SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Lacassine 6-17 No bass but... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32683)

Lake Chuck Duck 06-17-2012 02:48 PM

Lacassine 6-17 No bass but...

3 Attachment(s)
Hit lac-a-fish with the pops (BigChaf) for a fathers day trip. No bass but this big guy hammered his fluke right at the boat and the fight was on! Heard of them being caught their before but never saw it.

Red Devil 06-17-2012 02:57 PM

That's awesome. I bet he freaked when that thing hit!

Hydro 06-17-2012 02:59 PM

What a pretty redfish, the color looks like a new penny !

Hydro

Top Dawg 06-17-2012 03:01 PM

Awesome

PaulMyers 06-17-2012 03:14 PM

Those reds sure look nice when they come out of that clear water.

Good job taking your dad.

Marshrat 06-17-2012 03:14 PM

Was this in the pool or outside?

Warren

mrex 06-17-2012 03:57 PM

Beautiful fish

LPfishnTIM 06-17-2012 05:11 PM

Purty Red!

BigChaf 06-17-2012 05:20 PM

The question I have, is a saltwter license required to catch a redfish in a closed freshwater compound? I must say that was unexpected fight in the pool.

shellman 06-17-2012 05:22 PM

Nice fish

"W" 06-17-2012 05:23 PM

I bet that sucker been smashing on those fingering bass

mrex 06-17-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 448938)
I bet that sucker been smashing on those fingering bass

:cry: (LOL)

Marshrat 06-17-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChaf (Post 448936)
The question I have, is a saltwter license required to catch a redfish in a closed freshwater compound? I must say that was unexpected fight in the pool.

If I am not mistaken, you don't need to have a saltwater license to possess a saltwater fish. You only need a saltwater license if you are in a saltwater zone.

Warren

Lake Chuck Duck 06-17-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshrat (Post 448909)
Was this in the pool or outside?

Warren

Yeah we were inside the pool.

Lake Chuck Duck 06-17-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 448902)
That's awesome. I bet he freaked when that thing hit!

We both did! We were about to move so I had already set my pole down and was watching him real in. When it hit I grabbed the net and started trolling after it lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro (Post 448903)
What a pretty redfish, the color looks like a new penny !

Hydro

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 448908)
Those reds sure look nice when they come out of that clear water.

Good job taking your dad.

that fish was beautiful running around that clear fresh water. I imagine he has been there a while. Pretty color.

BigChaf 06-17-2012 09:33 PM

Has anyone heard of any redfish catches in the Lacassine Pool?

huntin fool 06-17-2012 09:48 PM

When the crabs got thick in there had a few people that I knew catch reds. Pretty fish

1fastmerc 06-17-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChaf (Post 449027)

Yup. I've never caught one but heard of people catching em. Two yrs ago I filled a 100qt ice chest with the biggest prettiest blue crabs you would ever see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulMyers 06-17-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChaf (Post 449027)

Blake and I caught several reds in there 2 summers ago.

MathGeek 06-17-2012 11:24 PM

There are a couple of freshwater lakes in TX that are intentionally stocked with redfish.

Shallow Runner 06-17-2012 11:34 PM

I hooked on to one about 2 years back. I thought I had the new pool record till I got him to the boat. It was about a 5-6 pound red. Anybody that fishes for both knows what I'm talking about. Man those reds pull.

Feesherman 06-18-2012 05:35 PM

Man that dad of yours aint gettin no better looking. :D

Lake Chuck Duck 06-18-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 449359)

Hhahahahahaha

BigChaf 06-19-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 449359)

Not bad coming from one ugly sum beach to another, have a great day fman.

silvercarp 06-19-2012 09:06 AM

If you possess a saltwater fish, you need a saltwater license. You can fish in the saltwater zone for freshwater fish only without a saltwater license if you don't keep any saltwater fish.

Marshrat 06-19-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvercarp (Post 449573)
You can fish in the saltwater zone for freshwater fish only without a saltwater license if you don't keep any saltwater fish.

This statement is not correct. If you are fishing in a saltwater zone, you must have a saltwater license in your possession.

Warren

silvercarp 06-19-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshrat (Post 449638)
This statement is not correct. If you are fishing in a saltwater zone, you must have a saltwater license in your possession.

Warren

No. You do not.

Here is the law. You can look it up.

Title 56
Wildlife and Fisheries
Chapter 1. General Provisions for Wildlife and Fisheries
Part VI. Fishing and Fish Industry Licensing
Subpart B. Recreational Fishermen
Paragraph 302.1
C. (4)
(4) The saltwater license must be purchased and the fee paid irrespective of any agreement or provision of law not specifically waiving the license or fee. The required saltwater angling license shall not preclude a person from fishing for freshwater species of fish south of the designated saltwater line described in R.S. 56:322(A) or in saltwater lakes and bodies of water designated in R.S. 56:322(B). A person may take or possess in such designated saltwater areas, without a saltwater angling license, any freshwater species of fish in any number not otherwise prohibited by law, provided the person possesses a valid fishing license as otherwise required by law. For the purpose of enforcement, the department shall determine by rule which species of fish shall be classified as a freshwater species and which shall be classified as a saltwater species. Any person, without a valid saltwater angling license, that takes a saltwater species of fish as classified by the department from a designated saltwater area shall return such fish immediately to the waters from which taken without avoidable injury. An enforcement agent or officer of the department may inspect a fisherman's catch to insure compliance with this Paragraph.

silvercarp 06-19-2012 02:05 PM

In case you are wondering how I found this law. Here is how.

Type or copy and paste this link into your internet browser address bar.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/

Look up at the top of the blue column for a link to "Louisiana Laws". Or just hit this link. http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/tsrssearch.htm

Put a check in the box next to the wording in red letters that says "All of the above".

Type what you want to search for in the blank and hit the "Search" button.

Much better than the pamphlets as this is the actual laws and does not come with a disclaimer.

Marshrat 06-19-2012 02:11 PM

I have always been asked for a saltwater license when fishing in saltwater areas even though I was targeting freshwater catfish. Was told that I needed the saltwater license no matter what I was fishing for.

silvercarp 06-19-2012 02:24 PM

Title 56 is very big. I don't expect the game warden to know every little law in the book. I would print out a copy of the law and show it to the next one that tells you that. After you show him your saltwater license. Then ask him why he said you needed one.
Of course, common sense says that if you are fishing in a saltwater area, there is a chance you might catch a saltwater fish and you are going to want to keep it. You would probably be better off having the saltwater license anyway just in case. It would be a shame to have to throw back a good red or flounder because you only have a freshwater license.
After all, it's only a few dollars for 365 days of fishing.

Lake Chuck Duck 06-19-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvercarp (Post 449709)
Title 56 is very big. I don't expect the game warden to know every little law in the book. I would print out a copy of the law and show it to the next one that tells you that. After you show him your saltwater license. Then ask him why he said you needed one.
Of course, common sense says that if you are fishing in a saltwater area, there is a chance you might catch a saltwater fish and you are going to want to keep it. You would probably be better off having the saltwater license anyway just in case. It would be a shame to have to throw back a good red or flounder because you only have a freshwater license.
After all, it's only a few dollars for 365 days of fishing.

Or just pay the 5 dollars or whatever extra and add saltwater to your basic fishing license, then dont worry about this and that. Everyone knows the more you question a game warden the more they will try to find something to right a ticket about. Yes sir...No Sir...Thank You.....Have a nice day.

cmcnabb 06-19-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshrat (Post 449701)
I have always been asked for a saltwater license when fishing in saltwater areas even though I was targeting freshwater catfish. Was told that I needed the saltwater license no matter what I was fishing for.

Same here

Marshrat 06-19-2012 04:33 PM

I have a lifetime license so I am not worried about it, but fishing down the river in Venice where I used to work the LDWF always asked to see saltwater license before anything else. I am glad you posted the link to the actual laws, I am going to save the link.

Warren

silvercarp 06-19-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 449712)
Or just pay the 5 dollars or whatever extra and add saltwater to your basic fishing license, then dont worry about this and that. Everyone knows the more you question a game warden the more they will try to find something to right a ticket about. Yes sir...No Sir...Thank You.....Have a nice day.

Yes. That is what I actually said if you read my entire post. I'm just curious about what they might have to say.:)

Lake Chuck Duck 06-19-2012 05:01 PM

I read it. Was just sayin.

Feesherman 06-19-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChaf (Post 449547)
Not bad coming from one ugly sum beach to another, have a great day fman.

:D:D:D