PDA

View Full Version : CURADO CERAMIC vs HYBRED BEARINGS

QUACKHEAD
03-16-2010, 08:24 AM
OK, I'm going to replace the stainless bearings with an upgrade ceramic. I see three different bearings as a replacement. A standard economy type bearing, a ceramic bearing and a hybred bearing which is ceramic and stainless. It is a little more expensive, but with the ceramics at 22.95 and the hybred at 29.95 (not much differance counting the shipping to upgrade) which is the better to go with. These are from Boca Bearing.

http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.aspx?p=showsearchforpage&bc=SK&type=K&cat=rccrossrefguide&pg=5&mfr=123

Any pointers before I order?:confused:

Ceramic Lightning Fishing Reel Bearing kits are intended an upgrade replacement to stock fishing reel bearings. These ABEC #5 bearings have ceramic balls with stainless steel races, retainers and shie

Stainless Steel, Ceramic Hybrid, Orange Sealed bearings are specially designed for any application seeking a high precision, free spinning bearing. These are the true secret weapon for serious rc race

Ducktrickster
03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Orange seal all the way. And the kits only contain the 2 103's that go on the end of the spool. You will have to order the spool bearing separately. Pm me if you need the size.

jchief
03-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Definately interested in how it comes out. Have a couple that probably need bearings soon.