PDA

View Full Version : anybody cook cracklins?

outcast
02-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Me and my buddy are gonna try to cook up some cracklins tomorrow. anybody here cook them? how do you do it? Ive heard so many different ways, i was just wondering how some of you might do it.

yak'em-n-stack'em
02-10-2010, 08:55 PM
pm woodduckcommander ill get him to check, he works for chadauxs

Woodduck Commander
02-10-2010, 09:44 PM
ok... idk what you have to make them out of we use pork bellies... but cut into pieces a little bigger than what you want them to end up... and the work begins.... bring the grease up to about 325 and cook for 30 mins... see work... stirring constantly... we have a paddle on a electric motor... you may have to just work on the upper arms... until they begin to float. when they do take them out and cool well.... we put them in the cooler... they are going to be soft but don't be alarmed.... after they cool... bring grease up to 325. put cracklins back in.... the temperature of the grease will drop... when it gets back up to 325. remove, salt or season, and enjoy

swamp snorkler
02-10-2010, 10:13 PM
ok... idk what you have to make them out of we use pork bellies... but cut into pieces a little bigger than what you want them to end up... and the work begins.... bring the grease up to about 325 and cook for 30 mins... see work... stirring constantly... we have a paddle on a electric motor... you may have to just work on the upper arms... until they begin to float. when they do take them out and cool well.... we put them in the cooler... they are going to be soft but don't be alarmed.... after they cool... bring grease up to 325. put cracklins back in.... the temperature of the grease will drop... when it gets back up to 325. remove, salt or season, and enjoy
Where can you buy pork bellies??

BossHog
02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
man we cooked cracklins all day for the superbowl, we basically did everything wooduck said but we only coat the bottom of the pot with grease they dont come out soft, but theres several different ways to do it, just make sure u have some buddies to help stir cause that'll wear you out

adamsfence
02-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't cook them but I can eat a lot of them......Probly why I'm overweight

Woodduck Commander
02-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Where can you buy pork bellies??

we get ours form prejeans in laffayette. you can use any cut that has a good bit of fat like some boston butts

meaux fishing
02-10-2010, 11:01 PM
I dont cook em but you can get some really good ones at Simon's in Kaplan. They arent made there but they are sold in ziplock bags with labels taped on them.

Big Lake Blondie
02-10-2010, 11:18 PM
I don't cook them but I can eat a lot of them......Probly why I'm overweight

:*****: :*****: :*****:...good ol Southern cooking...gonna kill us all...

Ray
02-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Ditto. I eat anything with fat in it.

catch.and.fillet
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
i did some reppin' for SC a few weeks back....these guys are now a proud sponsor SC Cracklins in the mid-east....

longsidelandry
02-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Does that say 'Butt Sweet House'??