Thread: Weirs........
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 05:16 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

[quote=adamsfence;118546]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 View Post
last thing i want to say about this......i agree with you fool about dads taking kids out to have a good time. That being said what about every other place in this state to fish that doesn't have a "kiddy pool" for the less skilled fisherman to catch fish. What do fathers do then? The teach their kids to find the fish based on habitat and habits of fish. I have said it a thousand times on this forum that call it fishing not catching. I don't catch fish every time I go fishing and you know what that makes me a better fisherman because it forces me to try new things. The real question you should ask yourself is what does the dad say to the kids when there are no redfish to catch?[/QUOTE]

do you really feel we are hurting the red fish population? it is hard for me to believe by fishing out a 1 acre area in the lake you are going to hurt the population. I'm not as educated on this as yall but you cant tell me that this is hurting the population when there is a ton of marsh entrances in the lake and ship channel but these 3 areas are the only places they are going to go hell it aint big enough for you to fit that many boats in there to hurt the population
to be honest with you adam i am not arguing the fact that this one area is going to decimate the population of reds. i am simply having trouble understanding the mentality of a person being upset that some people would like to limit the slaughter of fish. i love to eat fish and my figure represents that but i also want to be able and catch the numbers of fish i do until i can't cast a line anymore. the only way in my opinion that happens is if we educate the meat hunters and work towards preserving the above average populations we have here.