View Single Post
  #4  
Old 01-21-2010, 06:45 PM
fishinpox's Avatar
fishinpox fishinpox is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: baton rouge
Posts: 8,470
Cash: 5,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Now that I have your attention.....I need some help.

I'm refinishing a cedar chest that belonged to my wife's grandmother that is almost 100 years old. I'm not sure if the trim is brass or copper. You can see the bands and their placement in the attached pics. While removing the bands, I broke several of the tacks that held it in place.

Question:

Is anybody aware of a website where I can replace these tacks? Also, can you tell from the pics if this trim is copper or brass? What is a good cleaner to bring the bands back to their initial finish?

Thanks for any help.
if they are copper nails or tacks i can get em for you the brass one can be found at home depot, if they are brass and its tarnished leave it alone the natural patina is what you want if you change it the value will go down email me somr pics
Reply With Quote