PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance HDS

jchief
02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Okay, got an HDS on the boat and looking for a way to put in a bunch of waypoints without sitting in front of the unit in the boat for hours. Is there a program that I can get and put the waypoints on the computer and then load them on the boat unit?

Thanks

longsidelandry
02-15-2010, 09:14 PM
I don't know how big of a display this is but I know on the smaller ones you can connect them to a computer and download things. My old Garmin has a computer plug for it so I'm sure the newer ones do too.

jchief
02-15-2010, 09:21 PM
The HDS 7, the model I am getting, actually has a SD card slot. I have about 100 waypoints written down and need to put them on it when I get it and I also would like to be able to download them to the puter to edit them if at all possible.

I know my handheld Garmin hooks directly to the puter and I use it regularly while deer hunting and tansfer spots to other garmin units.

longsidelandry
02-15-2010, 09:24 PM
If it has a SD slot you should be able to just save waypoints to a card and slap it in there. That's how my handheld is, I download maps and waypoints to a SD card and put it in the GPS.

Wag
02-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Try this...
http://www.easygps.com/gps-receivers/Lowrance-HDS-7m.asp

jchief
02-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks Wag, actually downloaded that one last night. Gonna play with it and see if it works.