 1 house down

You ain't missin nuttin. Now the girls are sweethearts. Madison pretty much don't go over there anymore. She wise to his ways.

huntin fool
01-30-2010, 12:49 PM
You ain't missin nuttin. Now the girls are sweethearts. Madison pretty much don't go over there anymore. She wise to his ways.

Yep. Madison's a year younger than me...

ChuckP
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Just a little tip for you yo-yo guys...i used to fish them alot back in the day...they are alot of fun...if you want to keep your fish alive longer especially in the summer months....put a split shot weight about 6" from the yo-yo on the line this will kepp your fish in the water....the smaller ones will be like beef jerky in the morning if they stay out all night......

2ndamendment
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Useful tip....Thanks

calcutta37
02-11-2010, 09:27 PM
use to fish yo-yos at lake d'arbonne up north of ruston and set em overnight catch them sacs everytime we set em.