SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   stick'em'rods (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62011)

B-Stealth 10-14-2015 04:44 PM

Dude y'all are crazy, ease up on jL8200.
Mass produced rod makers and custom rod makers don't have the same warranties.
It's the rod builders choice to determine their warranty; jL8200 was simply returning a broken rod which was covered in the warranty.

IMO- When you buy a rod with a no questions asked return policy your buying at least 1.5 rods with your original purchase price.
They cover the cost up front by inflating the purchase price; and that's why custom rod builders are more bang for buck.

Duck Butter 10-14-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 775897)
Dude y'all are crazy, ease up on jL8200.
Mass produced rod makers and custom rod makers don't have the same warranties.
It's the rod builders choice to determine their warranty; jL8200 was simply returning a broken rod which was covered in the warranty.

IMO- When you buy a rod with a no questions asked return policy your buying at least 1.5 rods with your original purchase price.
They cover the cost up front by inflating the purchase price; and that's why custom rod builders are more bang for buck.

Just because you CAN return it doesn't mean you should. Unless you are a democrat

redaddiction 10-14-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 775897)
Dude y'all are crazy, ease up on jL8200.
Mass produced rod makers and custom rod makers don't have the same warranties.
It's the rod builders choice to determine their warranty; jL8200 was simply returning a broken rod which was covered in the warranty.

IMO- When you buy a rod with a no questions asked return policy your buying at least 1.5 rods with your original purchase price.
They cover the cost up front by inflating the purchase price; and that's why custom rod builders are more bang for buck.


I'm pretty sure warranties say "manufacturer defect" and not lie about how you broke it defect.

Because it you tell the manager at academy you ran over it, it won't get replaced.

BassYakR 10-14-2015 05:12 PM

Guess imma bad guy for swapping out my Lews reels every couple years at Academy? lol

AubreyLaHaye458 10-14-2015 05:14 PM

Academy never asked me what happened. They just take em and give me my store credit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-Stealth 10-14-2015 05:36 PM

Did I miss the memo for Self Righteous Wednesday?
Everybody picking on poor old Academy; I sure hope they make it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Academy sells custom built rods; they sell overpriced mass produced rods that have warranties designed to lure in customers wanting a one time rod purchase.

jl8200 10-14-2015 07:28 PM

When I return a rod to Academy I don't tell them anything. I don't try to explain and they don't ask. I take the money they just gave me and re-invest it in the store. So as long as they don't see and issue with their return policy then neither do I. So you idealistic folks can just go buy rods from wherever and pay to buy another when you break it or it happens to break.

bayouchub 10-14-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 775898)
Just because you CAN return it doesn't mean you should. Unless you are a democrat

Exactly. Its not worth arguing over. Its one of those things that you either understand or you dont and those who dont never will.

specknation 10-15-2015 12:14 AM

All this talk makes me want to take a
Duce

youmyboyblue 10-15-2015 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayouchub (Post 775925)
Exactly. Its not worth arguing over. Its one of those things that you either understand or you dont and those who dont never will.

Couldn't agree me.

RigRatNoMeaux 10-16-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specknation (Post 775944)
All this talk makes me want to take a
Duce

Excuse me.

Clampy 10-17-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisD (Post 775830)
I have a sarge wingman paired with a core that I laid on the front deck yesterday while trying to net someone's fish ( which I never do ) I looked back and my rod goes flying over the side at 30 mph. I was just about to start crying and I see the rod floating about 20 yds in front the boat. I troll up to grab it and Ive still got an impressive gaftop on the other end. I get the beautiful specimen in the boat and beat her lifeless and continue on with my day.

I guess what I'm getting at is do all the sarge custom rods float or did I just get real lucky?

Which you never do huh ??? Ok

smooth move 10-17-2015 08:27 AM

i have an older stick em rod that the eyes were starting to break. i had RR rods put black recoil eyes and all black thread because i liked the rod so much. cost me another $100, but i have a great rod. think i paid $79 for it originally. one of their first. the original eyes lasted at least 10 yrs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted