PDA

View Full Version : LDWF agents rescue woman clinging to capsized vessel

Ray
04-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Enforcement Division agents rescued a Loreauville woman clinging to her capsized sailboat just west of Cypremort Point State Park in Iberia Parish on Monday, April 12.
Sgt. Keith Dellahoussaye and Senior Agent Derek were on boat patrol in Vermilion Bay when they spotted a capsized boat two miles west of Cypremort Point State Park.
Upon closer inspection, agents noticed Sheri Patout, 48, holding onto the side of the capsized sailboat. Agents safely retrieved Patout from the water and transported her back to Cypremort Point State Park to be reunited with her husband. She was wearing a personal flotation device.
Patout was suffering from early signs of hypothermia and was exhausted and dehydrated after being in the water for an hour. Agents provided her with water on the ride back to the park and made sure she didn't need any other medical attention.

According to Patout, she left the park and encountered strong winds and rough seas, which caused her 14-foot sail boat to capsize. Her husband grew concerned after losing sight of the sailboat and losing contact with his wife for an hour. He had just reported her to Cypremort Point State Park officials when agents rescued his wife.

Micah
04-14-2010, 03:32 AM
I'm glad she made it out ok, but a 14' sailboat with the winds we have been having is not too smart

longsidelandry
04-14-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm glad she made it out ok, but a 14' sailboat with the winds we have been having is not too smart
No, not smart at all...especially in V. Bay

FF_T_Warren
04-14-2010, 08:11 AM

shoot a 14ft sail boat with these winds, She woulda swamped W's haynie in her wake

JESSE JAMES
04-15-2010, 09:08 PM
glad she's alright.