PDA

View Full Version : "Module not responding"

Wag
03-08-2010, 12:56 PM
I have a Lowrance lcx15ci, combo gps & deepfinder, been working great until now.... I am getting a "module not responding" code on the unit and it will not aquire my position.....I changed my cranking battery out this year...have checked all the connections and cleaned them.... anybody have a clue or has this happened to you and what did you do???? Just curious before calling Lowrance.

Sea-Trac Offshore
03-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Sounds like antenna module bad. Lowrance had many problems with the antennas over the years. When was the last time you updated the software in the head unit and antenna? Sometimes that will help but it is usually the antenna being fried. If its an lgc1200 or 2000 its probably a gonner.

catch.and.fillet
03-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Had the same problem with my 113C. Checked my wiring under the console and redid it per Ranger. Let dry out overnight and then reconnect using dielectric grease. Updated the firmware and did a hard reset (be sure to write your coords down). After all of this, it was only operating about half the time.

Brought the boat in for warranty work and the dealer figured it out. It was the NMEA connection at the back of the boat where the temp sensor was. I remembered I lost water temp a few weeks before I lost the GPS module. Both work great now.

You do want to check your firmware. That was the first question the dealer asked.

Hope this helps.

Wag
03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Sounds like antenna module bad. Lowrance had many problems with the antennas over the years. When was the last time you updated the software in the head unit and antenna? Sometimes that will help but it is usually the antenna being fried. If its an lgc1200 or 2000 its probably a gonner.

I have the latest update on the software...I'm thinking module probably a gonner too

B-Stealth
03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
GPS antena does not have juice, that has been my experience. The wires for the antenna are tiny, its easy to lose connection.

Wag
03-08-2010, 05:47 PM
GPS antena does not have juice, that has been my experience. The wires for the antenna are tiny, its easy to lose connection.

just talked to Lowrance and they said to test the voltage where the gps module hooks into the unit, that will tell if it is the unit or the module, he said if module probably $100 for replacement.....now have to catch my neighbor for a volt meter.

Sea-Trac Offshore
03-08-2010, 05:53 PM
There are 2 seperate power cords for Lowrance. One for head and other for antenna. Check inline fuse as well.

B-Stealth
03-08-2010, 05:54 PM
I gotchya, good luck.

Wag
03-08-2010, 05:55 PM
There are 2 seperate power cords for Lowrance. One for head and other for antenna. Check inline fuse as well.

Will do....thanks guys