PDA

View Full Version : Leftover Crawfish

Ray
04-28-2010, 10:03 PM
I had to go to the Calcasieu Boat Club and the Lake Charles Sail and Power Squadron for a couple of meetings. The SW La. Fishing Club, located between the two, was having a big crawfish boil and had a couple hundred lbs. left over. I hijacked a couple of trays and them thangs were super BIG and super good.
Who ever cooked them did a fantastic job. I am stuffed and miserable.
It's good to be in the right place at the right time. Cudos to the cooks.

catch.and.fillet
04-28-2010, 10:09 PM
I am in Greenville SC about to get hijacked to Moncton, NB tomorrow through the weekend for a project. That means there's a 50% chance that Big Lake weather will clear up for ya'll. Then again, Ray, you're onshore, so maybe not....

Ain't no crawfish in Moncton....but cheap lobster....should've packed me some Tony's seasoning....

Ray
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
should've packed me some Tony's seasoning....

I bring that everywhere I go. They looked at me funny in Salt Lake City and Buffalo, NY when my wife pulls it out of her purse.
I even used it in Waco, Tx. You would figger that far south would season their food with more than salt.

catch.and.fillet
04-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Well I know I can at least get me some Tabasco. Even in Kazhakistan it says "Made in LA"....but it's tough to beat that Tony's.... some years ago, when we were in Denver, Sweetie convinced the manager at Safeway supermarkets to order a case a month....

Dink
04-28-2010, 10:24 PM
With the way you talk about and cook food you should look like Jordan by now.........

meaux fishing
04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
i been to Moncton, NB the lobster there is delicious

Gerald
04-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Many years ago, I went to a vendors crawfish boil but I got there a little late.

After eating a couple of servings and a few beers..........they made an anouncement that was to good to be true. "We still have plenty of crawfish, come get you some more."

After a 3rd trip back to my truck......taking 4 containers each time, I figured I had enough. Later I wish I had make one more trip.....but I had parked kind of far away.