SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Deer Season (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12477)

RaginCagin 07-20-2010 08:58 AM

Hey specktator need a huntin partner:). Awesome deer.

LaAngler 07-20-2010 09:11 AM

them pics get me goin too!

Red Devil 07-20-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whunter29 (Post 179590)
Hey red devil I am waiting on you to go to the camp. I am going back up there in a couple of weekends to clear shooting lanes. I will cut your shooting lanes for you. I just have to have the bushhog on my tractor. I had the disk when I went up last trip and I planted some late soybeans to see what would eat them. As you all can tell I am pumped.

That'll work since I laid my tractor over in a ditch and it's out of commision. Cheaper than spraying too. Bring plenty of cold ones. LMAO

Montauk17 07-20-2010 09:21 AM

Heading to da camp in north la to do some bushhoggin and trim shooting lanes this weekend. Plan on bringing my rifle,hopefully can shoot a hog or two.

specktator 07-20-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaginCagin (Post 179592)
Hey specktator need a huntin partner:). Awesome deer.

Maybe so. lol Man i have not even come close to seeing any of these deer. The guy that owns the property next to mine told me last year that he quit hanging his cameras b/c the monster bucks he sees on them drive him nuts. On this piece of property, we usually get 1 nice buck a year, nothing like the ones pictured though. I am a big duck hunter. I deer hunted almost every weekend when i was a kid and just kinda got sick of it I guess. But I bow hunt very hard during October, b/c I can't duck hunt. Bow season, IMO, is the best time to get a shot on that big boy. No one has been in the woods in months, besides me 2 or 3 times filling feeders, hangin bow stands, and checking cameras. The deer have no clue you are there. On this place, once rifle season opens, the deer scatter. I have seen very nice bucks the last few years opening weekend of bow season. I am gonna hang some cameras pretty soon and I will post some pics to get yall a little more fired up!

RaginCagin 07-20-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 179610)
Maybe so. lol Man i have not even come close to seeing any of these deer. The guy that owns the property next to mine told me last year that he quit hanging his cameras b/c the monster bucks he sees on them drive him nuts. On this piece of property, we usually get 1 nice buck a year, nothing like the ones pictured though. I am a big duck hunter. I deer hunted almost every weekend when i was a kid and just kinda got sick of it I guess. But I bow hunt very hard during October, b/c I can't duck hunt. Bow season, IMO, is the best time to get a shot on that big boy. No one has been in the woods in months, besides me 2 or 3 times filling feeders, hangin bow stands, and checking cameras. The deer have no clue you are there. On this place, once rifle season opens, the deer scatter. I have seen very nice bucks the last few years opening weekend of bow season. I am gonna hang some cameras pretty soon and I will post some pics to get yall a little more fired up!

I here ya on getting the big ones. Me and a buddy on my lease had 4 deer last year that would go between 125" and 140" on camera almost every night. It caused me to hunt the same spot way to much imo. One of the big bucks we had on camera was killed it was the bottom right pic. I posted on here it was a 129" 8 point weight 242 lbs.. Before I started putting out cameras 2 years ago I moved around alot and killed alot better deer and that is what i will be doing again this year.

specktator 07-20-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaginCagin (Post 179614)
I here ya on getting the big ones. Me and a buddy on my lease had 4 deer last year that would go between 125" and 140" on camera almost every night. It caused me to hunt the same spot way to much imo. One of the big bucks we had on camera was killed it was the bottom right pic. I posted on here it was a 129" 8 point weight 242 lbs.. Before I started putting out cameras 2 years ago I moved around alot and killed alot better deer and that is what i will be doing again this year.

Exactly. I would find a new area, say to myself this is where I am gonna bow hunt, hang a camera. But i have a few cameras! LOL So i will just throw the other ones up in different areas just to see what happens. And the biggest deer always show up on the spot I want to hunt the least. But I would move there anyway. Then I will be sitting in that stand not seeing anything saying to myself, i should have just stayed put! Those cameras are the devil! That's y I dont use them much anymore.

RaginCagin 07-20-2010 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got some new reflective arrow wraps made for our hunting group this year, I thought they came out pretty good.

Red Devil 07-20-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaginCagin (Post 179655)
Got some new reflective arrow wraps made for our hunting group this year, I thought they came out pretty good.

Dude, those are bad arse.

Montauk17 07-20-2010 01:15 PM

Saw your post on bayou bucks,very nice!

Feesherman 07-20-2010 02:53 PM

Man I am itching to go bad. Going to da lease on Friday to do a little work and then hitting Clear Creek on Saturday for some more scouting. I am also on Bayou Bucks and I will be there for the bow opener. I am Duckologist over there.

RaginCagin 07-20-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 179695)
Man I am itching to go bad. Going to da lease on Friday to do a little work and then hitting Clear Creek on Saturday for some more scouting. I am also on Bayou Bucks and I will be there for the bow opener. I am Duckologist over there.

Cool, didnt realize that was your screen name on there.

Shawn Braquet 07-21-2010 06:45 PM

ya'll can keep the deer, i just hunt them till duck season, planted iron clay peas 2 weeks ago, going to the duck lease in vinton this weekend then maybe 2 weeks from now i'll hit the johnson bayou lease duck leases that is deer lease is in ragley

longsidelandry 07-21-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaginCagin (Post 179655)

Boy those sure would look good on my arrows :D

Montauk17 07-21-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 180076)
ya'll can keep the deer, i just hunt them till duck season, planted iron clay peas 2 weeks ago, going to the duck lease in vinton this weekend then maybe 2 weeks from now i'll hit the johnson bayou lease duck leases that is deer lease is in ragley

Wow...sounds like you got a killer setup

jpeff31787 07-22-2010 08:24 AM

dude can't wait..
then all you a-holes can get off my water lmao!

Is it October YET? 07-22-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 180217)
dude can't wait..
then all you a-holes can get off my water lmao!

Fishing is for those that don't know how to hunt!:)

Red Devil 07-22-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Is it October YET? (Post 180231)

OUCH!!!!!!!!!

longsidelandry 07-22-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

hahahahaha :*****:

Gerald 07-22-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

I hunt fairly hard [use to hunt a lot more] and go fishing because I enjoy being out on the water.

IMHO.....very good at both.