PDA

View Full Version : Todays Report....

"W"
06-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Lake Took a 360 in conditions overnight!!! Should get interesting tomorrow!!!

Salty Check out the HAT!!!

Salty
06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I know you ain't talkin' about the urnge one.

I'm impressed to see that you make our little ******head buddy wear a PFD. Buckle that thing up, boy!

Xpressboat908
06-05-2009, 05:50 PM
W you should try other places. Trust me Big Lake is not the greatest place to fish. If it is close to you and you know the place like the back of your hand well understood. Try going out side of the box a few times and you may be suprised. Trust me their is fishing life out side of BIG/LITTLE Lake!

"W"
06-05-2009, 07:04 PM
W you should try other places. Trust me Big Lake is not the greatest place to fish. If it is close to you and you know the place like the back of your hand well understood. Try going out side of the box a few times and you may be suprised. Trust me their is fishing life out side of BIG/LITTLE Lake!

Their is no need for me to go anywhere else!! Only lake in LA where on any given day you can boat a 9lb+ and I have to disagree with not catching limits of 16-19inch trout.....I do have pictures with numbers of limits with these size trout!!! I love to eat the 12incher myself but I promise that I have all I need over here and no need to fish anywhere else

06-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Their is no need for me to go anywhere else!! Only lake in LA where on any given day you can boat a 9lb+ and I have to disagree with not catching limits of 16-19inch trout.....I do have pictures with numbers of limits with these size trout!!! I love to eat the 12incher myself but I promise that I have all I need over here and no need to fish anywhere else

Come on over and fish our waters and I'll come over there and fish yours. You can even stay at my house.

Xpressboat908
06-05-2009, 07:50 PM
I agree with the 9 plus pounds however show me one of your pictures that you have 15 trout that are an average of 16-17"! Forget about 18-19". Not going to happen. Well I will give you this, if you have 1 out of 20 catches you are lucky! I may not catch as many trout as you but I catch my fair share at the lake and most are 12-14". However, if you want to catch the monsters that are not good to eat BIG/Little Lake is the place to go. I think my new name for the lake defines it well - BIG/Little.

Ducktrickster
06-05-2009, 08:07 PM
What did you catch? Our final tally was a whopping 4 .... that we kept.:D

huntin fool
07-23-2009, 01:05 PM

Salty Check out the HAT!!!

i've never seen this post!

salty...i wear my life jacket when we go offshore, so i threw that bad boy on....it was RUFF

we took water over the front of the boat after this picture!!

huntin fool
07-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I agree with the 9 plus pounds however show me one of your pictures that you have 15 trout that are an average of 16-17"! Forget about 18-19". Not going to happen. Well I will give you this, if you have 1 out of 20 catches you are lucky! I may not catch as many trout as you but I catch my fair share at the lake and most are 12-14". However, if you want to catch the monsters that are not good to eat BIG/Little Lake is the place to go. I think my new name for the lake defines it well - BIG/Little.

here's 30

fun w son
07-23-2009, 01:28 PM

doesn't that mean that they are rite back were they were?????

LaAngler
07-23-2009, 01:31 PM

ummmmm....:confused:

:rotfl:

RaginCagin
07-23-2009, 01:39 PM

I had to think about that for a second but that is pretty funny:rotfl:

"W"
07-23-2009, 01:49 PM

This is an OLD POST.....FOOL must of Bumped it up....

wtretrievers
07-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I was new to Big Lake in Sept Stayed until June. Fished at least 3 times a week. Dude I caught more trout over 16" than my 2 year stay in Venice. I caught very few fish under 14". Not bragging, just stating facts! That place is impressive. It's by no means easy to fish. You have to bust your azz & burn some gas to locate them, but you will be rewarded. Who was it that had the tread "Big lake fishes little" maybe you need to check it out to understand.

huntin fool
07-23-2009, 02:15 PM
This is an OLD POST.....FOOL must of Bumped it up....

as i said earlier waltrip, i had never seen this post...

