SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 SaltyCajun.com Trout Shootout (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   UPDATED: Tournament Rules (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6288)

ShadMan 12-23-2009 08:48 PM

UPDATED: Tournament Rules

1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violations will result in disqualification of the entire team.
2. A maximum of three (3) anglers per team. Entry fee is $30 per boat and per two(2) man kayak team.
3. Fishing hours will begin at safe boating hours on March 13, 2010 and contestants must be in the weigh-in line at Calcasieu Point Marina by 2:00PM. Any team not in line by 2PM will be disqualified. Weigh-in begins at 12:00PM and closes at 2:30PM.
4. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
5. No fish may be accepted from or given to another team.
6. Boat, Wade, or Kayak fishing are all permitted within the stated boundaries.
7. Heaviest LEGAL 3-trout stringer will win.
8. Boundaries: Participants may fish anywhere in Lake Calcasieu or its tributaries.
9. All participants will be subject to polygraph testing if the need shall arise
10. In case of a tie, total length of the 3 trout stringer will determine the winner.
11. All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL
12. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
13. There will be a cash payout equivalent to 50% of the entry fees collected to the heaviest 3-trout stringer. The remaining 50% of entry fees collected and any other revenue (raffles, auction, donation, etc.) will go to Children's Brain Tumor Research Foundation.
14. Side Pot: (Optional) - $5 per angler, largest trash fish to consist of any inshore species other than trout, redfish, and flounder. Side pot will have a 100% payout of monies collected.
15. Pot winners will be announced at 3:00PM.
16. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED
17. Official launch will be at Calcasieu Point Landing. All entrants must be at launch site to sign in for tournament and await "shotgun" start, but may leave and launch elsewhere if they wish.

Big Flounder 12-23-2009 08:54 PM

sounds good to me. I am ready

Deadly D 12-23-2009 09:13 PM

Looks good to me. Lets go have some fun

"W" 12-23-2009 09:22 PM

Also... Who ever wants to weight in a fish alive we will be there at 9am to weight them....you can only weight one fish per person alive.... Everyone who weights there fish alive to be released will get a chance for a 200E7 Curado with a Falcon rod.... Your fish will be weighted tagged recorded and released.....you can continue to fish with your team but your live fish weight counts as 1 of your 3

All 3 of your fish can be weight alive if just two on a team one guy will weight two

Fishmaster 12-23-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 94397)
1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violations will result in disqualification of the entire team.
2. A maximum of three (3) anglers per team. Entry fee is $30 per boat and per two(2) man kayak team.
3. Fishing hours will begin at safe boating hours on March 13, 2010 and contestants must be in the weigh-in line at Calcasieu Point Marina by 2:00PM. Any team not in line by 2PM will be disqualified. Weigh-in begins at 12:00PM and closes at 2:30PM.
8. Boundaries: Participants may fish anywhere in Lake Calcasieu or its tributaries.
9. All participants will be subject to polygraph testing if the need shall arise
10. In case of a tie, total length of the 3 trout stringer will determine the winner.
12. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
13. There will be a cash payout equivalent to 50% of the entry fees collected to the heaviest 3-trout stringer. The remaining 50% of entry fees collected and any other revenue (raffles, auction, donation, etc.) will go to Children's Brain Tumor Research Foundation.
14. Side Pot: (Optional) - $5 per angler, largest trash fish to consist of any inshore species other than trout, redfish, and flounder. Side pot will have a 100% payout of monies collected.
16. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED
17. Official launch will be at Calcasieu Point Landing. All entrants must be at launch site to sign in for tournament and await "shotgun" start, but may leave and launch elsewhere if they wish.

9. All participants will be subject to polygraph testing if the need shall arise :eek: :*****:

LaAngler 12-24-2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 94423)
Also... Who ever wants to weight in a fish alive we will be there at 9am to weight them....you can only weight one fish per person alive.... Everyone who weights there fish alive to be released will get a chance for a 200E7 Curado with a Falcon rod.... Your fish will be weighted tagged recorded and released.....you can continue to fish with your team but your live fish weight counts as 1 of your 3

All 3 of your fish can be weight alive if just two on a team one guy will weight two

it's weigh, WEIGH :pissed:

speckdaddy 12-24-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaster (Post 94429)
9. All participants will be subject to polygraph testing if the need shall arise :eek: :*****:

thats in case waltrip brings in a 2 pound trout, cause he dont catch em that big:*****:

speckdaddy 12-24-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 94465)
it's weigh, WEIGH :pissed:

:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:

jpeff31787 12-24-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 94397)

so is it a one man takes all thing??

mikedatiger 12-24-2009 01:59 PM

Top 2 teams (heaviest 3 trout stringer) get paid.

