SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   8/5/09 Big Lake Topwater Smash (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1937)

"W" 08-05-2009 06:51 PM

Ray would you mind working all next April and may

drjay 08-05-2009 06:52 PM

Sick trip.

Montauk17 08-05-2009 07:05 PM

Looks like yall had a hell of a trip,I was stuck working.......Maybe one day one of yall can show me around the lake,getting tired of vermillion bay.

jsmoke222000 08-05-2009 07:09 PM

Nice mess of fish! Who are you tagging fish for? How did you get into tagging?

Big Flounder 08-05-2009 07:20 PM

Beautiful catch guys. Fool finally put him on some fish. lol

longcast 08-05-2009 07:24 PM

great catch guys
 
very nice catch.i also caught my first speck on top water last sun.i am going out after work tomorrow.once again very nice catch.congrats on you tourny fool last sat.thanks for the help.:)

Gerald 08-05-2009 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"W".....I had a good day but not as good as yours. Guess I should have followed you when I saw where ya'll were headed.

I started out over near the 8 mile cut. Lots of boats there and most were catching a few trout.....some were small. I caught several 14" to 16" trout near the ship channel. There was almost no tide movement.....but when it did start going out some, it lost the good green color and the bite slowed down.

I went along the south end of the lake.....water was better and I fished several slicks and picked up a few more trout and a good Red. In the afternoon the wind picked up a little and the trout got active. At one time I had 4 trout on the floor of the boat.

I tried Topwater early....but only got a few blowups and no fish. Got a few hits [Lady fish ?] with a catch 2000. I guess I should have tried the Topwater when the trout were hitting in the afternoon.

I kept a limit of trout and released a few more.

"W" 08-05-2009 08:41 PM

Mr. G.... I told FOOL if I knew how to find you or your cell number....I would have call you over...........WE could not buy a trout a sand eel this morning.. all they wanted was topwater......Dont see that very much....It was Awesome

huntin fool 08-05-2009 08:41 PM

i did lose a flounder at the boat aswell :grinpimp:

MallardFish 08-05-2009 08:49 PM

Great catch guys....Damn workin' sux!!!!!!!!!!

adamsfence 08-05-2009 08:50 PM

w you get my text

geauxtigers 08-05-2009 09:19 PM

Nice catch and pics.... probably go out Friday .......depends on how good the beers are going down tomorrow night at a camp I got invited to on the lake by heberts

huntin fool 08-05-2009 09:32 PM

Mr. Gerald nice meeting you this morning, glad you got on some fish....ray how long you at work for???

Gerald 08-05-2009 09:38 PM

It would be very hard to call me.......I am just too oldfashioned, and don't have a cell phone. I saw where you were headed.....were there many boat in that spot early? A little after 7 AM, I counted 16 boats.....and this is Wednesday. Can't imagine how many there would be on a weekend.

I use to have a "bag" phone. That phone would pickup a signal anywhere. I would take it with me hunting and fishing. The antilog signal phones were discontinued about a year ago.

I spent to much time by 9 mile cut today. I should have moved much sooner.

Likewise Fool.......

Ray 08-05-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 29571)
ray how long you at work for???

2 weeks.:pissed:

"W" 08-05-2009 09:48 PM

Mr G!! We did not have a boat in site of us this morning!!!! The whole area to our selves!!!! We had on guide boat swing by but he did not stop!!!

Deadly D 08-05-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtretrievers (Post 29462)
Good Job guys!
Fool are you starting to notice a trend with that shirt!!!!!!!!!

W & DD I may coming that way in a week or two to pick up my camper. I need a trip!!!!!!!!!

Oh & Fool your Life jacket is still in my truck. Will drop it off when I come.

Just give me a call buddy and its on for you.:)

Gerald 08-05-2009 09:56 PM

I might have to go again soon........after I recover from the beating of the sun and heat today.

Did you ever see my white/blue umbrella. Without some shade, I would have been going in before Noon?

Deadly D 08-05-2009 09:56 PM

good catch guys. Got to love that topwater hu.Fool whats that picture with the sand eel. :spineyes:

huntin fool 08-05-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 29585)
good catch guys. Got to love that topwater hu.Fool whats that picture with the sand eel. :spineyes:



caught and tagged 32 fish all on eels.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted