PDA

View Full Version : Jellystone Park in Robert,LA

Red Devil
04-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Has anyone ever been camping at Jellystone Park in Robert? Doesn't look like there is much to do. Wife wants to take the kids there this summer and I was wondering if this is a good place and if it's worth going.

swamp snorkler
04-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Number one, it's expensive. If you have young kids they have a swimming area for them. Saturday nights they have a dance with a band. Putt putt golf, canoes, paddle boats, fishing ponds without fish, global wildlife is just down the road. We go with my in laws at least twice and a year, my kids go more often than that. I would go, its a decent weekend get away

Red Devil
04-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the info.

longsidelandry
04-26-2010, 12:55 PM
If you go, definately go check out Global Wildlife, the kids will have a blast over there.

fun w son
04-26-2010, 02:03 PM
i was practly born and raised there. we used to leave the camper there year round. lots to do but expensive. i think they are up to 50-55 a night for a camp site.

Asterisk-Rich
04-26-2010, 02:06 PM
I went when I was a kid and I remember having a good time

Ray
04-26-2010, 02:15 PM
We had several company picnic's over there. We didn't use all the facilities, we just ate and drank, but it was kinda nice. There is another one over there too, but I can't remember the name of it.

swamp snorkler
04-26-2010, 04:43 PM
We had several company picnic's over there. We didn't use all the facilities, we just ate and drank, but it was kinda nice. There is another one over there too, but I can't remember the name of it.
hidden pines...... more adult oriented

Jordan
04-26-2010, 04:45 PM
jellystone..... is that the place east of moss bluff ?? Ya take a left at the red light after ya come off the bridge in the bluff ??

Ray
04-26-2010, 04:46 PM
jellystone..... is that the place east of moss bluff ?? Ya take a left at the red light after ya come off the bridge in the bluff ??

Same company, different park. RD was talking about the one in Robert, La., between Hammond and Covington.

Big Flounder
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
We love that place! We go 5 or 6 times a year. It is alittle high but the kids have a great time and you are always surrounded by good people. We go for all the super soaker weekends, swamp pop weekends, halloween and this year we are having my daughters birthday there. They have a water slide that you pay like $10 a day for. That is the only thing that is not free and they can slide all day for that. They have swimming pools, canoing/kayaks, golf, playgrounds, hiking trails, and all kinds of extra activities through out the day for the kids.

Marshrat
04-26-2010, 10:09 PM
We went for 5 days when I bought my camper and really enjoyed it. They usually have something almost every night for the kids. There is a fishing pond but don't expect to catch anything, the grass is overgrown in it. The wildlife place up the road is worth going see.

Like everyone else has said, it is expensive so bring the bank with you.

Warren

fishinpox
04-26-2010, 10:49 PM
guy that works for me goes all the time he brings his camper golf cart ect.. he said his kids love it there

flyphisher
04-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Went about 30 years ago when I was 14 or so. My brother and I got in trouble cuz we jumped out the canoe and started swimming in the non-cement pond, LOL.

TDaigle
04-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Everyone says it is expensive. I find it reasonable considerirng everthing you can do there. My kids have a blast. If you have older kids you will probably not see them most of the day.