2 individual anglers who catch the 2 largest trout respectively, get custom BillyStix rods.

There will be great raffle prizes as well.

Reverend Redfish 12-29-2009 02:47 PM

The Rev Will be there!

Dink 12-29-2009 04:23 PM

Uh oh.......here come the croacker soakers.....didn't notice e before, I was hoping to see "no live bait" in them rules

eman 12-29-2009 04:36 PM

Hmmmm

Hey my brother Dink,
Hope in one hand and **** in the other LMAO!
I'm going to wade and use croakers .:eek::eek::eek:

LaAngler 01-04-2010 02:14 PM

All entrants must be at launch site to sign in for tournament and await "shotgun" start, but may leave and launch elsewhere if they wish.

can the few of us who rented a camp at heberts just leave from there?

Ray 01-04-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 97471)
All entrants must be at launch site to sign in for tournament and await "shotgun" start, but may leave and launch elsewhere if they wish.

:shaking::shaking::shaking: That ain't what the rules say. :shaking::shaking::shaking:

longsidelandry 01-04-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 97471)

I think you're going to have to lauch there then go to Cal Pt by boat for the start.

Ray 01-04-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 97476)
I think you're going to have to lauch there then go to Cal Pt by boat for the start.

True, true...

Don't be cheap, burnt dat gas.

huntin fool 01-04-2010 04:20 PM

Yall drive in your automobile to calc.point and launch at calc point.

Quit trying to get around the rules bruce! :p

LaAngler 01-04-2010 10:29 PM

i'm fishing out of heberts if i'm stayin there, whether i enter tourny or not

"W" 01-04-2010 10:30 PM

Im lauching at HEBERTS But will drive my boat to Cal Point for the Start and Check in.

QUACKHEAD 01-04-2010 10:42 PM

Dang, seems pretty simple to me. launch wherever. Go to Cal point, tie off boat, sign in, meet and greet for awhile go to boat and wait for shotgun bang, then head for the weirs.

QUACKHEAD 01-04-2010 10:47 PM

I am probley going to launch at Ellenders Bridge and cut across to Cal. Point. Sign in, Pay fees and wait on the BOOM STICK and safely head out. That's legal aint it??

huntin fool 01-04-2010 10:55 PM

I guess we can do it like this. But in all my tourneys that require you to sign up that day, if you are planning on launching else where, you show up to sign in, and when we say go, you get in truck and drive to your launch. If allowing to launch elsewhere before sign in, people get to see water color, tides, wind, etc.

We'll talk it over.

LaAngler 01-05-2010 12:16 AM

i was just being difficult fool, i'll check in

Gerald 01-05-2010 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 97797)
Im lauching at HEBERTS But will drive my boat to Cal Point for the Start and Check in.

How long will that take you to get there???? About 7 minutes in that new boat?????

Jordan 01-05-2010 09:54 AM

4 minutes 28 seconds !!

QUACKHEAD 01-05-2010 02:01 PM

What ever the rules are I'll be true to them. I don't know anything about Cal Point but I guess I'll find out. It sounds like there is going to be a lot of folks there filling the parking area, not only with the trailers and trucks but vehicles carrying fishermen without boats, spectators, sponcers, visitors that just want to see the catches. There are a lot of guys coming to fish that are not familiar with the lake. There will also be the regular locals coming out to launch as well.
Is there a launch charge at Cal Point. If we know what it is we can have the correct amount on hand to help speed the process. Huntin fool, I'll wait for you and Speckdaddy to rule on this issue. I will probley fish Friday so I can find these locations and also find the clear water.

Shawn Braquet 01-05-2010 02:05 PM

no charge at cal point

QUACKHEAD 01-05-2010 02:08 PM

Thanks Shawn.

"W" 01-05-2010 02:50 PM

I dont see a problem with driving your boat to Cal Point as long as you get out and check in with Fool and Speckdaddy....but we will ask once you dock to hang out in the middle or side to let guys who need to check in sign up

LaAngler 01-05-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUACKHEAD (Post 98036)
It sounds like there is going to be a lot of folks there filling the parking area, not only with the trailers and trucks but vehicles carrying fishermen without boats, spectators, sponcers, visitors that just want to see the catches.

the launch/parking area can probably handle 200 boat/trailers, dock can handle at least 10+

fishinpox 01-05-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 97852)
i was just being difficult fool, i'll check in

atta boy ....deep breath!!!!

catch.and.fillet 01-05-2010 07:18 PM

I'll be launching at Ellender's and motoring over. I'll hang out wherever...

speckdaddy 01-05-2010 08:01 PM

guys, no problems i can see with launchin and motorin over to the official launch site.but, you must register and stay in launch area to await start.any guys haulin tail before will be disqualified.we are tryin ta keep it simple and easy as long as noone tries ta camp out on a hole or someones spot.lets get it on guys!!