Hopedale Hustler
07-23-2009, 02:53 PM

so lake P...Bretton Sound...Lake Borgne dont fall under that category..cause i promise you you can boat a 9+ lb. trout any day of the week at any of these places.....

cmdrost
07-23-2009, 02:55 PM
a month and a 1/2 old....right before CCA Shoot Out

huntin fool
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM
so lake P...Bretton Sound...Lake Borgne dont fall under that category..cause i promise you you can boat a 9+ lb. trout any day of the week at any of these places.....

i do agree... i can boat a 9+ lb bass any day of the week on the calc. river....its just i doubt it will happen...

nothing is impossible...just look at our president ;)

SULPHITE
07-23-2009, 03:12 PM
nothing is impossible...just look at our president ;) Today 02:55 PM

Maybe I should've copyrighted that quote!!!???:spineyes:

Jk fool, use away!!

"W"
07-23-2009, 03:28 PM

Lake P...WIll never see 10lb trout again...They rape it over there.....Seen that with own eyes....Keep everything!!!!

ChrisR
07-23-2009, 03:35 PM
i've never seen this post!

salty...i wear my life jacket when we go offshore, so i threw that bad boy on....it was RUFF

we took water over the front of the boat after this picture!!

I remember that day.....:*****::*****::*****:

Ray
07-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I went out today, the weather was perfect, the water was dark green except at the Jettys, brown water there, but I couldn't find any bait or birds except in one place and all I got were small specks, one small flounder and some big croakers.
I went to the Jettys, Long Point, Rabbit Island, upper Grand Bayou and the Washout. I also fished the last weirs to the north. There was hardly any winds, tide going out till about 8:30. Then the tide stopped, the winds stopped, it was like glass.
Then around 9:30 the tide started coming back in and light winds came out of the East. But still no big fish.
I had 4 small keepers, but turned them loose cause it was to much trouble to clean them.
I was throwing LSU eels and could see some small fish following it to the boat, but no bite. So I changed to a clear eel with silver glitter and started catching the lil dinks.

SULPHITE
07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
thanks for the report Ray!

huntin fool
07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
I went out today, the weather was perfect, the water was dark green except at the Jettys, brown water there, but I couldn't find any bait or birds except in one place and all I got were small specks, one small flounder and some big croakers.
I went to the Jettys, Long Point, Rabbit Island, upper Grand Bayou and the Washout. I also fished the last weirs to the north. There was hardly any winds, tide going out till about 8:30. Then the tide stopped, the winds stopped, it was like glass.
Then around 9:30 the tide started coming back in and light winds came out of the East. But still no big fish.
I had 4 small keepers, but turned them loose cause it was to much trouble to clean them.
I was throwing LSU eels and could see some small fish following it to the boat, but no bite. So I changed to a clear eel with silver glitter and started catching the lil dinks.

tide has been pouring out here all morning/all yesterday evening

Hopedale Hustler
07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Lake P...WIll never see 10lb trout again...They rape it over there.....Seen that with own eyes....Keep everything!!!!

i personally know of 4 ten lb. trout taken from lake P ion the past 4 months..i seen one of them with my own eyes...not tryin to start a argument just layin the facts out...i agree y fish elsewhere when u got your bread and butter right there on big lake...im the same way with hopedale....i fish lake p ery now and then but not too often...lake p trophy lake there aint no denying it..sure yall do catch much more 9 and 10 lb. trout each year..but we do catch them here...

Salty
07-23-2009, 07:17 PM
i personally know of 4 ten lb. trout taken from lake P ion the past 4 months..i seen one of them with my own eyes...not tryin to start a argument just layin the facts out...i agree y fish elsewhere when u got your bread and butter right there on big lake...im the same way with hopedale....i fish lake p ery now and then but not too often...lake p trophy lake there aint no denying it..sure yall do catch much more 9 and 10 lb. trout each year..but we do catch them here...

