PDA

View Full Version : treble hooks

jchief
02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Was going through tackle today and need to replace some trebles on Catch 2000, Top Dogs and Spooks. What do you use and do you have good luck with them?

Thanks

Salty
02-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Gamakatsu EWG

eman
02-12-2010, 07:29 PM
depends on what you want to spend?
I use mustad triple grips .
others use gamagatsu trebles.
Just make sure that whatever hook you choose is comparable in weight and size to what you take off the lure ! A heavier or lighter hook can change the action . Especially on suspending lures.

wtretrievers
02-12-2010, 07:42 PM
depends on what you want to spend?
I use mustad triple grips .
others use gamagatsu trebles.
Just make sure that whatever hook you choose is comparable in weight and size to what you take off the lure ! A heavier or lighter hook can change the action . Especially on suspending lures.:amen:
I changed "one" hook (front hook) on a corky that I broke, same size hook just thinner & less weight, when it sank it would fall tail down.
VMC makes a good hook also, I've used some in a chrome vandium, didn't corrode or rust like the galvanized ones.

jchief
02-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Dang, hadn't thought about weight

Salty
02-13-2010, 12:24 AM
:amen:
I changed "one" hook (front hook) on a corky that I broke, same size hook just thinner & less weight, when it sank it would fall tail down.
VMC makes a good hook also, I've used some in a chrome vandium, didn't corrode or rust like the galvanized ones.

There's that word again. :eek:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

speckdaddy
02-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Dang them corkies

cmdrost
02-15-2010, 10:28 AM
if changing hooks on the above mentioned baits, try the single hooks instead of trebles! More solid hook set and you don't destroy the fish with all those trebles. You will have some of the smaller ones that miss, but that happens anyway with trebles.

Mustad or Gamakatsu live bait hook with split rings in #3 or #4 depending on size of the bait.

eman
02-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Mirro lure ,Sells replacement hooks for all there hard baits . I would think that they would do the same for corkys

Montauk17
02-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Corkys have VMC hooks i think...but I usually use gamakatsu hooks they the sharpest hooks on the market