PDA

View Full Version : Remember D-Day June 6, 1944

coachlaw
06-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Let's all take a special moment at some time today to remember the men who saved the world for us. On June 6th, 1944 Americans, British, and Canadians landed from the skies and on the beaches of Normandy, France. This was the beginning of the end for the Nazi threat to the world's freedom. Having been to the St. Laurent Cemetery above Omaha Beach, I don't have the words to describe the emotions I feel on this day and the deep gratitude I have for the men who fought and died on this particular day 65 years ago. Few experiences in my life have affected me as deeply as seeing those rows and rows of Crosses and Stars of David. God bless these men who risked and gave their lives so freely that we may live as we do. - Sandy

Bluechip
06-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Let's all take a special moment at some time today to remember the men who saved the world for us. On June 6th, 1944 Americans, British, and Canadians landed from the skies and on the beaches of Normandy, France. This was the beginning of the end for the Nazi threat to the world's freedom. Having been to the St. Laurent Cemetery above Omaha Beach, I don't have the words to describe the emotions I feel on this day and the deep gratitude I have for the men who fought and died on this particular day 65 years ago. Few experiences in my life have affected me as deeply as seeing those rows and rows of Crosses and Stars of David. God bless these men who risked and gave their lives so freely that we may live as we do. - Sandy

I will take a moment today in respect of our freedom and the lives that were lost on this day....

Thanks for posting..:flagUS:

RidgeRunner
06-06-2009, 02:11 PM
My grandfather landed on Omaha Beach, those men are the true heros.