"W" 01-05-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speckdaddy (Post 98203)
guys, no problems i can see with launchin and motorin over to the official launch site.but, you must register and stay in launch area to await start.any guys haulin tail before will be disqualified.we are tryin ta keep it simple and easy as long as noone tries ta camp out on a hole or someones spot.lets get it on guys!!

YEP///// Everyone must ......I MEAN MUST CHECK IN to at Cal POINT AN WAIT WITH OTHERS!!! .....You have to check in with you or fool

speckdaddy 01-05-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 98205)
YEP///// Everyone must ......I MEAN MUST CHECK IN to at Cal POINT AN WAIT WITH OTHERS!!! .....You have to check in with you or fool

yessir, noone can prepay for the tourney, thats why i want everyone ta pay at the launch,that way i get ya name and you are ready for the start.itll be a lil hectic checkin everyone in, but we have a great buncha guys and we are gonna kick arse for this tourney.times gettin short, whos gonna pull in the biggest trout???? huh??? who?????:D

Country Boy 01-05-2010 08:15 PM

waders will get the biggest trout

ShadMan 01-05-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speckdaddy (Post 98207)
yessir, noone can prepay for the tourney, thats why i want everyone ta pay at the launch,that way i get ya name and you are ready for the start.itll be a lil hectic checkin everyone in, but we have a great buncha guys and we are gonna kick arse for this tourney.times gettin short, whos gonna pull in the biggest trout???? huh??? who?????:D

Hey, bro...I'm working on getting a credit card processing contract set up currently. Assuming it gets set up in the next month or so, I can take credit card payments for entries in advance. That would save y'all a helluva lot of pain on tourney day. ;)

They'd still have to checkin at Cal Point on tourney day to get their entry number, wristband, or whatever to prove they are in the tourney.

catch.and.fillet 01-05-2010 08:17 PM

True dat

speckdaddy 01-05-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 98216)
Hey, bro...I'm working on getting a credit card processing contract set up currently. Assuming it gets set up in the next month or so, I can take credit card payments for entries in advance. That would save y'all a helluva lot of pain on tourney day. ;)

They'd still have to checkin at Cal Point on tourney day to get their entry number, wristband, or whatever to prove they are in the tourney.

doesnt sound too bad.when ya get it up and runnin, lets all have a talk,me,fool,micah,and w, and see if this will be the way ta go.thanks for the help..speckdaddy

"W" 01-05-2010 08:25 PM

have a few guys that want to pay with Foodstamps??? Speck you taking those?

catch.and.fillet 01-05-2010 08:27 PM

SC Cash! Never leave the launch witoutit!

longcast 01-05-2010 08:36 PM

i cant wait.i will be there for sure.

bay_slayer 01-05-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 98222)
have a few guys that want to pay with Foodstamps??? Speck you taking those?

You takin WIC?

Red Devil 01-06-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 98302)
You takin WIC?

:*****::*****::*****::rolleyes:

longsidelandry 01-06-2010 09:03 AM

Will ya'll have some sort of paper we need to fill out with team members, team name, type of boat...Just a thought but that may also help out a bit with keeping track of who's signed up.

speckdaddy 01-06-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 98387)
Will ya'll have some sort of paper we need to fill out with team members, team name, type of boat...Just a thought but that may also help out a bit with keeping track of who's signed up.

yeah we will, we are actually waitin and tryin new forms and such for the sign in.i may even try ta get sum arm bands if they are available,we arent tryin ta make this hard on anyone, so we will letcha guys know what we come up with. keep the questions and comments comin guys, we need em!!!!:grinpimp:

Reel Bender 01-06-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 94423)

This must be a La. or W thing can someone decipher.

Sounds to me like If I throw in a few dollars they going to stuff some weights in my fish!!!!!:D

evis102 01-23-2010 11:45 AM

My fishing partner guides part time during the summer. Will it be a problem if he is on my team?

huntin fool 01-23-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evis102 (Post 105233)
My fishing partner guides part time during the summer. Will it be a problem if he is on my team?

shouldn't be a problem