PDA

View Full Version : Who uses left handed reels?

jpeff31787
02-17-2010, 08:54 AM
If anyone uses left hand retreive reels, you can get them for CHEAP on ebay!! I saw some brand new curados go for less than 100 bucks. Almost make me want to start using my left hand to reel. Just wanted to let you leftys know.

"W"
02-17-2010, 08:59 AM
If anyone uses left hand retreive reels, you can get them for CHEAP on ebay!! I saw some brand new curados go for less than 100 bucks. Almost make me want to start using my left hand to reel. Just wanted to let you leftys know.

talked about this yesterday..........Just because they say brand new...That dont really mean BRAND NEW........ I was in formed by the Shimano Dealer that these reels going cheep on Ebay are Refurbished reels.... Selling new, Dont get me wrong the reels work but what happens is...... If you buy a reel from Academy and it breaks...You ship back to Shimano and they fix it...well that reel cant be re sold in a Major store like Academy but its still a good reel! So these small companies pick them up half price and sale on Ebay....

So you are getting a second hand reel or Refurbished reel. By Law they can say its brand new because it came from Shimano as a new reel after refurbished

Dink
02-17-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm a righty but use lefty reels.......when I cast, I just start reeling.....none of the switching rod from hand to hand to cast then retrieve.....its easier, and the reels are always cheaper!!!!!

Salty
02-17-2010, 09:41 AM
talked about this yesterday..........Just because they say brand new...That dont really mean BRAND NEW........ I was in formed by the Shimano Dealer that these reels going cheep on Ebay are Refurbished reels.... Selling new, Dont get me wrong the reels work but what happens is...... If you buy a reel from Academy and it breaks...You ship back to Shimano and they fix it...well that reel cant be re sold in a Major store like Academy but its still a good reel! So these small companies pick them up half price and sale on Ebay....

So you are getting a second hand reel or Refurbished reel. By Law they can say its brand new because it came from Shimano as a new reel after refurbished

Were them Corkys new? :eek: :confused: :smokin:

catch.and.fillet
02-17-2010, 10:01 AM
None left that I can see for less than $100.

All "buy now" prices are about $20 cheaper than Academy but you're taking a chance......

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm a righty but use lefty reels.......when I cast, I just start reeling.....none of the switching rod from hand to hand to cast then retrieve.....its easier, and the reels are always cheaper!!!!!
I'm wayyyyyy to uncoordinated to use my left hand to reel

Jordan
02-17-2010, 01:54 PM
ur barely coordinated to cast into 40 mph winds.... i caught a pelican !!!

Dink
02-17-2010, 02:01 PM
It ain't hard. You get used to it in one trip.......do you reel with left hand on a spinning reel? I always did and figured it was an easy jump to baitcasters......I was rigt

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Nope, right hand all the way.

Dink
02-17-2010, 02:03 PM
What do you do on the internet when your right hand is busy working the mouse?? Gotcha there!!!!

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 02:05 PM
What do you do on the internet when your right hand is busy working the mouse?? Gotcha there!!!!
I learned how to work the mouse with my left hand

bay_slayer
02-17-2010, 02:12 PM
I learned how to work the mouse with my left hand

*****:*****::*****::help:

SULPHITE
02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
ppffffffftttttttt!!! ambidextrous???

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 02:47 PM
ppffffffftttttttt!!! ambidextrous???
Nope, just determined! :*****:

Shawn Braquet
02-17-2010, 04:34 PM
wow this convo went south quick barely saw it coming:shaking:

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 04:45 PM
wow this convo went south quick barely saw it coming:shaking:
lol yea you got that right

huntin fool
02-17-2010, 05:23 PM

Is this the case witrh every reel mr. Shimano/ebay rep? NO. Okay, so yes a majority are refurbished, but doesn't mean the on ehe bought is! Go train a monkey or something!!! :smokin:

huntin fool
02-17-2010, 05:24 PM
:*****::*****::cry::*****::*****:

Jordan
02-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Is this the case witrh every reel mr. Shimano/ebay rep? NO. Okay, so yes a majority are refurbished, but doesn't mean the on ehe bought is! Go train a monkey or something!!! :smokin:

get off ur phone and get on a computer fool

huntin fool
02-17-2010, 05:26 PM
get off ur phone and get on a computer fool

im on the computer holmes

Jordan
02-17-2010, 05:31 PM

u type left handed ? :*****:

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 05:32 PM
It's called "W typing"

huntin fool
02-17-2010, 05:37 PM

Yes. In order to pass my classes, you have to type with out looking at the keys...and type "x" amount of words in a minute...This aint no "1" finger at a time deal...

So when i make a typo, its because i dont look :work:

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Yes. In order to pass my classes, you have to type with out looking at the keys...and type "x" amount of words in a minute...This aint no "1" finger at a time deal...

So when i make a typo, its because i dont look :work:
You don't look at the screen either?

huntin fool
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
You don't look at the screen either?

Yes? Im just too lazy to backspace :p

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Yes? Im just too lazy to backspace :p
lol That's about right...:shaking: kids these days

huntin fool
02-17-2010, 05:51 PM
lol That's about right...:shaking: kids these days

Yep. Worst kids...But you'll never forget us. :rolleyes:

Salty
02-17-2010, 07:32 PM

Y'all don't listen to this BS 'cause that's exactly what it is. If you choose to buy from E-bay, just deal with a reputable seller and the only thing you'll get is exactly what you're paying for. I have friends that have bought from them ever since E-bay has been in existence and they've never had a problem. If you are worried about not getting a "new" reel, just ask the seller to have it drop-shipped from Shimano. These people have nothing to hide and you will be more than well pleased with their services.

Listed here are just a few of the more reputable sellers:
ReelSmart Tackle
ReelSeller
SIMMONS SPORTING GOODS
Fisharc

W, stop hammering the good sellers on E-bay. As usual, you don't have a damn clue what you're talkin' about.

catch.and.fillet
02-17-2010, 07:51 PM
It ain't hard. You get used to it in one trip.......do you reel with left hand on a spinning reel? I always did and figured it was an easy jump to baitcasters......I was rigt

x2.

Just got my first baitcaster (Curado 201E7) and it was easy. i debated right vs. left but I didn't wan't to have to switch hands. Prior to spinning reels, I was a Zebco 888 fisherman like back when I was 12 (back during the Nixon years and Tom Dempsey was kicking for the Saints)