PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Dealers

longsidelandry
03-29-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm looking to buy a new trolling motor for my boat this week and was wondering who would have the best prices and the best service in the Lafayette/New Iberia area. I'll be getting the Riptide.

Gerald
03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm looking to buy a new trolling motor for my boat this week and was wondering who would have the best prices and the best service in the Lafayette/New Iberia area. I'll be getting the Riptide.

I always check Ebay and Amazon and usually find they have very good prices.

Salty
03-29-2010, 12:36 PM

Ross, most of the trolling motor problems posted here are with Minn Kota. There is another option, ya know. :smokin:

Montauk17
03-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Give us a call at the prop shop or on my cell phone.

longsidelandry
03-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Ross, most of the trolling motor problems posted here are with Minn Kota. There is another option, ya know. :smokin:
Yea I know. Is Motor Guide that much better? I'm looking to get something this week so I can have it for this weekend.

wtretrievers
03-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Hand or foot? Academy in Laff had a good selection

Montauk17
03-29-2010, 03:33 PM
They both break....Motorguide does not make a good motor anymore under a 82lb

longsidelandry
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Hand or foot? Academy in Laff had a good selection
I want a hand controlled, not real fond of the foot control motors. I had looked last time I went but didn't see the model I want over there.

longsidelandry
03-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I tried calling you, just sent you a text. So the riptide would be my best bet for a 55 lb thrust?

Salty
03-29-2010, 03:49 PM

:eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

longsidelandry
03-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Done deal, I'm going pick up a Riptide at Academy when I leave work.

all star rod
03-29-2010, 04:11 PM

Salty I can see it now.....you are gonna post a story on how you had to tow someone in (with your motorguide) that was using a Riptide.....:*****:

I have a 80# riptide pro with the lift assist and it is great. Before that, I had a 70# riptide with on issues.

longsidelandry
03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
My main reason for going with the Riptide is because one of my good buddies has this exact motor on his gator tail and it's still running with no problems. He's one of those guys that breaks EVERYTHING he has so when he has something and it hasn't broken yet, I tend to lean towards getting that brand lol.

wtretrievers
03-29-2010, 04:49 PM
If you have to drill any holes call me....I'm reel good at drilling holes in "other peoples boats", especially after a few beers!

Salty
03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Salty I can see it now.....you are gonna post a story on how you had to tow someone in (with your motorguide) that was using a Riptide.....:*****:

I have a 80# riptide pro with the lift assist and it is great. Before that, I had a 70# riptide with on issues.

Not unless you post that the only reason every report of broken trollin' motors here seems to be about Minn Kota is because nobody uses MotorGuide. :smokin:

all star rod
03-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Not unless you post that the only reason every report of broken trollin' motors here seems to be about Minn Kota is because nobody uses MotorGuide. :smokin:

Now you know I would never do something like that!:smokin:

blackmamba
03-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey Ross I have a riptide 70 and like it. Like anything everything has chance of breaking. Some folks act like mercury is the best motor out there but if you drive by a boat repair shop you will see a few sitting outside. Btw I bought mine at superior in Lafayette but I would have bought it at the prop shop if Ida known

huntin fool
03-29-2010, 08:17 PM
My main reason for going with the Riptide is because one of my good buddies has this exact motor on his gator tail and it's still running with no problems. He's one of those guys that breaks EVERYTHING he has so when he has something and it hasn't broken yet, I tend to lean towards getting that brand lol.

i can understand why he went with a gator tail rather than a normal motor, if he breaks stuff easily. :*****:

longsidelandry
03-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey Ross I have a riptide 70 and like it. Like anything everything has chance of breaking. Some folks act like mercury is the best motor out there but if you drive by a boat repair shop you will see a few sitting outside. Btw I bought mine at superior in Lafayette but I would have bought it at the prop shop if Ida known
I went ahead and got the riptide 55. I've been trying different ways of mounting it, I'm gonna get the quick release bracket to mount it on so that I can easily remove it for hunting season.

longsidelandry
03-29-2010, 08:22 PM
i can understand why he went with a gator tail rather than a normal motor, if he breaks stuff easily. :*****:
Yea but the gator tail is just 1 of his 4 boats...

2ndamendment
03-29-2010, 08:58 PM
My Minn Kota Riptide is still going strong after 11 years. Nothing on the Riptide has broken as of yet. I would buy another one.

adamsfence
03-29-2010, 09:17 PM
well my first one lasted about 6 months then problems.....second one is going on 3 months so we will see

longsidelandry
03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Well I just about got the trolling motor installed, I just need to go get some shorter bolts to put on the bracket I'm installing it on. Then I need to wire it up so hopefully tomorrow I can get everything wrapped up. What's the best battery to use? I'm thinking about getting an optima battery. Here's a couple pics how I installed it...

blackmamba
03-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Looks good and yes go optima

longsidelandry
03-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Looks good and yes go optima
Which optima is the best one to go with?