Nobody posted pix of those trout? :confused:

"W"
07-23-2009, 07:33 PM

Im not saying I dont believe you...but its hard for me to believe a 10+ came out of lake P....I mean 4 were caught and not ONE WAS ENTERED IN THE STAR?????????????????????? Just hard to belive!!!

Now WAS IT CHINK!! LMAO

Salty
07-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Im not saying I dont believe you...but its hard for me to believe a 10+ came out of lake P....I mean 4 were caught and not ONE WAS ENTERED IN THE STAR?????????????????????? Just hard to belive!!!

Now WAS IT CHINK!! LMAO

Chink never caught a 10. Supposedly...he caught a 9-fish stringer that weighed over 80 lbs. :shaking:

"W"
07-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Chink never caught a 10. Supposedly...he caught a 9-fish stringer that weighed over 80 lbs. :shaking:

Chink is a Croaker Soaker.....That dont count!!! Not in my books!!!

There has not been a reported double digit trout from Lake P in years!!!! I got this from a very good source....HH...You will have to show some PICS for me to buy that...4 over 10lb!!!

I can prove there were 3 over 10lbs last year caught in Big lake....two were in the sportsman......One on the cover!!!

cmdrost
07-24-2009, 08:19 AM
sorry...I don't buy it either. 4 10 pounders in the last 4 months would have made some news stories somewhere. 9.6 doesn' t count either, can't round up with trophy trout.

jsmoke222000
07-24-2009, 08:20 AM
How is the water looking on Big Lake today?

Gerald
07-24-2009, 09:21 AM
The water at Heber's yesterday [late morning] was very very muddy and I was worry that the lake would be bad. But once out in the lake, the water was not bad [4" to 8" visability].

The farther south you go, it gets to 12" plus.

The lake was glass calm for the first hour or so but by mid afternoon the winds were up to a steady 12 to 15 mph. By 5 PM the winds were felt like near 20 mph and I was really bouncing in my small boat.

There was a big rain storm over by the ship channel.....so I headed North. I found birds twice that held some trout, but mostly dinks.

I caught a 5 dozen limit of crabs, but had to move around some to find a spot where I caught them steady. Took me almost 4 hours.

I only caught 4 keeper trout......but crabs were my gold for the day.

Glow and char.....sand eel jr worked good today. I had lots of good strikes, but they quickly got off.

SULPHITE
07-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Whats the tide doing on BL in afternoons...in our out...strong??

Gerald
07-24-2009, 10:56 AM
At 11 AM it may have been going out slightly....hard to tell.

Early afternoon the water was coming out of Grand Bayou a little.

By 3:30 PM it was coming back into Grand Bayou a little......but the wind had been blowing for a while.

At 5:30 PM, it was coming in good by Fred's Lounge....but the winds were 15+ mph from the south and it had been calm around Noon.

SULPHITE
07-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks Gerald!!

Ray
07-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Gerald, were you the one crabbing at the Grand Bayou weirs in an aluminum boat yesterday?

Ray
07-24-2009, 02:04 PM

And ZERO Ladyfish. That was a first for me this year.

Gerald
07-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Gerald, were you the one crabbing at the Grand Bayou weirs in an aluminum boat yesterday?

Ray....I was at the weir around noon for about 30 minutes.....only boat there because it was slow. I then moved away from the wier looking for more crabs.

Ray
07-24-2009, 06:19 PM
I saw an aluminum boat there when I went in and out.

Salty
07-24-2009, 07:36 PM
sorry...I don't buy it either. 4 10 pounders in the last 4 months would have made some news stories somewhere. 9.6 doesn' t count either, can't round up with trophy trout.

:smokin:

Gerald
07-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Ray.....here is my boat. Is this what you saw?

What time were you at GB thursday?

Ray
07-25-2009, 08:44 PM
That's not it, it was green. I went in around 9:30 or so. Cannot remember when I came out. The guy was crabbing on the outside when I went in and then crabbing on the inside when I came out.

champion
07-27-2009, 08:08 AM
The hat is fine. Make him wear it like a man.......with the bill forward.